Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: RBG has passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Ok, I hope you're right bro. I really really hope the sensible pick in Barrett is made.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I fear you may regret those words

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    I fear you may regret those words
    Why is that?

Blog Entries

Why is that?

She’s a solid constitutional conservative. If we get the right case to the SCOTUS with her on it. We could see Roe v Wade go bye bye.

Why is that?

She's Scalia in a dress.

Cotton is an intellectual lightweight by comparison

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    She’s a solid constitutional conservative. If we get the right case to the SCOTUS with her on it. We could see Roe v Wade go bye bye.
    I've read in several places that she's just for federally defunding it, which I don't necessarily find to be the worst thing in the world.

I personally think cases of rape or medical emergency are a different story in terms of funding but if they wanted to overturn the run of the mill abortion funding, it wouldn't be the worst case scenario.

This is all RBGs fault though. She shoulda stepped down a long time ago. At this point I'm comfortable with Barrett.

She's Scalia in a dress.

Cotton is an intellectual lightweight by comparison
    And that's what scares me about Cotton. People who don't think are more likely to do dumb hateful stuff.

I personally believe Barrett actually thinks and understands nuance.

Blog Entries

This is all RBGs fault though. She shoulda stepped down a long time ago. At this point I'm comfortable with Barrett.

On this we agree. She tried to hold on for to long.

So, it sounds like some actually think trump will nominate someone before the election. I think if he does, he will lose a lot of independents.

I don’t expect him to nominate anyone before the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    So, it sounds like some actually think trump will nominate someone before the election. I think if he does, he will lose a lot of independents.

I don’t expect him to nominate anyone before the election.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/dona...ry?id=73107862

Who knows if the sources are to be believed, but I think he will. The opportunity is too great. Dems don't have numbers to do anything about it either.

Be OK with Barrett or Cruz.

Not a Cotton fan
    Barrett.

Cruz should be running in 2024. Cotton shouldn’t even be in the conversation.

The "independents" who would vote against Trump because he made a pick were never "independent" to begin with.They were Democrats. I've always keep hearing about all these "moderate" voters. They'll happily vote Republican if the Republicans only do what the Democrats want.They aren't "moderate".

A few observations on this:

There is no "sacred tradition" that we musn't pick a Justice in an election year.If there was,Obama BROKE it in his final year by selecting Merrick.

Does anybody honestly believe that a Democrat president and Senate wouldn't ram through a candidate in a heartbeat if they could? Election yr. or not?

Schumer says he w/pack the court if Trump picks a nominee.THE DEMS. WILL DO THAT, ANYWAY!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikezpen View Post
    The "independents" who would vote against Trump because he made a pick were never "independent" to begin with.They were Democrats. I've always keep hearing about all these "moderate" voters. They'll happily vote Republican if the Republicans only do what the Democrats want.They aren't "moderate".

A few observations on this:

There is no "sacred tradition" that we musn't pick a Justice in an election year.If there was,Obama BROKE it in his final year by selecting Merrick.

Does anybody honestly believe that a Democrat president and Senate wouldn't ram through a candidate in a heartbeat if they could? Election yr. or not?

Schumer says he w/pack the court if Trump picks a nominee.THE DEMS. WILL DO THAT, ANYWAY!
    Here’s the thing. Of course Democrats would do it. They wanted a vote on Merrick Garland when they weren’t the majority so there’s no question they have done it if they were.

That said, this will come of as hypocritical even though technically McConnell is right that it’s an opposing party who’s never voted on SCOTUS nominee in an election year. And with ALL the.infighting arm twisting and procedural BS there no doubt the republicans will look terrible there.