Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 2 Concerns

Re: Week 2 Concerns

The O line is the weakness of this team IMO. They're not awful but if I had to put a weakness on the team it's the O Line, especially with Stanley tweaked. I think teams with very good pass rushers and D Linemen (see Houston and gulp Pittsburgh) are going to be problems. Hopefully the line just needs some time and reps to get going.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Houston traded away their best wr and did not replace him. They got a often injured rob who is already dinged up. I think this years Houston team is less talented than last years team and they got steamrollered. RG3 should get more work in the fourth quarter this week.

Stanley and Smith are our only two questionable injuries. Stanley should be back. With Smith any back injury can persist but right now we are so healthy in dbs they can afford to protect him. Don’t forget he missed five games last year with his knee injury. So one or two weeks inactive to get him fully healthy. Linemen get ankles rolled up all the time. He has had a clean training camp so I think this won’t linger.

Time to get the running game in order.

The Ravens scheme well against D-lines with one superior player. Aaron Donald had 0 solo tackles, 0 sacks, and 1 assisted tackle. Myles Garrett just had one solo tackle (for a loss) and a QB hit. That's it. In the game he played against Baltimore, he had one solo tackle only.

Granted two of the 2 games mentioned above included Marshal Yanda on the field, either way I'm not worried about an older, injury prone, JJ Watt

1. Stanley's ankle
    2. O-line run blocking (thinking we are really going to miss Yanda)

Blog Entries

Watt isn't better than Myles Garrett and he had little impact on the game Sunday. As has been mentioned Houston didn't play him inside at all really against the Chiefs, Brown against Watt is a matchup that is heavily in our favor at this point IMO.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

- JJ Watt abusing our OL

- The OL not being able to get the running game established

- No pass rush, Watson having all day to throw

We should still win handily but there could certainly be frustrating portions of this game

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    As long as he's limited Wednesday and not a DNP, we're good to go.
    Exactly. We'll just have to wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    This is the week for our front 4 to get better bringing pressure against a turnstile of a line.
    On offense continue to maintain that balance running the ball and throwing it. 65% of Lamar's completion went to WRs last week. So when throwing it spread it around.
    The Texans' line isn't really a turnstile anymore, it's probably now in the 15-20 range in the league.

Tunsil was probably worth the trade price and extension.

I think we're still in need of a decent pass rush. Mayfield had a lot of time to throw on too many plays. Thank goodness for our great secondary as their coverage kept him from passing a lot of the time. We need more than just coverage sacks.

If he can't get pressure with houston's terrible O-line and Watson's fatal flaw of holding the football forever and trying to do too much behind the LOS, then its time to make some moves.

The Texans are learning how to adapt without Hopkins, (149) Targets last year. Also, RB Hyde had over 1000 yards. Duke Johnson the great 3rd down RB (Historically plays well vs Ravens) had 44 receptions and rushed for over 400 yards. He is questionable with an ankle this week vs. Ravens.... The Texans have improved the O'Line and some of their legacy defenders are back. But, not the same dominance of 5 years ago. Watt is a smart player. But, injuries have somewhat reduced his ability to take over a game. I believe, myself including that the Ravens continuity OC/DC/Head Coach, and very little off-season drama will bode well for us early in the year as we weave in the younger players with strong veterans to show them how it's done. My points are when you make that many changes to skill positions you tend to have inconsistent play.. Hence Pedigree wins here....

I am not a Bill O'Brien fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    The O line is the weakness of this team IMO.
    I still think it's pass rush.

(So long as Ronnie Stanley is able to go.)