Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Lancaster protesters held on whopping $1 million bail each on riot charges

A Pennsylvania judge threw the book at several protesters accused of rioting — by setting their bail at $1 million each — in the wake of the police shooting of a knife-wielding Lancaster man

Lancaster police nabbed a dozen people and one juvenile for staging the riots around 3 a.m. Monday in clashes that culminated in police deploying tear gas at the crowd.

The overnight violence came on the heels of the death of Ricardo Munoz, the mentally ill 27-year-old who was seen on bodycam footage charging with a knife in hand at a cop. The officer shot and killed Munoz Sunday afternoon outside his mother’s house in downtown Lancaster.

The mob marched from the scene of the shooting on Laurel Street to the police station, chucking glass bottles, rocks, bricks, gallon jugs filled with liquid and plastic road barricades at cops, police said.

A county vehicle parked in front of the station was also damaged.

Twelve adults — Jamal Shariff Newman, 24, Barry Jones, 30, Frank Gaston, 43, Yoshua Dwayne Montague, 23, Matthew Modderman, 31, Talia Gessner, 18, Kathryn Patterson, 20, Taylor Enterline, 20, T-Jay Fry, 28, Dylan Davis, 28, Alexa Wise, 29, and Jessica Marie Lopez, 32 — face a slew of felony and misdemeanor charges, including arson, riot, institutional vandalism and criminal conspiracy.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/15/lancas...alleged-riots/

Re: Lancaster protesters held on whopping $1 million bail each on riot charges

some good news for a change

They should have hit them with domestic terrorism charges also. It’s about time a judge comes down in these clowns. I was worried the terrorist would get a pass up until they crossed the line and vandalized a dem politicians property. But it looks like we finally have a respectful judge.

Blog Entries

The fines are excessive. The judge ought to be disbarred. He's violating the oath of office and the Constitution.

A Texas judge did something similar in the wake of shootings at a biker gathering. Most of those weren't guilty of anything. Only one was brought to trial. He wasn't convicted.

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/03/70943...-that-killed-9

"Law and order" folks love to claim they're "constitutionalists," but they shit on it all the time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Lancaster protesters held on whopping $1 million bail each on riot charges

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    The fines are excessive. The judge ought to be disbarred. He's violating the oath of office and the Constitution.

A Texas judge did something similar in the wake of shootings at a biker gathering. Most of those weren't guilty of anything. Only one was brought to trial. He wasn't convicted.

"Law and order" folks love to claim they're "constitutionalists," but they shit on it all the time.

You’re missing the point.

A huge reason why these rioters and looters keep doing bad shit in other places is because the judges and DA’s aren’t charging them or keeping them. They’re letting them go without even a slap on the wrist. It emboldens them. It gives them the idea that they can keep fucking shit up and no one is going to do anything about it.

The judge in Lancaster hammered them and guess what? Protests have remained peaceful in Lancaster (actually peaceful, not “mostly peaceful” according to the new fraudulent term coined by Liberal media).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I'm not missing the point. Breaking the law is no way to enforce the law. That so many excuse it is in large part why we're dealing with protests providing cover for rioters and anarchists.

Blog Entries

I'm not missing the point. Breaking the law is no way to enforce the law. That so many excuse it is in large part why we're dealing with protests providing cover for rioters and anarchists.

So, you are ok then with releasing violent rioters back into public where they can do it all over again and this time adjust so they don’t get caught?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

An incident in Texas where 9 people
    Died in 2015 is in no way related to the current situation in Lancaster.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    some good news for a change
    Most of these were reduced yesterday if I'm not mistaken.

They are still significant but not outrageous.

This is a far cry from the catch and release we've seen from some of these liberal prosecutors.

They are domestic terrorist. The judge was well within his limits. More judges need to do this.

I know you support the riots l, burning, looting and violence now.but eventually, these terror will come after you. And by then, it could be too late to stop them

Blog Entries

Please cite the domestic terrorism statute, Vlad.

I don't support riots. As usual, and like your fellow Trump cultists, you lie.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    An incident in Texas where 9 people
    Died in 2015 is in no way related to the current situation in Lancaster.
    Nine people died in the Twin Peaks brawl and the $1 million bond set on 177 people was still excessive.

The crimes at issue in Waco were more serious than the ones these people are facing.