Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens at Chiefs MNF Pregame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Chargers only beat the bengals by 3.

Chargers took KC to OT.

Browns beat the bengals by 5.

We destroyed the Browns.

We both beat the Texans by about the same amount of points , but we played them on the road.

Therefore we are about 7-10pts better than the Chiefs.
    The Transitive Property isn't really a thing in sports.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

seems like a good night for social distanced tailgating outside M&T

3. Re: Ravens at Chiefs MNF Pregame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMoose723 View Post
    Next Monday may very well determine the AFC participant in the SB. KC already allowing fans, might be at full capacity come playoffs...
    The Ravens had home field advantage throughout the playoffs last year and they lost their first game.

We know that having the best record and the home field advantage doesn't mean anything.

I'd say that the Ravens should trade present for future (playoffs) when it comes to making decisions. The Ravens don't need to have the best possible record when going into the playoffs (it didn't work last year), they need to be in the best possible position as a team.

For example, the best possible OL in the playoffs, even if the process of getting the best possible OL for the playoffs means that the team is weakened during the regular season. They would want to Ricard to be a good ball carrier in the playoffs, perhaps, and giving him reps and having him learn on the job might be riskier than a trained running back, but would yield greater rewards. I'm just coming up with examples.

We know that the Ravens, when they're on their game, can beat anybody. I would think the best thing to do is to make sure that the Ravens are able to be on their game 100% in the playoffs.

Bruh just play the damn game...don’t over think sh!t. Something tells me the Steelers are back too

Re: Chiefs at Ravens MNF Pregame Thread

Hopefully Lamar is a lot more poised this year. Last year, he seemed rattled and just wasn't himself. Run. The. Ball.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

At the risk of sounding naive, does anyone know of a SAFE place for Ravens fans to watch games together (other than at home)? Indoors/outdoors? Would be coming from southwest of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by lfallo1 View Post
    seems like a good night for social distanced tailgating outside M&T
    Figures the first home MNF game since 2012 and we can't even go

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    At the risk of sounding naive, does anyone know of a SAFE place for Ravens fans to watch games together (other than at home)? Indoors/outdoors? Would be coming from southwest of the city.
    Why can’t it be done outside of M&T with social distancing measures? You can get 5k fans out there with tv monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Hopefully Lamar is a lot more poised this year. Last year, he seemed rattled and just wasn't himself. Run. The. Ball.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    The game plan sucked way more than Lamar. I was at the game and Chiefs fans were asking me why aren’t we running the ball more? The coaches were bad that game and it was still never explained why Marlon did not play in the 2nd qtr when the chiefs scored 23 in a row with averret and Carr at corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    The Ravens had home field advantage throughout the playoffs last year and they lost their first game.

We know that having the best record and the home field advantage doesn't mean anything.

I'd say that the Ravens should trade present for future (playoffs) when it comes to making decisions. The Ravens don't need to have the best possible record when going into the playoffs (it didn't work last year), they need to be in the best possible position as a team.

For example, the best possible OL in the playoffs, even if the process of getting the best possible OL for the playoffs means that the team is weakened during the regular season. They would want to Ricard to be a good ball carrier in the playoffs, perhaps, and giving him reps and having him learn on the job might be riskier than a trained running back, but would yield greater rewards. I'm just coming up with examples.

We know that the Ravens, when they're on their game, can beat anybody. I would think the best thing to do is to make sure that the Ravens are able to be on their game 100% in the playoffs.
    I think this is a horrible take.

First, having HFA *does* mean something, historically. The fact that there will be only one team in each conference with a bye makes it mean more. Sure, it doesn't guarantee anything. We all get that. Especially in the era of COVID.

Your comment about making decisions in the regular season essentially says don't try too hard to win this game so we might be in better shape in the future. That concept would have any coach worth his salt flabbergasted. Trying it would have him lose respect with his players and get him fired. It's just not what's done.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Chargers had a lot of success running the ball against the Chiefs. I'd love to see us get our running game going and keep Mahomes on the sideline as much as possible.

I dont see it for us, we just dont have the ability to generate consistent rush with the DL like LAC can do with Bosa/Ingram. Although the IDL was giving them hell too - so maybe there is a sliver of hope.

I think it'll be a game, but we're going to have to be able to score most possessions AND drain the clock. It's going to look similar to the past two games.

EDIT: If we had a full house, I would feel much different.