Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

On a scale of 1-10, how worried are you worried about...

...the Steeles front 7? I'm putting it at 9.0, against this offensive line, without a guy like Yanda, still trying to gel. Their defensive line looked ferocious, granted it was against the Giants OL, but still, they held a top 5 RB in the league to single digit rushing yardage. I'm not worried about their offense at all - our secondary will blanket their receivers, they have journeyman TE's, our DL/LBs will be better agains the run, or their secondary...their DL looked scary good though.

Re: On a scale of 1-10, how worried are you worried about...

Donít play them for a while and will wait until they do that against a good O line.

Obviously ours isnít anywhere near the best but I would expect it to be better than the Giants.

You failed to mention the Steelers D played against one of the NFL's poorest Offensive Lines. The Steelers are a good organization, and I expect them to have a good year. They will go as far as Ben's health allows. His mobility is a fraction of what it was..

Maybe we can finally learn to play against pressure.

I mean i saw a WR screen for gods sake. Whens the last time we had one of those

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post
    You failed to mention the Steelers D played against one of the NFL's poorest Offensive Lines. The Steelers are a good organization, and I expect them to have a good year. They will go as far as Ben's health allows. His mobility is a fraction of what it was..
    Giants def donít have one of the poorest o lines. Or at least they wonít be this year. Zeitler, Thomas and Willy Hernandez is a damn good nucleus for them to build on.

They just were unprepared and overmatched.

It's basically the same front 7 that lost to the RG3 Ravens with their season on the line....

That front 7 absolutely throttled teams last year too just like they did to the Giants last night, this isn't anything new. They didn't make any major addition. They played a terrible OL and a terrible team & they dominated them just like they did last year.

They still have a shaky secondary that can be exploited. The only major difference now is that they have a real QB again.

I miss Yanda. Iím not too worried yet, Iím glad we have a while before we see them. Ask me in early November.

We're on to Houston.........
    I bleed purple, Big Truss!!

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    ...the Steeles front 7? I'm putting it at 9.0, against this offensive line, without a guy like Yanda, still trying to gel. Their defensive line looked ferocious, granted it was against the Giants OL, but still, they held a top 5 RB in the league to single digit rushing yardage. I'm not worried about their offense at all - our secondary will blanket their receivers, they have journeyman TE's, our DL/LBs will be better agains the run, or their secondary...their DL looked scary good though.
    Barkley could have been a combination of Jim Brown and Barry Sanders, and it wouldn't have mattered, because the O-line gave him nothing to work with. The QB also doesn't scare anybody, so they could load up against the run.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

It will be a challenge, but not anything this team hasn't faced before.
    90% of the game is half mental

A lot can change between now and 10/25, but as of now they look formidable.

I consider anything better than an even split in the division to be a big win...no matter how bad the other teams seem like they might be.