Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Eric Reid calls NFL's anti-racism campaign 'disingenuous,' 'diabolical'

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    He absolutely does want to play... under his terms. And he wants to stick it to the NFL for sticking it to him.
    Not being able to play under ‘his terms’ does not equal being blackballed

he's far more interested in bringing awareness to an issue that he feels strongly about. You know having values and standing by them no matter what. In some peoples eyes he's a hero because most people would have buckled under the pressure of losing his livelihood and put his values aside. He didnt and lost the opportunity to continue his career.
    Has nothing to do with his girlfriend tweeting out that SB was relatable to a slave owner, no?
    Didn’t Denver offer him a contract?
    Didn’t he start taking a kneel when he was no longer starting?
    Wasn’t there so much social injustice when he was the starting QB and having some success?

And you still don’t tell me how the hell you can back bad guys being dealt with by police. Every time a black man gets shot your BLM gang wants to scream victim and don’t include the whole story.

50 shot in Baltimore and 15 killed yet not a god damn word is said about it by these amazing people who are athletes. Kids were killed for Christ sake and they won’t dare put one of them on their helmets. Why is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Not being able to play under ‘his terms’ does not equal being blackballed
    Oh no he wanted to play and was blackballed. After figuring out they made a mistake they were willing to let him back in and then he wanted to play under his terms.

Blog Entries

he's far more interested in bringing awareness to an issue that he feels strongly about. You know having values and standing by them no matter what. In some peoples eyes he's a hero because most people would have buckled under the pressure of losing his livelihood and put his values aside. He didnt and lost the opportunity to continue his career.
    If you think Kapernick has values you're more delusional than I thought.

Oh no he wanted to play and was blackballed. After figuring out they made a mistake they were willing to let him back in and then he wanted to play under his terms.
    This is not what happened. Kap opted out of his contract after he started his protest.

This is not what happened. Kap opted out of his contract after he started his protest.

That it. Enough is enough. You need to be banned for bringing facts into an emotional conversation

And we of all teams were going to offer him a contract until his brilliant gf insinuated our owner to be a racist slave owner...

That's not going to fly

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Has nothing to do with his girlfriend tweeting out that SB was relatable to a slave owner, no?
    Didn’t Denver offer him a contract?
    Didn’t he start taking a kneel when he was no longer starting?
    Wasn’t there so much social injustice when he was the starting QB and having some success?

And you still don’t tell me how the hell you can back bad guys being dealt with by police. Every time a black man gets shot your BLM gang wants to scream victim and don’t include the whole story.

50 shot in Baltimore and 15 killed yet not a god damn word is said about it by these amazing people who are athletes. Kids were killed for Christ sake and they won’t dare put one of them on their helmets. Why is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I tried to tell you that there is a system in place in this country that says if you break a law you get arrested, have your day in court, and if found quilty you pay your debt to society. The system doesn't say if someone committed a crime you kill them. It isnt that cops or the general public are judge jurors and executioners. You are absolutely correct crime has to stop. All these senseless murders has to stop. There is no denying that. However to say that these athletes aren't doing anything about it is a lie. LeBron James (i am not a fan of the player however the man i am a fan of) has opened a school in his hometown of Akron Ohio for students from K-12 upon graduating from the school they have their full tuition paid for at Akron University. Calais campbell has donated 100 Chromebooks to Baltimore City. Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony have donated Rec Centers in the cities from which they come. Ed Reed adopted an entire school in Baltimore City which he still has a relationship with even though he no longer plays for the Ravens. Athletes are spending there own money to help the inner city kids. So when you guys say what are they doing about that. I would say alot.

Blog Entries

I tried to tell you that there is a system in place in this country that says if you break a law you get arrested, have your day in court, and if found quilty you pay your debt to society. The system doesn't say if someone committed a crime you kill them. It isnt that cops or the general public are judge jurors and executioners. You are absolutely correct crime has to stop. All these senseless murders has to stop. There is no denying that. However to say that these athletes aren't doing anything about it is a lie. LeBron James (i am not a fan of the player however the man i am a fan of) has opened a school in his hometown of Akron Ohio for students from K-12 upon graduating from the school they have their full tuition paid for at Akron University. Calais campbell has donated 100 Chromebooks to Baltimore City. Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony have donated Rec Centers in the cities from which they come. Ed Reed adopted an entire school in Baltimore City which he still has a relationship with even though he no longer plays for the Ravens. Athletes are spending there own money to help the inner city kids. So when you guys say what are they doing about that. I would say alot.
    They do charitable acts, good for them.

However, what folks like James is doing is telling people that Cops are out there hunting black people. Others may not be saying this directly, but support this idea.

I wonder if any of these cops getting shot is by people who feel they're shooting the cops before they get shot from them.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    If you think Kapernick has values you're more delusional than I thought.
    you're saying he doesnt have values? The man gave up something that he worked his entire life for because he was passionate about justice for Blacks. To say he doesnt have values because his values doesnt align with yours is wrong.

Kap opted out of his contract because he thought he was worth more than what he was being paid. After he started his protest no other team would touch him. The league office said as much.

Blog Entries

you're saying he doesnt have values? The man gave up something that he worked his entire life for because he was passionate about justice for Blacks. To say he doesnt have values because his values doesnt align with yours is wrong.
    He's the new Al Shartpon.

“There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.”

― Booker T. Washington