Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: It's Time for Tony Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    No thank you. He’s well regarded and likable, but last season the defense got better once he couldn’t play in it.
    This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

No thank you. He’s well regarded and likable, but last season the defense got better once he couldn’t play in it.
    Accurate. Especially paired with Earl, felt like we had two LB's playing safety. The defense improved as soon as Tony exited and that's a dynamic that I'm not really interested in exploring for a 2nd time. Tony never gelled in our system no matter where they played him. Wink even moved him down into the box so he could play closer to the LOS and that didn't work...

I think let's leave this one be. If we couldn't get him going when he was 100% healthy I have no idea why you would bring him back into the fold fresh off of a major rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Elliott gets hurt. What's your plan?
    Not Tony Jefferson :)
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Jimmy Smith, Clinton-Dix, or Damarious Randall probably

Clinton Dix would cost a bit more, but is a far better safety.

Elliot and Jefferson play two different positions. Jefferson is just horrible in coverage and at times often looked lost. Let Jefferson go play somewhere else.

Sam Koch.

Hell, he’s not doing anything else. 😎
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Clinton Dix would cost a bit more, but is a far better safety.
    This is the guy I want the Ravens to sign, but they may need to use their available cap space to get a pass rusher.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

...We're very thin at the position. Geno Stone was inactive yesterday, meaning just the 2 starters and cocap were active.
    I thought Levine was active? Clark, Elliott, Smith and Levine that's not very thin to me. That's not even thin to me. And I think Geno Smith brings more to the table then Jeffers.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Isn't every back up worse than the starter? We don't really have a back up strong safety (for all that we play that role) without moving Elliott. Jefferson wouldn't be the worst idea.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Isn't every back up worse than the starter? We don't really have a back up strong safety (for all that we play that role) without moving Elliott. Jefferson wouldn't be the worst idea.
    Considering that they went out and got Bynes, Fort, Ward, and Ellis off the street and got better last season along with Clark getting promoted after Jefferson went down, I’m just not convinced that familiarity moves the needle at all if the player you’re familiar with is a liability in your defense. Point being I would rather explore outside options aside from Jefferson if Jimmy Smith wasn’t an option. And as another poster stated, Jefferson hasn’t played in close to a full calendar year, and he’d be coming off a major injury.

12. Re: It's Time for Tony Jefferson

Tony is a great team guy but terrible on the field and has to be even worse post injury. LOL I remember before last season Tony tweeted an article that ranked him and Earl the best safety duo and I responded saying that it was mostly because of Earl, and he called me a bot and blocked me
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all