I'm still confused about Chris Board

Can you think of any UDFA we've kept this long that consistently played poorly when given reps? Is he really that valuable to special teams? I just don't see what this coaching staff sees in him that he's worth keeping on the roster. Did Alaka even get a snap?

Re: I'm still confused about Chris Board

They're not all UDFA but Chris Moore, Anthony Levine, Albert McClellan, Jordan Richards - all guys kept around in recent years just because of special teams.

Levine to his credit developed into a good dime back.

I can't believe we cut Canady last year over this bum too.

I don't get it either. An actual board would be more useful.

Blog Entries

I don't really get it either. If he's here for ST, okay, have him play ST, but keep him off the field on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post

They're not all UDFA but Chris Moore, Anthony Levine, Albert McClellan, Jordan Richards - all guys kept around in recent years just because of special teams.

Moore, Levine, and McClellan have all done/did some good things here and there offensively/defensively. I would not lump any of those guys in with Board when it comes to their play at their respective positions.

Board on the field, thus far in his career, you might as well have the team playing 10 on 11.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post

I'd say all of those names except maybe Richards have proven to be more valuable than Board on ST. Moore and Richards being gunners holds more value to me personally than Board blocking on punts. And Moore actually stands out at least and is good at pinning opponents.

McClellan was a special teams ACE who went on to NE cause he was so talented at it. Levine is an unsung vet of our team, our ST captain, and has played all over our defense (remember Baker's last stand in 2018 that got us into the playoffs? Levine had an effect on all of those downs). Even in Sundays game he sniffed out the fake punt that resulted in a turnover

I think Board is the classic example of a Practice Player. I can relate cause I was absolutely one of these guys in my early rugby days. Someone who looks like a stud in practice, is everywhere they're supposed to be, and then can't put it together on gameday against unfamiliar competition. It's like the yips. Both offseasons now we've seen him hyped as a force and given early playing time. Just to disappoint. That's the only explanation I could understand for why he's been kept around so long.

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    I think Board is the classic example of a Practice Player. I can relate cause I was absolutely one of these guys in my early rugby days. Someone who looks like a stud in practice, is everywhere they're supposed to be, and then can't put it together on gameday against unfamiliar competition. It's like the yips. Both offseasons now we've seen him hyped as a force and given early playing time. Just to disappoint. That's the only explanation I could understand for why he's been kept around so long.
    Reed - where’d you play rugby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They kept Tyus Bowser arround too, even though he disappointed.Now he's showing his talents. May be the same w/Board.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    I can't believe we cut Canady last year over this bum too.
    Me either. Canady could play. Board sucks. I have no idea why he is still on this team.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

11. Re: I'm still confused about Chris Board

Quote Originally Posted by BillickFan View Post
    Reed - where’d you play rugby?

Eckerd College, St. Pete FL