Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Pennsylvania and Michigan are changing voting rules for their states. Will other states follow?

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court approved ballots being accepted up to 3 days after the election if they are postmarked by election day and arrive by the Friday after.

https://www.lwv.org/newsroom/press-r...paign=09172020

Michigan followed suit and upped the ante.

A Michigan judge said the state must accept ballots that arrive within 14 days of the election as long as they are postmarked by November 2.

MI was decided by 10,000 votes in 2016.

https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-c...-and-Order.pdf

Blog Entries

Re: Pennsylvania and Michigan are changing voting rules for their states. Will other states follow?

Everyone has already bought their guns, right?

You're going to need them.

Re: Pennsylvania and Michigan are changing voting rules for their states. Will other states follow?

On top of which...

Pennsylvania: Mail ballots CANNOT be discarded over signature.

https://apnews.com/fc464c287c18823ff57fedc13facf7e5

Signatures tend to not match when they weren't filled out by the voter on record.

My take...

I don't think people are comprehending the amount of litigation post 11/3 that's going to take place. It's entirely possible that we really will be in a constitutional crisis (an actual one) the likes of which this country has never seen before.

President Pelosi isn't too far off given that everything could be "undecided" for a looooooong time.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 09-18-2020 at 04:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Don't you all see what's going to happen?

Trump's going to win on Election Night.

The Dems won't concede and they'll be "finding" ballots all over the country.

They'll keep counting until they win.

This will end up in the courts. The judges will rule primarily based on who put their ass on the stand, and it's going all the way to the Supreme Court.

John Roberts will decided who our next President is.

Meanwhile, as this is all going on and it is going to take months, there is going to be more and more violence in the streets. And a large portion of the country is going to reject Roberts' decision- no matter what.

Gee, what do you think comes next?

Blog Entries

I could be wrong. But if it’s not decided doesn’t the house vote on who the President is?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I could be wrong. But if it’s not decided doesn’t the house vote on who the President is?
    It's not that it won't be decided.

It's that it will be decided in the courts. The House only decides in case of a tie.

The courts will decide which votes are counted and which aren't. That will be the determining factor.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    It's not that it won't be decided.

It's that it will be decided in the courts. The House only decides in case of a tie.

The courts will decide which votes are counted and which aren't. That will be the determining factor.
    Oh boy.

I live in pa maybe I’ll vote by mail. Since it’s less likely now my ballot will be tossed.
    Funny how as the only republican registered in the house I’m the only one that has not been sent the application to get a mail in ballot

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I live in pa maybe I’ll vote by mail. Since it’s less likely now my ballot will be tossed.
    Funny how as the only republican registered in the house I’m the only one that has not been sent the application to get a mail in ballot
    Please don’t tell us, that you are suggesting because your congressional leader is a republican, that your local election officials haven’t sent you a ballot. I can’t imagine you being that far gone

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Please don’t tell us, that you are suggesting because your congressional leader is a republican, that your local election officials haven’t sent you a ballot. I can’t imagine you being that far gone
    No. He’s saying as the only republican in his house. He’s the only person not to have received a ballot (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Oh boy.
    I thought it went like this:
    1. Everyone votes - someone looks like they have won
    2. The guns/rioters come out
    3. The courts step in - (people go home to reload/get medical treatment)
    4. Courts don’t know what to do....
    5. The rioters/guns come out
    6. The house votes in a president that no one voted for
    7. The guns/rioters come out
    8. Half the population relocates to Canada/Mexico anywhere.
    9. The remaining people elect Julius Caesar emperor for life
    10. The Ides of March aren’t so good....
    11. The rioters/guns come out
    12. New election is held

That’s right, isn’t it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    I thought it went like this:
    1. Everyone votes - someone looks like they have won
    2. The guns/rioters come out
    3. The courts step in - (people go home to reload/get medical treatment)
    4. Courts don’t know what to do....
    5. The rioters/guns come out
    6. The house votes in a president that no one voted for
    7. The guns/rioters come out
    8. Half the population relocates to Canada/Mexico anywhere.
    9. The remaining people elect Julius Caesar emperor for life
    10. The Ides of March aren’t so good....
    11. The rioters/guns come out
    12. New election is held

That’s right, isn’t it?
    What makes you think the courts won't know what to do?