Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4647484950 ... LastLast

Re: Week 2 Other Games

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    What a game!!! Football is back in full force!!!
    Most exciting game I watched so far. Damn, cam and Russ both looked good. Throwing darts. Great coaching too.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Cam should be, in theory at least, more durable than Lamar due to his weighing about 30 or 40 pounds more. Not saying he is, but that weight should in theory help.
    The problem has always been that he uses it. Cam plays like a battering ram, or a fullback. He dishes out the punishment, that Lamar avoids.

And it kinda doesn't matter that Cam is more durable than most. The people he's banging against are fungible, and he's an MVP talent (won it in 2015). If he lasts a few years longer than most of the people he's banging against, that's a net loss for his team. Better for his career if he tries to last as long as Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees.

Great player, though. Nice to see him in a good situation.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Lamar had 16 carries today and Cam had 11 carries.

Cam should be, in theory at least, more durable than Lamar due to his weighing about 30 or 40 pounds more. Not saying he is, but that weight should in theory help.

His style of play eventually catches up with him. That's why he's been injured the past few years.

Cam looked good yesterday but reverted into being Cam on the last play and got flipped

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    His style of play eventually catches up with him. That's why he's been injured the past few years.
    I don't think it's his style of play. His unique skill set and what he's asked to do plays a part as well.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I don't think it's his style of play. His unique skill set and what he's asked to do plays a part as well.
    Yeah he takes hits that other QBs don't take when they run. 'Cause he's a big dude. But he still needs to run to be most effective.

Blog Entries

all QBs will eventually get hurt.
    We’re talking about football here and the count of uninjured players eventually sets to zero.

Injuries have much less to with the “type” of QB and more to do with how well the QBs avoid bad hits and injury.

Lamar (when he’s not being a tough guy) is very skilled at avoiding “risky” contact.
    I’m actually adding this skillset to my QB grading criteria. I would rate Kyler Murray and Russell Wilson as the epitome of this skillset.

tldr:
    It’s not the size or style of play (“pocket” vs “runner”) that makes a QB more or less likely to be injured it’s the skill to avoid contact.
    Last edited by edromeo; 09-21-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Cam’s on the backend of his career, if he doesn’t go all out there is really no point. He’s never been about saving himself to begin with. He looks more like vintage Cam now than he has in some time.

Blog Entries

here's the cowboy's onside kick. you can't convince me the Falcons players didn't think they had to wait until it went 10 yards.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1307781239940710401

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    here's the cowboy's onside kick. you can't convince me the Falcons players didn't think they had to wait until it went 10 yards.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1307781239940710401
    I'm thinking they probably thought it wouldn't go 10 yards and were waiting for the flag

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I'm thinking they probably thought it wouldn't go 10 yards and were waiting for the flag
    but why not jump on it?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I think the Raiders take care of business today.