Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Chiefs at Ravens MNF Pregame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    ...our ability to have a halftime lead. Something we've done for 13 consecutive games going back to last year. May not mean much but interesting neverthless.
    Warren Sharp says that the halftime lead is as powerful an advantage as winning the turnover battle. The team that gets the halftime lead wins as often as the team that gets the turnover margin.

I think Andy Reid knows this, and that's why his team explodes in Q2. He's pulling out all the stops to race for the halftime lead. We gotta counter.

Blog Entries

Our defense is pretty much completely different from the last KC game. We had Brandon Carr and Maurice Canady starting at corner who both got toasted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Warren Sharp says that the halftime lead is as powerful an advantage as winning the turnover battle. The team that gets the halftime lead wins as often as the team that gets the turnover margin.

I think Andy Reid knows this, and that's why his team explodes in Q2. He's pulling out all the stops to race for the halftime lead. We gotta counter.
    Teams that lead at halftime win over 70% of the time. This is from an article in 2018.

Looking for additional clarity, The Athletic compiled a list of the head coaches who have been employed by the same team for the same tenure that O’Brien has been in Houston. Here is how often those 12 coaches went on to win when their teams were ahead at the half — from Week 1, 2014 through Week 15, 2018.

Winning % When Leading at Halftime Since 2014
    Name W-L Percent
    1. Bill O’Brien, Texans 31-1 96.9
    2. Bill Belichick, Patriots 51-4 92.7
    3. Pete Carroll, Seahawks 35-4 89.7
    4. Andy Reid, Chiefs 43-6 87.8
    5. Mike Zimmer, Vikings 35-5 87.5
    6. Ron Rivera, Panthers 38-7 84.4
    7. Mike Tomlin, Steelers 40-8-1 82.7
    8. Sean Payton, Saints 32-7 82.1
    9. John Harbaugh, Ravens 28-8 77.8
    10. Marvin Lewis, Bengals 31-9-1 76.8
    11. Jay Gruden, Redskins 23-7-1 75.8
    12. Jason Garrett, Cowboys 32-11 74.4

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Our defense is pretty much completely different from the last KC game. We had Brandon Carr and Maurice Canady starting at corner who both got toasted.
    Very true. I also know that we won 14 games with Tavon and I also assume his career as a Raven is toast. All that said, I wish we had him specifically (if only!) for Chiefs games.
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Blog Entries

Chiefs injury updates following Week 2 vs. Chargers :

" The Kansas City Chiefs didn’t escape their hard-fought overtime win against the Los Angeles Chargers without injuries.

During the course of the game, the Chiefs lost CB Antonio Hamilton, RB Darrel Williams, DE Frank Clark and WR Sammy Watkins. Reid confirmed that Hamilton suffered a groin injury, Williams an ankle injury and that Clark was dealing with an illness. The injuries for Hamilton, Williams and Clark were all announced by the team during the game.

As for Watkins, Reid wasn’t too thrilled about his injury or the way that it was handled. During the game, he was visibly upset with the officials for not calling a penalty for helmet-to-helmet contact. "

... Bc

Blog Entries

https://twitter.com/NFLResearch/stat...054319618?s=20

NFL Research
    @NFLResearch
    ·
    14m
    Former KC (and LAR) CB Marcus Peters faces KC on MNF in Wk 3

Peters is 2-0 vs his former teams & has a 4th-qtr INT in each game (both were on MNF)

When Peters faced KC in 2018 he sealed a 54-51 win for the Rams by intercepting Mahomes late in the 4th quarter

#RivalryRevisited
    I think Peters might be the x factor in this game.

You know, I WAS going into all this respectful and reserved but fuck those guys. They're shitting on us left and right. Apparently our 3rd corner isn't very good? - Like, fucking Jimmy Smith is a BARGAIN this year and people assumed he was gone after getting Peters cause how do you keep 3 starting corners - you don't. We have 3 fucking elite corners who can ruin your day 3 different ways. Jimmy will jam you into next week. Peters will steal your soul and Marlon will rip what's left of you in two. I mean, these guys compliment each other well and seem to all get along/be on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    Very true. I also know that we won 14 games with Tavon and I also assume his career as a Raven is toast. All that said, I wish we had him specifically (if only!) for Chiefs games.
    Huh? Tavon missed all of last year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

At the end of the day you live and die on lamars arms and legs. Let him become the QB we all know he can be and is.

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    Huh? Tavon missed all of last year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Typo. Without

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Might be one of those games where KC defense's run fits stuffs most of the conventional running game so they have pull out power formations to do wacky things. Also comparing offenses between these two teams like their O-lines don't exist.

The future is here. Gone are the days of Peyton, Brady and Brees are around but old news, Rivers and Roethlisberger who?

Excited about the Lamar/Mahomes/Watson (i hope he can succeed in BOB's mess)/Murray/Prescott? era

Yes I realized I mixed first and last names

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk