Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Lamar Jackson Week 1 AFC Offensive Player of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    lol good point. may have to change my sig
    Yeah bro you’ve had that sig since the Sunspot days when it was definitely applicable. I think you could safely retire it if you wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Haha. His stats over the past 9 regular season games are disgusting.

149/211 70.6% comp 1752 yards 28 tds 1 int 133.14 qb rating 11.76 ypa
    675 rushing yards 4 rush tds
    Preposterous.

28 TDs on 211 attempts is a 13.3% TD%.

The NFL single-season record for TD% for a QB with more than 70 attempts is 13.9%, by Sid Luckman in 1943.

Since 1960, the record is 9.9%, shared by George Blanda (1961) and Peyton Manning (2004).
    (Steve Young hit 14.5% on 69 attempts in 1987; but he only started 3 games.)

Regarding that yards-per-attempt of 11.76:

The NFL single-season record for yards-per-attempt for a QB with more than 50 attempts is 11.17, by Tommy O'Connell of the Browns in 1957.

If you limit it to post-merger with 5+ starts, the best mark is Kurt Warner with the Greatest Show On Turf Rams, the year after they won the SB: he had 9.88 ypa.

Lamar is shredding those numbers.

And the kicker is, those 9 opponents are not just a lineup of chumps, either. I mean, obvsly the Browns are chumps. They're in there twice; Bengals are in there too. But the other opponents include:

v Pats 12 wins, div champ, #1 DVOA defense
    v Texans 10 wins, div champ
    @ Rams 9 wins, #8 DVOA def
    v Niners 13 wins, conf champ, #2 DVOA def
    @ Bills 10 wins, playoffs, #7 DVOA def
    v Jets #11 DVOA def
    Most of the games in Lamar's streak of statistically-preposterous play, have been against GOOD defenses. Good to great defenses, in fact.

Wild.

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    I've been watching the TV commentators. He's still not getting the credit. They still think Mahomes and the Chiefs are better.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    They're so disrespectful to Lamar's historically insane level of play AS A PASSER, if Baker Mayfield was on this type of run in terms of TD/INT ratio, QBR, completion %, wins, NFL TD pass leader, unanimous MVP they would be calling him the next coming of Brady/Manning

All they ever talk about with Lamar is "He's a great playmaker!" "He's so dynamic!" but it just feels so backhanded, if so many other more traditional QB's accomplished the same things they would be talked about and regarded in a completely different way

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    They're so disrespectful to Lamar's historically insane level of play AS A PASSER, if Baker Mayfield was on this type of run in terms of TD/INT ratio, QBR, completion %, wins, NFL TD pass leader, unanimous MVP they would be calling him the next coming of Brady/Manning

All they ever talk about with Lamar is "He's a great playmaker!" "He's so dynamic!" but it just feels so backhanded, if so many other more traditional QB's accomplished the same things they would be talked about and regarded in a completely different way
    Chris Simms is Chris Simms, but I think the mini rant on PFT when Florio “buys the hype” on the Ravens makes sense.

https://youtu.be/bqA9ZLoTQ0U
    Just win baby...

Blog Entries

The converted WR did all that?

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post

Baker is getting trashed right now. Yes, given the same stats he'd be the second coming off Christ, but he isn't getting a free pass. Neither is darnold, Rosen, Allen, haskins. I think it's pretty fair that the guys underachieving are getting their due and the the guys playing well, like Allen, are getting the appropriate level of respect. Mayfield knows the entire NFL is talking about him potentially flaming out of the league or into backup status. Maybe he'll get a second shot like Tannehill or Bridgewater, but this is a make or break year for him. Wentz had a bad game, he's getting shit. I think minshew is equally as underappreciated as Lamar, without anyone thinking that even if he plays elite that they'd have anything close to a good season. Even Brady got trashed after this week.

So I think the media is pretty fair with handing out criticism but they're short on handing out praise to the reigning MVP and the best record in football. It's going to take a win over the Chiefs and a playoff run to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    Chris Simms is Chris Simms, but I think the mini rant on PFT when Florio “buys the hype” on the Ravens makes sense.

https://youtu.be/bqA9ZLoTQ0U
    Simms had always been fair to Lamar and the Ravens. I watched this earlier too. The whole rant about the way the agents influence the narrative and the media is fantastic. Everyone should watch that part. Explains a lot

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    I mean, i just read an article about what the QBs drafted in 2018 will need to do to make it into the $40 mil club. They didn't really talk about Jackson except to say he's already in and far and away the best of the class. As fas as being better than Mahomes - it's a couple years experience different mainly and some playoff wins. Slay that dragon this winter.
    Amen to that! I am somehow confident he will... Bc

The Ravens scored 20+ points in EVERY regular season game Lamar has started (23 games). This has to be a record right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    lol good point. may have to change my sig
    Well you could modify it to "Ravenswintitles" ... Bc

Someone on reddit extrapolated out Lamar's stats for the last 9 regular season games over a 16 game season after excluding all the 4th quarter sit downs etc. It's even crazier.

"So that means he accumulated those stats in 8.14 games if my math is correct.

So now we’re looking at a 62 TD, 1300 rushing yard pace. Also only 2 Ints.

I know on pace stats are generally laughed at but playing at this level over basically half a season is just absurd.

He had 1752 passing yards over the 8.14 game span so that’s a pace of 3443 passing yards. His passing and rushing attempts combined was like 311

Total stat line: 4769 total yards, 3443 passing, 1326 rushing, 55 passing TDs 7 rushing TDs. 62 total TDs, and only 2 picks.

His TD efficiency over this stretch is just stupid.

His touches come out to about 611 attempts (Passing + Rushing) per 16 games. With 62 total TDs, that means he’s scoring a TD on roughly 10% of his rushing or passing attempts"

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    I watched this earlier too. The whole rant about the way the agents influence the narrative and the media is fantastic. Everyone should watch that part. Explains a lotk
    Yes! That made a ton of sense! Something I would never have thought of, if they hadn't mentioned it.

I also like the bit about Simms kicking himself for moving OFF of Lamar, as the best QB in that draft. "Well these other guys must know something...."