Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Who do you pay in the next 2 years if you can maybe afford 3

in the next 2 years the big dogs will hit the market. with LJ's hit you may only be able to keep 3.

stay
    Lamar Jackson - Elite, certainly once in a decade talent, maybe once in a quarter century talent.
    Marlon Mumphrey - this guy is a gamer and game wrecker in a pass happy league
    Mark Andrews - he and LJ just have the chemistry

gone
    Matthew Judon - price will be way to high and the ravens have shown the ability to draft and develop at this position
    Ronnie Stanley - price is to high and although this is considered the 2nd most important position on the field, Lamars scrambling makes less so important. hopefully Tyre Phillips can evolve to this position
    Orlando Brown - may be able to stay if asking price is reasonable. if not the ravens have been able to draft and develop OLmen.

Re: Who do you pay in the next 2 years if you can maybe afford 3

Uggh I’d keep Stanley over Andrews but I think we can keep all 4 if we sacrifice the other two:
    Marquise Brown becomes the next hard decision.

Ingram and Snead will likely leave this offseason creating some space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronnie Stanley
    Marlon Humphrey
    Lamar

Depends on how long you think the Super Bowl window is going to be open. I’d keep LJ, Andrews, Stanley,Humphries to start. Hollywood next. I think the window is going to be five years wide. Team has no holes to fill to speak of. Next year they can find a pash rusher in the draft and then cherry pick a TE, O lineman, maybe just trade a third round pick this year for a second round pick next year. Drafting ten plus players won’t work because they won’t need ten. Seven or less at best.

Blog Entries

Ronnie Stanley is getting paid. Mark it down. No way that doesn't happen.

No way you let Stanley walk under any circumstance. The only other players more important (meaning ease of replacement to match skill) are LJ and Tucker. The Ravens are hopefully never in a position to draft again in the spot where you’re able to find a LT of Stanley’s caliber, and they don’t usually hit free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Ronnie Stanley
    Marlon Humphrey
    Lamar
    Yep. Gotta base it in the importance of the position played. You have really good players at the positions of most importance you sign them first

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    No way you let Stanley walk under any circumstance. The only other players more important (meaning ease of replacement to match skill) are LJ and Tucker. The Ravens are hopefully never in a position to draft again in the spot where you’re able to find a LT of Stanley’s caliber, and they don’t usually hit free agency.
    Exactly. Look at what the Texans gave up for Tunsil in draft picks and cap space. And Stanley is better than Tunsil. The Ravens always made sure they could pay JO and struggled to find the next guy for that position for years. Now that they found him they aren't giving him up because of money. They're going to keep Stanley no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    Depends on how long you think the Super Bowl window is going to be open. I’d keep LJ, Andrews, Stanley,Humphries to start. Hollywood next. I think the window is going to be five years wide. Team has no holes to fill to speak of. Next year they can find a pash rusher in the draft and then cherry pick a TE, O lineman, maybe just trade a third round pick this year for a second round pick next year. Drafting ten plus players won’t work because they won’t need ten. Seven or less at best.
    I agree with these. I would rank them: 1) LJ 2) Stanley 3) Humphrey 4) Andrews I would do everything I could to keep those 4. If they have confidence in Bowser to have a breakout, I would be trying to get him to sign a moderate extension before he has 1 good season and prices himself out of town (of course this is assuming that both a) the Ravens have that confidence and b) Bowser is not willing to gamble on himself)))

It has to be Lamar, Andrews and Humphrey. Stanley would be the 4th. If Stanley's not there Lamar can run around and away from anyone coming after him. He can't however leap 10' in the air in the end zone to one hand a football for a TD

Sorry fellas, disagree on Stanley. Stanley is going to command a Salary cap crippling contract. LJ's talent provides you the luxury of inserting a 80% skill level of Stanley at 40% the price caliber LT and not have a huge precipitous dropoff. Sure game day cant be scrubs like James Hurst or a DJ Fluker at LT, but I have faith in EDC that he would be able to find a solid starter at LT late in the 1st round as a functional replacement.

Two things with Stanley -
    1 He gets nicked up quite a bit. Injury concerns would be a factor
    2 He isnt a JO type of pass blocker that basically erases the rusher. If you insert a pocket QB in that lineup, would Stanely be lauded as the best? Maybe, but I bet he'd give up a lot more sacks. Lets face it, LJ makes everyone on that OL much better than they truly are.

Cant pay everyone, and Stanley's contract would be crippling compared to a solid but much cheaper LT on his first contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    It has to be Lamar, Andrews and Humphrey. Stanley would be the 4th. If Stanley's not there Lamar can run around and away from anyone coming after him. He can't however leap 10' in the air in the end zone to one hand a football for a TD
    You want to give LJ 40-50 million a season and no insurance policy? Tell him to just run the other way when he can’t see what he’s even running from?

Go back and watch some Jared Gaither/Eugene Monroe stuff, even some James Hurst stuff if you don’t think it’s a big deal. Having Andrews won’t even matter that much without Stanley.