Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Is Lamar Jackson elite?

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I think the list stops at Mahomes and Wilson. Maybe Watson because I don't know how the Texans think. If Aaron Rodgers were younger...
    I thought Watson but when you watch him play he’s like LJ in some ways, but he appears noticeably slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    I thought Watson but when you watch him play he’s like LJ in some ways, but he appears noticeably slower.
    I agree; I wouldn't agree with the Texans but like I said, I don't know what they're thinking these days.

Flacco was elite-just ask him.. Lamar is other worldly.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    LJ will get an elite level of pay
    Or, what I like to call, 'Flacco-level pay.'

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    Its a good hypothetical. I think Cliff Kingsbury might hold on to Kyler Murray for 2 reasons. 1, he's got more years on the rookie contract. 2, he's a perfect fit for his scheme. LJ would play as well in that scheme but probably not better.
    This is fair. Kyler has a slightly bigger arm than Lamar, and is accurate as hell, so he's probably a better for Koach Kliff than Lamar would be.

Mind you, Lamar would do just fine in that offense, with his pocket presence & vision & mobility. But as you say, not better than Kyler.

As a strictly hypothetical, aside from Mahomes, would any other team not get rid of their current QB to take LJ right now?
    Teams might still have reservations about durability, with Lamar's style of play. That's a reason why some teams might hesitate to pull the trigger, on the swap you suggest. It's all I can think of.

Aside from maybe Russell Wilson I can’t think of any.
    Russ turns 32 this season. I'd a lot rather have the next five years of Lamar Jackson than the next five years of Russ Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Russ turns 32 this season. I'd a lot rather have the next five years of Lamar Jackson than the next five years of Russ Wilson.
    In a sense that there is a comfort level there with Pete Carroll, who isn’t going to be around for too much longer. Wilson is also a proven playoff commodity.

is Justin Tucker elite? are we allowed to use that word for kickers? i never understood all the rules surrounding 'elite'

In a sense that there is a comfort level there with Pete Carroll, who isn’t going to be around for too much longer. Wilson is also a proven playoff commodity.
    Yes, I think that is a legitimate claim.
    So Mahomie, Russ, and Kylwr have valid, solid, albeit not indisputable reasons to turn down a straight A for B trade. Watson is potentially next in line and that gets quite a murky. Maybe MIA with Tua and CIN with Burrow pause as well but I still think they would take the Reigning MVP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    is Justin Tucker elite? are we allowed to use that word for kickers? i never understood all the rules surrounding 'elite'
    He has to be, the quality of kickers these days is absolutely not what it used to be. If you find a good one you count your lucky stars, and you’d have to be blown away to ever part with him. Elite is one of those things you can’t really define, but you know it when you see it.

Wilson is also a proven playoff commodity.
    They were just 2 games. The rules don't change or anything. More importance is attached to them which may have made Lamar a little more tense but if he can do it in NFL games he can do it in the playoffs. Randomness and small sample sizes make people look at the playoffs really strangely in my view.

I don't know what satisfaction some Ravens fans get from saying that he needs to prove it in the playoffs. Through sheer chance they're right at the moment. Through sheer talent Lamar will inevitably prove them wrong in the end. We're gonna get a Super Bowl outta him. Belee dat.

The first few posts of this Reddit thread highlight how rididculously brilliant he has been recently.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...een_named_afc/

He has to be, the quality of kickers these days is absolutely not what it used to be. If you find a good one you count your lucky stars, and you’d have to be blown away to ever part with him. Elite is one of those things you can’t really define, but you know it when you see it.
    I agree. AND over the last several years, we've seen many other kickers go from looking good to looking horrible...Dan Bailey, Gostkowski, etc. Tucker's off day/year is a huge success for any other kicker/team in the league!

Blog Entries

Shas, please clarify. Do you mean compared to Joe Flacco? He's the standard for "elite"

... Bc