Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Re: RBG has passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Do folks on here really believe they can stuff a justice in there by the election?

It's almost here and apparently if that dude in Arizona wins he can be seated pretty quick which would take one vote away.

I'm skeptical.

I believe the earliest he can be seated is Nov 30th.

Blog Entries

Do folks on here really believe they can stuff a justice in there by the election?

It's almost here and apparently if that dude in Arizona wins he can be seated pretty quick which would take one vote away.

I'm skeptical.
    It’s going to happen. I think they should forget about the committee hearing if it’s a judge that was recently confirmed but even if they do they’ll have plenty of time.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    It’s going to happen. I think they should forget about the committee hearing if it’s a judge that was recently confirmed but even if they do they’ll have plenty of time.
    I'm wondering what sort of theatrical garbage is being prepared for this confirmation....

It seems after the Kavanaugh debacle/travesty Democrats don't deserve a good faith shot at another justice. They proved they will stop an nothing and say/do anything/destroy anyone to stop a confirmation from happening. Confirmation hearings have outlived their usefulness. If you have the votes, you have the votes.

Blog Entries

I'm wondering what sort of theatrical garbage is being prepared for this confirmation....

It seems after the Kavanaugh debacle/travesty Democrats don't deserve a good faith shot at another justice. They proved they will stop an nothing and say/do anything/destroy anyone to stop a confirmation from happening. Confirmation hearings have outlived their usefulness. If you have the votes, you have the votes.
    Exactly why I wouldn’t have a committee hearing. Although they turned a few Seanta seats, I wouldn’t do that to someone again

Republicans have had a majority on the Supreme Court since at least 1981 when Scalia was appointed. After Clarence Thomas went on in around 1991, all the Justices were Republican. Did women lose their right to abortion? Did anybody lose any rights at all? No

Did the media and the rest of the left complain when Obama tried to appoint a Justice in an election year? No.

14 presidents have appointed 21 justices during presidential election years. A half-dozen presidents, classic lame ducks, filled Supreme Court seats...Washington Post.

The Republicans s/ram this one down the Democrats' throats!

Blog Entries

Exactly why I wouldn’t have a committee hearing. Although they turned a few Seanta seats, I wouldn’t do that to someone again
    The only temptation to have a hearing is for voters to witness first hand the Democrats ruthlessly attack a woman and you know they won't be able to help themselves. Might not be worth putting someone through the Kavanaugh treatment again.

7. Re: RBG has passed away.

I agree. If they have the votes and it looks like they do(they may even need Mike Pence), they will hopefully fast track it and make it happen asap. Whether they have control of the Senate after January 3rd is another story. I'm thinking no at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Cotton was directly quoting the founding fathers, "We have to study the history of slavery and its role and impact on the development of our country because otherwise we can't understand our country. As the founding fathers said, it was the necessary evil upon which the union was built, but the union was built in a way, as Lincoln said, to put slavery on the course to its ultimate extinction".

In order to bring the colonies together as a whole, the found fathers begrudgingly accepted slavery at that moment but took great pains to ensure it would eventually be defeated. Less than a century later, it was.
    You're right about this. I still don't see his reason for quoting it, but you're right, it was out of context

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    You're right about this. I still don't see his reason for quoting it, but you're right, it was out of context

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I’m not sure what his reason for quoting it was either, unless he was giving an example of the founding fathers having some ethical problems .