Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pittsburgh Steelers' Maurkice Pouncey also breaking from team choice for name on helmet (Joins Villanueva)

"I was given limited information on the situation regarding Antwon, and I was unaware of the whole story surrounding his death and what transpired during the trial following the tragedy," Pouncey, a vocal advocate for the police communities in Pittsburgh and in his Florida hometown, wrote in an Instagram post. "I should have done more research to fully understand what occurred in its entirety.

Steelers cornerback Minkah Fitzpatrick on Thursday said players "talked briefly" about the helmets and a name, but the decision to put Rose's name on the helmets was "mostly made by everyone upstairs" and not through a team vote.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ce-name-helmet

Blog Entries

Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Maurkice Pouncey also breaking from team choice for name on helmet (Joins Villanueva)

What a broader metaphor.

Re: Pittsburgh Steelers' Maurkice Pouncey also breaking from team choice for name on helmet (Joins Villanueva)

With minkah saying it was basically a decision upstairs, doesn't thet look worse? I mean, they are saying it's a team decision and wanting to fight for injustice. This just makes them look dumber.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    With minkah saying it was basically a decision upstairs, doesn't thet look worse? I mean, they are saying it's a team decision and wanting to fight for injustice. This just makes them look dumber.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Yeah... I would agree... not a good look for anyone concerned.

(Although Pouncey and Villanueva seem to have carried themselves well)

Makes the team management look like manipulative assholes... and the players look like rubes.

Blog Entries

Pandering corporatists and ignorant players.

Hmmmmm. Sums up the whole fucking "movement."

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Pandering corporatists and ignorant players.

Hmmmmm. Sums up the whole fucking "movement."
    Props to Pouncey (better late than never) and Villanueva for swimming against the tide.

Maybe it will cause others to try and understand what they're offering their support for.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Props to Pouncey (better late than never) and Villanueva for swimming against the tide.

Maybe it will cause others to try and understand what they're offering their support for.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Agreed
    Not sure if you're familiar with Antwon Rose Jr... but he's yet another criminal turd who was stopped after a drive by shooting... after having just stolen a 9mm handgun in an armed robbery.

You know... another one of those innocent kids.... the kind that racist cops hunt for sport.

Blog Entries

Not sure if you're familiar with Antwon Rose Jr... but he's yet another criminal turd who was stopped after a drive by shooting... after having just stolen a 9mm handgun in an armed robbery.

You know... another one of those innocent kids.... the kind that racist cops hunt for sport.
    I guess the cop was one of those guys LeBron James was talking about that left the house in a bad mood and just wanted to kill someone for fun...?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I guess the cop was one of those guys LeBron James was talking about that left the house in a bad mood and just wanted to kill someone for fun...?
    I don't understand why BLM can't find even one victim of this horrible racism, that wasn't in the act of committing and being apprehended for a felony when the horrible racism occurred....

It's almost like the police were more interested in pursuing felons, than they were in being racist.

That can't be right.

Well, he and Villanueva better get with the program. The NFL hates cops, hates the military, and hates America. These thugs are heroes to the league.

Has Kamala Harris said how proud she was of him yet?