Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: It's Time for Tony Jefferson

Bringing Jefferson in at depth at this point isn't a bad idea, and with Clark out there he's not likely to be out of position pre-snap.

The Ravens can't afford for Clark to get hurt.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Question Re: It's Time for Tony Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    if only they had a rookie strong safety on the practice squad, getting reps and learning the pro game. maybe someone with big upside who just needs a little more development after going undrafted. someone PFF thinks highly of (PFF: Nigel Warrior is highest graded NFL rookie safety), who might just be the next great undrafted Raven defender in a long tradition of great undrafted defenders......

nah, they should go with the guy who was too old and slow to play for them last year.
    PTO, after reading the article, it's surprising no team drafted him (Nigel Warrior). At least with a late round pick... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    No thanks.

He's available for a reason

Yeah cause he tore his acl last year in the covid-19 era. Other than that if the guy was healthy he probably would have been on a team by now. Honestly I think Jefferson was a solid player for The Ravens but last year was probably his worse season as a Raven. He never reach his level of play that he had with Cardinals but that's kind of Wink fault because he wasn't being used to his strength consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    Yeah cause he tore his acl last year in the covid-19 era. Other than that if the guy was healthy he probably would have been on a team by now. Honestly I think Jefferson was a solid player for The Ravens but last year was probably his worse season as a Raven. He never reach his level of play that he had with Cardinals but that's kind of Wink fault because he wasn't being used to his strength consistently.
    They brought in Weddle and ET to play alongside him to let TJ supposedly play to his strengths and he still looked lost most of the time. Don’t know how much of that is Wink’s fault. Chuck Clark who was basically a nobody came in and had no issues with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    Huh ? Wink's fault ? Yeah, he should have structured his defense around Jefferson's many limitations so he individually could have looked better instead of running a defense that helped the team go 14 - 2. Sure, that makes sense.........................not sure what the "attachment" to Jefferson is for some, but to the vast majority of us that watch the games, it was extremely obvious that getting Kenny Young and Tony Jefferson off the field last year improved our defense tremendously. By all accounts Tony Jefferson is a great guy and good in the locker room, on the field he's the epitome of mediocre and that was when he was healthy. Coming off a major knee injury, double no thanks. To an earlier poster's point, there's a reason no one in the league is interested. They saw the same thing 95 % of us saw.

I'm not sure what he offers. He'd have to play special teams. You'd be deactivating Board or Alaka for him.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    PTO, after reading the article, it's surprising no team drafted him (Nigel Warrior). At least with a late round pick... Bc
    yeah, i don't really get it. it wasn't exactly like he was hidden from view at an FCS school either, he was 1st team All-SEC, the best defensive conference. but if 32 teams passed on him i suspect there was some reason...only thing i can see is that he had a few lackluster seasons before his breakout senior year. don't see anything about off-field concerns or character issues. in any case, the Ravens will go Nigel Warrior before resigning TJ. if someone else goes down after that then I could see them calling up TJ, but not beforehand.

Blog Entries

I do like the idea of signing Tony Jefferson to the practice squad. Now that you can put vets on there TJ is exactly the kind of veteran I'd like. He could teach those younger players a lot and be ready for a roster spot if there is an injury

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    if only they had a rookie strong safety on the practice squad, getting reps and learning the pro game. maybe someone with big upside who just needs a little more development after going undrafted. someone PFF thinks highly of (PFF: Nigel Warrior is highest graded NFL rookie safety), who might just be the next great undrafted Raven defender in a long tradition of great undrafted defenders......

nah, they should go with the guy who was too old and slow to play for them last year.
    Love this! Jefferson was terrible, currently can't pass a physical, and is probably now worse than terrible. Watch last years games 2-4 to see how bad Jefferson was.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    They brought in Weddle and ET to play alongside him to let TJ supposedly play to his strengths and he still looked lost most of the time. Don’t know how much of that is Wink’s fault. Chuck Clark who was basically a nobody came in and had no issues with it.

Tony Jefferson is a in the box safety but The Ravens don't ask their safeties to stick to one role and they all have to be interchangeable. This is why there was so much talk about how Earl Thomas himself was being used differently from his playing days with the Seahawks. Chuck Clark is a more versatile safety than Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by John Morris View Post
    Huh ? Wink's fault ? Yeah, he should have structured his defense around Jefferson's many limitations so he individually could have looked better instead of running a defense that helped the team go 14 - 2. Sure, that makes sense.........................not sure what the "attachment" to Jefferson is for some, but to the vast majority of us that watch the games, it was extremely obvious that getting Kenny Young and Tony Jefferson off the field last year improved our defense tremendously. By all accounts Tony Jefferson is a great guy and good in the locker room, on the field he's the epitome of mediocre and that was when he was healthy. Coming off a major knee injury, double no thanks. To an earlier poster's point, there's a reason no one in the league is interested. They saw the same thing 95 % of us saw.

Honestly if you going to sign a guy like Jefferson to the contract that he got then why not use him to his strength more consistently ? The idea was that when The Ravens signed Earl Thomas it would give Jefferson more freedom to do what he does best but that obviously wasn't the case and The Ravens having issue with communication before Chuck Clark took over didn't help either. I get it that The Ravens like for their players on defense to be versatile or even get accustom to playing outside of their strength so their defense in general can be less predictable for opposing defenses which i'm not at all against.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I do like the idea of signing Tony Jefferson to the practice squad. Now that you can put vets on there TJ is exactly the kind of veteran I'd like. He could teach those younger players a lot and be ready for a roster spot if there is an injury
    Something I didn't think of. Dallas is doing that with Brandon Carr. Not a bad idea at all.

He mentors for the year and gets healthy at the same time while still playing.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB