Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Where will Andrews rank amongst Ravens TEs?

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Perhaps because of Ozzie's influence, the team has a history of some pretty stellar tight ends.

Sharpe -- 32 games played, 140 receptions, 1,621 yards, 7 TDs
    Heap -- 133 games played, 467 receptions, 5,492 yards, 41 TDs
    Pitta --66 games played, 224 receptions, 2,098 yards, 13 TDs

and now

Andrews -- 32 games played, 103 receptions, 1,463 yards, 15 TDs

What's interesting is that last year he played about 40% of snaps (matching Hurst). He logged 70% last Sunday.

I'll be curious to see where on this list he ends up.

Image by u/BloomieDesign via Reddit
    I am going to get murdered for this...
    at the top, easily, by a mile.
    He’s already 2nd on the list in my book. Heap has longevity, but nowhere near the peak.
    Heap had to eventually become the best blocker of this list in a way that could be mirrored by Andrews. Heap was definitely worse than Andrews as rookies in this regard.
    Heap was better than his stats suggest, Sharpe was just November and December of his career, and Pitta... I wont remind everyone of my opinion on him, but suffice it to say he’s a distant 4th on this list in my book.

But also remember this is answering the question of where he will end up, Heap clearly wins to this point. Andrews must sign a second contract in Baltimore to surpass him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=ravens1991;1938608He really was Mark Andrews receiving with Nick Boyle's blocking.[/QUOTE]

Holy Hyperbole Batman!

Love Heap, but... Boyle is on another stratosphere.
    And Andrews is likely going to be a better receiver, but not by close to the above margin.

But it’s an unfair comparison. Boyle is a 2020 athlete and size with the temperament and skillset of a 1960’s TE. I cant recall seeing a better blocking TE since I have been watching football, right there with prime Gronk.

This will be unpopular but I think Andrews is going to be top after this year.

He's already spent one season among the top 3 TEs in the league and looks like doing so again. That's the start of a Hall of Fame trajectory, a level Heap never reached.

Even if Andrews is only a Raven for the duration of his rookie contract, that will be because he was too good and became too expensive to retain, not because the team didn't want to keep him. Should we really credit Heap for being less good and therefore more affordable just because of longevity?

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Should we really credit Heap for being less good and therefore more affordable just because of longevity?
    But aren't we giving Andrews credit for being on the same team as Lamar? Heap was catching passes from Elvis Grbac & Kyle Boller. Late in his career he got a couple seasons with Joe; but before Joe got good.

I think Andrews will be as good or better than Heap, but may not have the stats to back it up. The Ravens have actual receivers to share targets these days.
    "Find #20 on every play"

Heap by a nose right now.

But Andrews should surpass him, if he stays healthy and has a long Ravens career.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    If Andrews gets his second contract in Baltimore, he'll end up #1. Otherwise it'll still be Heap.
    I agree with WNCR. Mandrews has the advantage of LJ chucking him the pigskin, while Heap had Boller putting him in awkward positions where he was bound to get crushed... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    But aren't we giving Andrews credit for being on the same team as Lamar? Heap was catching passes from Elvis Grbac & Kyle Boller. Late in his career he got a couple seasons with Joe; but before Joe got good.
    Lamar helps but I don't think Heap, good as he was, could get open and separate the way Andrews can. If he really had Andrews' potential wouldn't other teams have tried to sign him for big money and probably priced him out of the range that the Ravens were willing to spend on offense in those days?

Wasn't Flacco was already a pretty good QB to play with if you were a tight end, even in the early years? I remember a lot of passes to Heap.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Lamar helps but I don't think Heap, good as he was, could get open and separate the way Andrews can. If he really had Andrews' potential wouldn't other teams have tried to sign him for big money and probably priced him out of the range that the Ravens were willing to spend on offense in those days?

Wasn't Flacco was already a pretty good QB to play with if you were a tight end, even in the early years? I remember a lot of passes to Heap.
    At least once he set the market. It was only like $3m/yr or whatever at the time, but he was the highest paid TE in football at one time.

Blog Entries

Not that it's here or there on this discussion, but I'm pretty sure Heap played more games with JF as starting QB than he did Kyle Boller. Of course - overall he played with a lot more shitty QBs than just Boller. Grbac, Jeff Blake, Redman, etc.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I agree with WNCR. Mandrews has the advantage of LJ chucking him the pigskin, while Heap had Boller putting him in awkward positions where he was bound to get crushed... Bc
    Hey now don't forget Chris Redman too!
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Can we downplay Andrews success/star power so we don't have to give him Kittle money lol