Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: It's Time for Tony Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Agreed on Geno Stone. But I'm obviously a little biased. Lol

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    I agree on Geno Stone, but I am a huge Hawkeyes fan, so I am also very biased.

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    I agree on Geno Stone, but I am a huge Hawkeyes fan, so I am also very biased.
    Most of the intel our front office receives from ex Ravens O'Line coach, and great Iowa coach Kirk Ferenz and his staff is legit. We didn't fair well with Carl Davis. But most Iowa players that make it to the NFL are tough players often living in the shadows of the Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State's hype machines.. AKA as underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post
    Most of the intel our front office receives from ex Ravens O'Line coach, and great Iowa coach Kirk Ferenz and his staff is legit. We didn't fair well with Carl Davis. But most Iowa players that make it to the NFL are tough players often living in the shadows of the Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State's hype machines.. AKA as underrated.
    I agree. Many Hawkeyes doing well in NFL. Yanda was obviously a huge example for the Ravens!

Interested to see if Stone is active Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Interested to see if Stone is active Sunday.

I think he has to prove he can handle special teams duties better than Jordan Richards to get activated. Of course injuries could affect that as well because Jimmy Smith didn't practice yesterday.

Blog Entries

I agree. Many Hawkeyes doing well in NFL. Yanda was obviously a huge example for the Ravens!
    The past couple of years have been huge for Iowa. Brandon Schreff, Desmond King, George Kittle, Anthony Hitchens, Micah Hyde, Noah Fant, Christian Kirksey and these are just the top players. That's a hell of program Ferenz really knows how to develop NFL level talent

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The past couple of years have been huge for Iowa. Brandon Schreff, Desmond King, George Kittle, Anthony Hitchens, Micah Hyde, Noah Fant, Christian Kirksey and these are just the top players. That's a hell of program Ferenz really knows how to develop NFL level talent
    Yup. Iowa is much like the old-school defensive-minded Ravens. They just play good football and win, but they're not sexy, so the national media doesn't notice. I am obviously very biased, but I think Ferentz is the best coach in the country. He consistently does well without a bunch of 5 star recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Stovall View Post
    Too many posters on here think that becuase he is a good guy, that we should sign him to mentor our young players. That's ridiculous. You don't sign a player to be a mentor in the secondary. We have Clark, Humphrey and Smith to mentor the young guys in the secondary. And those 3 can also play well.

Jefferson by himself caused us to lose games last year. He was out of position, slow to recover, missed tackles, took poor routes to the ballcarrier. Go back and watch those early games he played last year before you talk him up. Chuck Clark would be very hard to replace this year. But there's no way we would look to Jefferson to do that. Let's see how Stone and Warrior develop over the next few weeks. There are safeties with way more speed, range, instincts and health out on the market. Jefferson? No thanks.
    Well said

Iowa ol always seem to be monsters

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Yup. Iowa is much like the old-school defensive-minded Ravens. They just play good football and win, but they're not sexy, so the national media doesn't notice. I am obviously very biased, but I think Ferentz is the best coach in the country. He consistently does well without a bunch of 5 star recruits.
    They also always seem to catch Ohio State off guard, which you just love to see.

At the same time, I saw them beat us 6-4 at homecoming my freshman year, so that was less cool.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I think they will look at Jefferson now

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Im struggling to see how adding Tony Jefferson addresses the loss of Tavon Young.

Javien Elliott is still out there (no idea why). He'd be a much more sensible add. Prince Amukamara is also still a free agent also I believe.