Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The Official 2020 Lamar Jackson / Defending MVP Appreciation Thread

Let's face it, 2020 has sucked. One thing that has not sucked has been the development of Baltimore's latest & greatest #8

https://youtu.be/zANceggDDBw

This is a QB School video that I posted last nite in another thread but I thought maybe by starting this thread we can post all Lamar-related content in one place: articles, videos, gifs etc that breakdown the brilliance of our franchise QB.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Blog Entries

Re: The Official 2020 Lamar Jackson / Defending MVP Appreciation Thread

Sunday was an MVP performance.

He really carried the team.

The OL was *meh* and consequently the runners didn't have much room which made the run game *meh*.

The protection was *meh* but it didn't matter because Lamar was on point w/ his pocket presence which allowed the passing game to carry the day.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

https://sports.yahoo.com/think-lamar...210124150.html

Passer rating of 152.1, Total QBR of 94.1 and 11.0 yards per attempt, all NFL-leading numbers.

PFF
    @PFF
    Highest graded QBs from inside the pocket in W1:

1. Aaron Rodgers - 94.8
    2. Lamar Jackson - 92.1
    3. Russell Wilson - 91.5
    George Chahrouri
    @PFF_George
    There was 1 QB whose average target was more than 10 yards downfield and also threw a catchable pass on at least 90% of his throws:

Lamar Jackson
    In fact, according to NextGen stats, Jackson's completion percentage over expected (how many more passes did you complete than an average quarterback would be expected to complete given time to throw, how the receiver was covered, etc.) was 15.8, easily the second-highest in the NFL. And the only player ahead of him, Gardner Minshew, had half the air yards as Jackson.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    George Chahrouri
    @PFF_George
    There was 1 QB whose average target was more than 10 yards downfield and also threw a catchable pass on at least 90% of his throws:Lamar Jackson
    That is truly incredible.
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Here's a season preview piece that could serve as the basis for looking at how the media covers/analyzes his MVP defense this year.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/9...ense-nfl-solve

Blog Entries

Being a fan for 17~ years I truly never thought I'd see the day where we have a QB like this and an offense like we do. The wait to watch something like this makes it all the more sweeter.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Being a fan for 17~ years I truly never thought I'd see the day where we have a QB like this and an offense like we do. The wait to watch something like this makes it all the more sweeter.
    I know. I used to be so jealous of all those teams that had a QB and despair that the Ravens basic level of competence meant they would never ever be in a position to draft a star QB. And now we've got Lamar, who's on course to be one of the best QBs of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I know. I used to be so jealous of all those teams that had a QB and despair that the Ravens basic level of competence meant they would never ever be in a position to draft a star QB. And now we've got Lamar, who's on course to be one of the best QBs of all time.
    What you guys said.

I feel like it's bigger than just getting a "franchise QB", like a Brett Favre or an Aaron Rodgers. Such a player makes your team perennially relevant in the NFL. But this feels next level. It's more like, when your city gets Michael Jordan. A special star who redefines what's possible and transcends his sport.

Still in the very early stages of this rocket taking off. Things could go in any direction. But that's what this feels like to me.

I was 5 years old when the Ravens came to town. I remember how cool it was growing up with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed every Sunday. I cannot fathom how cool it would be to be a elementary school kid with Lamar as your QB.

The more I see him progress makes me wonder what were they doing at Louisville for his development. I have never seen a QB progress this quickly from where he was at as a rookie. Lamar has passion you cannot teach and that isn't something that pops up once you hit the NFL. We got lucky w/ whatever methods they had for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ravens1991 View Post
    The more I see him progress makes me wonder what were they doing at Louisville for his development. I have never seen a QB progress this quickly from where he was at as a rookie. Lamar has passion you cannot teach and that isn't something that pops up once you hit the NFL. We got lucky w/ whatever methods they had for him.
    The first couplefew articles linked in this thread:

– discuss some of the methods they used at Lville. VR-headsets, to put him in the middle of film and let him turn his head to see different things. Petrino would whistle a play dead in practice if Lamar left the pocket too soon. Lots of stuff. They worked him hard.

I think I read in one of those pieces, that Lamar had never had a playbook until he got to Lville. They did really tremendous work with him. Probably the biggest strides he took as a player were from high school to his sophomore (Heisman) year at Lville. Everything since then has kinda been "steady" progress. But those ~15 mos or whatever, from high school to college soph, took him from athlete-without-a-playbook to college passer running a pro-style offense.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    The first couplefew articles linked in this thread:

– discuss some of the methods they used at Lville. VR-headsets, to put him in the middle of film and let him turn his head to see different things. Petrino would whistle a play dead in practice if Lamar left the pocket too soon. Lots of stuff. They worked him hard.

I think I read in one of those pieces, that Lamar had never had a playbook until he got to Lville. They did really tremendous work with him. Probably the biggest strides he took as a player were from high school to his sophomore (Heisman) year at Lville. Everything since then has kinda been "steady" progress. But those ~15 mos or whatever, from high school to college soph, took him from athlete-without-a-playbook to college passer running a pro-style offense.
    JT O’Sullivan our our another Lamar Jackson QB school video yesterday.
    It’s just my duty to tell you now, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billick's Breakdown (from Week 1):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7-8iwdAR54