Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Lancaster protesters held on whopping $1 million bail each on riot charges

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Yet you're cheering a magistrate not obeying the law.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    WHat law did he not obey?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    The purpose of bail is to protect the community by requiring individuals who present a significant danger to the community (like those who are attacking and beating people, setting things on fire, looting, and vandalizing) have a significant incentive to restrain their behavior if they are released pending prosecution.

For those deemed a significant enough danger to the community, bail need not be granted, and the individual may be held without release until prosecution.

I find it a little curious that people would object to setting high bond conditions for individuals who have committed themselves to the violent and malicious destruction of communities as a means of political expression. It's like they think that the rights of the victims of these serial abusers are irrelevant.
    I don't find it curious you and your fellow authoritarians post in bad faith and lie.

It's what you do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    WHat law did he not obey?
    The Eighth and Fourteenth Amendments to the Constitution of the United States and Sec. 242 of the U.S. Code.

Blog Entries

They're also the ones minimizing murder of cops, people defending themselves and the execution of counter protestors. So.....
    Quote me doing any of that, liar.

Blog Entries

Yet you're cheering a magistrate not obeying the law.

I mean, if we are going to make childish blanket black/white (pun intended) statements -

And you cheer criminals that steal, rape, assault, and kill.

At least what I’m ok with makes communities safer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote me doing any of that, liar.

Shouldn't you ask me to quote it before calling me a liar? That doesn't make sense...

Blog Entries

Deleted. The dipshit isn't worth it.
    Last edited by bacchys; 09-18-2020 at 10:24 AM.

Blog Entries

The Eighth and Fourteenth Amendments to the Constitution of the United States and Sec. 242 of the U.S. Code.

Who's to say it's excessive?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I mean, if we are going to make childish blanket black/white (pun intended) statements -

And you cheer criminals that steal, rape, assault, and kill.

At least what I’m ok with makes communities safer.

Mine wasn't a blanket statement. You're upthread cheering the $1 million dollar fines imposed by this magistrate.

Unlike your "response," my statement is actually true. I haven't cheered any criminals.

Blog Entries

Who's to say it's excessive?
    The Supreme Court defined it in Stack v. Boyle. Bail cannot be set higher than an amount that is reasonably likely to ensure the defendant's presence at the trial. The mass order in the Twin Peaks case was struck down in part because there was no individual finding by the magistrate against the defendants, which is similar to what this magistrate in Lancaster did.

Blog Entries

Shouldn't you ask me to quote it before calling me a liar? That doesn't make sense...
    As I haven't done any of that I already know you're a liar.

Blog Entries

Mine wasn't a blanket statement. You're upthread cheering the $1 million dollar fines imposed by this magistrate.

Unlike your "response," my statement is actually true. I haven't cheered any criminals.

I am cheering a judge actually having the balls to do what is right to protect the community.

These people that are sitting in jail deserve to sit in jail until their trial/hearing starts. They have shown no regard for other people’s property, livelihood, or safety.

Maybe the judge is breaking the law, or at least being excessive with it. But that’s not the point. The point is he is telling these rioters that if you fuck around in Lancaster, PA you aren’t going to get a slap on the wrist and put back out into the public. You’re not going to have the option to continue being violent and endangering a community.

If that judge is wrong, then lucky for those ANTIFA fucks the legal system is designed for appeals, which I am sure has already happened.

If you want to know why the judge did this, please look at Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, Chicago, NYC, etc. That judge made the decision to protect his community.

I applaud him for protecting his community, which is much more than I can say for the pieces of shit in power in the other states/cities mentioned above.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.