Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Police shooting body cam footage from Tulsa OK

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    According to US News and World Report, between 2013 and 2019

336 Unarmed Black Men were killed by the Police.

In that same time frame... 653 Unarmed Non-Black Men were killed by the police

Twice as many White/Hispanic as Black

But since we're protesting Police Violence against Black Men, let's focus on the Black Victims.

There were 336 Unarmed Black Men Killed by the Police in the Seven Year Period Between 2013 and 2019

That's 48 a year on average.

Last year, there were 48 Police Officers killed in the line of duty, by homicide.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...eople-of-color

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/pr...e-line-of-duty
    This.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

No Fewer unarmed black men are killed by the police each year, than police are killed by felony violence in the line of duty.

So I'm not sure how you can call police killing of unarmed black men an epidemic, while calling police being killed by assailants in the line of duty "very rare".
    I didn't call police killing of unarmed black men an epidemic.

Police being killed by assailants is rare. There are hundreds of millions of police interactions with people every year. Fewer than fifty officers were killed by assailants in 2019. Six were during traffic stops like this one. In 2015, the most recent figures at BJS, 62.9 million people had contact with police during traffic stops. In 2015, six officers were killed during traffic stops or pursuits, which means it was fewer than six in traffic stops like this one. That's a rate so small my calculator gives me an error. So "rare" is an accurate term.

Our data on how many people police kill is incomplete. I don't know where you get your claim fewer unarmed black men are killed by police than police are killed by assailants. If it's Charlie Kirk, he was pushing propaganda and got the numbers wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Out of curiosity, when was the last time a cop snuck up on two Black folks sitting in a car and opened fire on them for no reason?
    I don't know. Neither do you. I doubt if a cop did that the report would get written up that way.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Police being killed by assailants is rare. .
    Yes.

Precisely as rare as the kind of event that BLM is currently burning, beating, rioting, and looting America for.

Go figure.

Blog Entries

According to US News and World Report, between 2013 and 2019

336 Unarmed Black Men were killed by the Police.

In that same time frame... 653 Unarmed Non-Black Men were killed by the police

Twice as many White/Hispanic as Black

But since we're protesting Police Violence against Black Men, let's focus on the Black Victims.

There were 336 Unarmed Black Men Killed by the Police in the Seven Year Period Between 2013 and 2019

That's 48 a year on average.

Last year, there were 48 Police Officers killed in the line of duty, by homicide.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...eople-of-color

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/pr...e-line-of-duty
    You just debunked yourself? Interesting strategy, Cotton.

I don't know. Neither do you. I doubt if a cop did that the report would get written up that way.
    LOL

If there were a single shred... a spec... the tiniest bit of evidence that a cop had hunted and killed an individual because they happened to be black... You, BLM, the leftist media, and every political whore in DC would be crowing it from the rooftops.

But they don't.... because they can't... because there is no evidence whatsoever of systemic racism in the police force, and no evidence whatsoever that black men are being systematically targeted for violence and mistreatment by the police because of the color of their skin.

None. Zero. Zilch.

But the narrative must be advanced... because politics...

You just debunked yourself? Interesting strategy, Cotton.
    By all means, please... explain.

I honestly don't think it knows what debunked means.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I honestly don't think it knows what debunked means.
    When confronted with actual data and an unassailable position, The technique seems to be ambiguous chest pounding in hopes of confusion, and then running away.

When confronted with actual data and an unassailable position, The technique seems to be ambiguous chest pounding in hopes of confusion, and then running away.
    That's why I don't bother. You do a great job of being respectful and polite when engaging with them and they still run away.
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

You claimed more cops were killed than unarmed black men were killed by cops.

Then you posted numbers that show it isn't true.

Your fellow police state apologist who thinks I don’t known what debunked means is obviously in your peer group intellectually.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You claimed more cops were killed than unarmed black men were killed by cops.

Then you posted numbers that show it isn't true.
    I claimed "no more" cops are killed than unarmed black men...

As in "no more, no less".

And I think you know this.

You called police deaths as a result of criminal felony to be "very rare".

I demonstrated to you that they are precisely as rare as unarmed black deaths at the hands of police.

And that BLM declares unarmed Black Deaths at the hands of police to be so common, that they require the country to be vandalized, brutalized, looted and set ablaze.

And that you declare Police Deaths at the hands of criminal felons to be "very rare".

When in fact, they are precisely the same number.

Are you being intentionally evasive? Or are you simply unable to grasp that 48 and 48 are the same number?