Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Lancaster protesters held on whopping $1 million bail each on riot charges

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    So, you are ok then with releasing violent rioters back into public where they can do it all over again and this time adjust so they don’t get caught?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm okay with obeying the law. The Founding generation put a prohibition against excessive bail in the Bill of Rights. It's the law.

Those accused enjoy the presumption of innocence, moreover. You should know what that is since you suddenly believe in it whenever a cop or Republican is charged with something.

In the Waco shootout, 176 of those who had the excessive bond placed on them had the charges dropped with no trial. At least some of them were wrongfully jailed. Why are you okay with wrongfully jailing people and violating the Constitution?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    The fines are excessive. The judge ought to be disbarred. He's violating the oath of office and the Constitution.

A Texas judge did something similar in the wake of shootings at a biker gathering. Most of those weren't guilty of anything. Only one was brought to trial. He wasn't convicted.

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/03/70943...-that-killed-9

"Law and order" folks love to claim they're "constitutionalists," but they shit on it all the time.

These are not fines

Nine people died in the Twin Peaks brawl and the $1 million bond set on 177 people was still excessive.

The crimes at issue in Waco were more serious than the ones these people are facing.

Yes, 9 people died. Million dollar bail for murder is not excessive. Hence not related. Especsince the incidents are separated by 5 years and a thousand miles

Blog Entries

I'm okay with obeying the law. The Founding generation put a prohibition against excessive bail in the Bill of Rights. It's the law.

Those accused enjoy the presumption of innocence, moreover. You should know what that is since you suddenly believe in it whenever a cop or Republican is charged with something.

In the Waco shootout, 176 of those who had the excessive bond placed on them had the charges dropped with no trial. At least some of them were wrongfully jailed. Why are you okay with wrongfully jailing people and violating the Constitution?

I too am ok with obeying the law.

If only the violent anarchists/marxists were also ok with obeying the law.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    These are not fines
    Ding.

Also, I'm sure the judge was well aware that the bail (bail isn't a fine) will be appealed and likely lowered. He was making a point that he's not going to let these douchebags off with a slap on the wrist like so many other Liberal DA's and judges are doing in other areas of the country.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

§ 2717. Terrorism.
    (a) General rule.--A person is guilty of terrorism if he commits a violent offense intending to do any of the following:
    (1) Intimidate or coerce a civilian population.
    (2) Influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion.
    (3) Affect the conduct of a government.

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...n=17&subsctn=0

Please cite the domestic terrorism statute, Vlad.

I don't support riots. As usual, and like your fellow Trump cultists, you lie.

They fit a domestic terrorism by every definition. They are using violence and fear to get what they want. They don’t feel rules apply, because they feel their cause is greater than the law.

If you don’t see these rioters as domestic terrorist, you could be a terrorist yourself

The purpose of bail is to protect the community by requiring individuals who present a significant danger to the community (like those who are attacking and beating people, setting things on fire, looting, and vandalizing) have a significant incentive to restrain their behavior if they are released pending prosecution.

For those deemed a significant enough danger to the community, bail need not be granted, and the individual may be held without release until prosecution.

I find it a little curious that people would object to setting high bond conditions for individuals who have committed themselves to the violent and malicious destruction of communities as a means of political expression. It's like they think that the rights of the victims of these serial abusers are irrelevant.

Blog Entries

The purpose of bail is to protect the community by requiring individuals who present a significant danger to the community (like those who are attacking and beating people, setting things on fire, looting, and vandalizing) have a significant incentive to restrain their behavior if they are released pending prosecution.

For those deemed a significant enough danger to the community, bail need not be granted, and the individual may be held without release until prosecution.

I find it a little curious that people would object to setting high bond conditions for individuals who have committed themselves to the violent and malicious destruction of communities. It's like they think that the rights of the victims of these serial abusers are irrelevant.
    They're also the ones minimizing murder of cops, people defending themselves and the execution of counter protestors. So.....

Blog Entries

These are not fines
    You're right. I meant bonds.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Yes, 9 people died. Million dollar bail for murder is not excessive. Hence not related. Especsince the incidents are separated by 5 years and a thousand miles
    They weren't being charged with murder. The courts determined the bails were excessive and reduced them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I too am ok with obeying the law.

If only the violent anarchists/marxists were also ok with obeying the law.
    Yet you're cheering a magistrate not obeying the law.