Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Odell Beckham is available according reports

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    OBJ is not worth the price. He is not a team first player at all. You must consider as long as he gets his numbers, targets, TD, yards and receptions he is happy regardless if the team wins or not. And last if you brought a wr like him in his catches would be taken directly away from Hollywood. Why would you want to stunt Hollywood growth just to give the ball to a selfless player who is all about himself. So not only NO, but Hell NO, not under any circumstances would I take OBJ. He is worth a couple losses alone on any team he is on. Think if the Browns had taken his ten targets and given them to Landry how much better off they would have been Sunday.
    When has he shown this level of selfishness? Not saying you're wrong but his diva behavior to me screams more of a "look at me!" as opposed to a guy that doesn't care about winning and there's a distinct difference. The fact that he joined up with Landry and the Browns when they were making moves shows that he does want to be on a good team. Put him on a winning team and if he complains then I'll agree with you but as of right now he is most likely frustrated with the browns and rightfully so. They're just as dysfunctional as ever and if they lose to Cincinnati this Thursday it's gonna be a total locker room meltdown

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    They made an attempt to land Clowney, so they were obviously not finished assembling the team in their eyes, so the fan’s speculation about bringing in another player is warranted. That’s not to say every player that is rumored to be available needs to attached to the Ravens. Pass rush to me is an area of need, and if they were trying to get Clowney they must think so also.
    Every team is constantly looking at possible ways to improve all year long. They bring in guys for a look, call other teams up and talk about possible trades and constantly look who is on the street. Kind of like kicking tires. I bet right now they even have a short list of punters and kickers on the street, not that they are looking to replace ours. It is just due diligence. That is what Clowney was. If they could have picked him up for a second or third round pick as a rental they would have. In fact I think if they had just made the trade the NFL would have had not choice but to accept it because similar ones like it have been done in the past. Not many, but a few recently.

OBJ is selfish. There was a quote this week about him saying in the second game last year that he wanted to score a TD and the RB he was talking to said hell he did not care about a TD he wanted to win the game. Completely different mindset. OBJ is happy if he gets his numbers. The only number that counts is wins. Everything he does is self promotion. This is just about the exact opposite of the Ravens way.

Ok then give us AB and if harbs hears any little goofy peep out of him kick him to the curb. I’m down with that

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    When has he shown this level of selfishness? Not saying you're wrong but his diva behavior to me screams more of a "look at me!" as opposed to a guy that doesn't care about winning and there's a distinct difference. The fact that he joined up with Landry and the Browns when they were making moves shows that he does want to be on a good team. Put him on a winning team and if he complains then I'll agree with you but as of right now he is most likely frustrated with the browns and rightfully so. They're just as dysfunctional as ever and if they lose to Cincinnati this Thursday it's gonna be a total locker room meltdown
    I don't recall him deciding to join up with Landry...I thought he got a record setting deal from New York and then they traded him less than a year later because they were sick of his bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I don't recall him deciding to join up with Landry...I thought he got a record setting deal from New York and then they traded him less than a year later because they were sick of his bullshit.
    I believe they both organized playing together. They're total bffs

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I believe they both organized playing together. They're total bffs
    That would be a hell of a far fetched take. Landry signs a contract with the worse team in football. Beckham signs mega deal with Giants acts all diva just to know he will be traded to the Browns???? Yea sureeeee buddy.

They sure showed them.....

Hell no to Beckham, someone else can take a dump on that chest...

8. Re: Odell Beckham is available according reports

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    I don’t understand why people want to bring in headcases all the time.

First Antonio Brown, then Dez Bryant, now OBJ... do you guys realize what would happen with any of these guys getting 3-5 targets a game? Because realistically, that’s all there is in our offense.

They would be throwing hissy fits in their corner of choice two weeks into it and ruin any and all team chemistry. It’s simply not worth it.

If this team is going to make a swing for the fence type trade, make it at OLB because we are truly not good at that position.
    ^^This^^

As someone opposed to bringing in AB, HARD PASS

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    OBJ is not worth the price. He is not a team first player at all. You must consider as long as he gets his numbers, targets, TD, yards and receptions he is happy regardless if the team wins or not. And last if you brought a wr like him in his catches would be taken directly away from Hollywood. Why would you want to stunt Hollywood growth just to give the ball to a selfless player who is all about himself. So not only NO, but Hell NO, not under any circumstances would I take OBJ. He is worth a couple losses alone on any team he is on. Think if the Browns had taken his ten targets and given them to Landry how much better off they would have been Sunday.
    His trade value has cratered in some ways I'd much rather trade for someone like OBJ and attempt to get value from him then give up firsts for another guy.

Remember when we traded for Peters he was in a similar situation.

Blog Entries

it's more fun watching OBJ and that team suffer like a couple who hate each other but can't afford to move out

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    That would be a hell of a far fetched take. Landry signs a contract with the worse team in football. Beckham signs mega deal with Giants acts all diva just to know he will be traded to the Browns???? Yea sureeeee buddy.

They sure showed them.....

Hell no to Beckham, someone else can take a dump on that chest...
    That's not at all what I was saying. Besides, Beckham wasn't trying to get out of NY. Gentleman simply wanted to take a different approach which did not include him.