Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congrats yall

1. Congrats yall

Lifelong chiefs fan here. Just wanted to stop in and show some love. The Ravens looked incredible week 1. And Lamar blew me away. He was scary accurate. I played linebacker in high school and like many, others always loved the Ravens culture, and of course linebackers. Your defense looks amazing as well. Secondary absolutely flies to the ball. Anyways best of luck to you guys this season, and I definitely think either the Ravens or Chiefs will represent the AFC in the SB this year.

Re: Congrats yall

Classy post. Welcome to the board, newbie!

Can't think of a better AFC title game matchup than Chiefs/Ravens and I think the NFL wants it too. Arguably, that'd be the real Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsfan View Post
    Lifelong chiefs fan here. Just wanted to stop in and show some love. The Ravens looked incredible week 1. And Lamar blew me away. He was scary accurate. I played linebacker in high school and like many, others always loved the Ravens culture, and of course linebackers. Your defense looks amazing as well. Secondary absolutely flies to the ball. Anyways best of luck to you guys this season, and I definitely think either the Ravens or Chiefs will represent the AFC in the SB this year.
    We went to the chiefs game last year. The fans were great but that stadium reminded me of memorial stadium in Baltimore. Pretty old stadium.

See you next week! Finally meet in Baltimore, man I wish there were fans in the stadium for that one. Think it will inevitably decide who the #1 seed will be in January.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    We went to the chiefs game last year. The fans were great but that stadium reminded me of memorial stadium in Baltimore. Pretty old stadium.
    It's football, not Jai Alai.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    See you next week! Finally meet in Baltimore, man I wish there were fans in the stadium for that one. Think it will inevitably decide who the #1 seed will be in January.
    That would have been one loud game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsfan View Post
    One of my best buds is from KC and a huge Chiefs fan. Never thought we'd be living in a world where our two teams were Superbowl favorites. You guys have a great fan base and I think this is going to be an epic rivalry for the next decade. The new Brady Vs Manning.

I like Andy Reid. I thought he got screwed in Philly by a horrible fan base and ownership that complained about going to the playoffs every year. Granted, they finally won a superbowl after he left, but so did he and he's definitely got the better gig than Pederson. Best coaching tree in football too.

You'll find nothing but respect for the Chiefs on this board.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Are you surprised that PC fanatics haven’t made your team change their name like the redskins?

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    Are you surprised that PC fanatics haven’t made your team change their name like the redskins?
    I mean, there's a big difference between the names. I know some people think NA mascots in general are bad, but then you can extend that to exploiting any cultural reference like Vikings, etc. I think the real difference is that Washington's was an actual racial slur. The KC Chiefs compared to the Washington R******s would be like The Harlem Globetrotters to The NY N*****S.

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    Best tailgating experience in the NFL (I can still visualize all the KC steaks charring up & down the parking rows, even though I stopped eating meat 25 years ago I wish I could have stopped at one of the many grills where Chiefs fans were offering steaks to opponents fans). Friendly mid-Westerner fans, and great stadium atmosphere (similar to Baltimore's).

However, I Totally disagree with your stadium assessment. KC has among the best new club sections in the NFL .... Huge, with outstanding audio-visual facilities. Great access by two major interstates junction.

Only shortcomings that I saw were the obsolete tiny video boards and the failure to add the dome which had been planned from Day One, but never funded.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    I mean, there's a big difference between the names. I know some people think NA mascots in general are bad, but then you can extend that to exploiting any cultural reference like Vikings, etc. I think the real difference is that Washington's was an actual racial slur. The KC Chiefs compared to the Washington R******s would be like The Harlem Globetrotters to The NY N*****S.
    I agree with you but wouldn’t be surprised if the crybaby people who started the skins name change come hunting after KC. Crybaby puzzys