Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Ratings

Blog Entries

NFL Ratings

Ratings are not a subject I'm too educated on so if anyone has more input I'd be interested.

As of now Sunday Night Football was down almost 30%, that number will drop once the West Coast is added in.

https://sportsnaut.com/2020/09/nfl-r...e-ratings-hit/

I think these numbers may actually be worse than what's reported. A lot of bars, restaurants etc. that would normally have a large crowd watching games are closed or have limited capacity. Which means that those people should be home watching instead. When you take that into account, these numbers might actually be worse.

Re: NFL Ratings

Deadline is a left-leaning media commentary website

It ran an article on the NFL ratings being down.

The comment section of the article is interesting. (and unanimous)

https://deadline.com/2020/09/rams-nf...6202/#comments

Blog Entries

Pretty much.

Yesterday was the first time that I didn't watch the Ravens play in...sheesh...decades.

I'll probably stay like that. I can just watch the highlights on YouTube. Basically see the whole game in about 12 minutes.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Anyone surprised by this?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Pretty much.

Yesterday was the first time that I didn't watch the Ravens play in...sheesh...decades.

I'll probably stay like that. I can just watch the highlights on YouTube. Basically see the whole game in about 12 minutes.
    Yup-

Still want to be a fan.

But they're currently making that impossible

The League will blame COVID. Fans will be back. Look at baseball. Most boring sport on the planet. They went on strike , lost a ton of fans , and yet as of last year the top teams still fill stadiums. Regular people just don’t care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    The League will blame COVID. Fans will be back. Look at baseball. Most boring sport on the planet. They went on strike , lost a ton of fans , and yet as of last year the top teams still fill stadiums. Regular people just don’t care.

There's a lot of younger people like myself that totally disagree with much of what the Ravens/nfl are doing, but still love them dearly and will not stop watching/going to games. And no baseball is not boring. You're boring.
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore35 View Post
    There's a lot of younger people like myself that totally disagree with much of what the Ravens/nfl are doing, but still love them dearly and will not stop watching/going to games. And no baseball is not boring. You're boring.
    I can accept that. Baseball is a good excuse to take a nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    The League will blame COVID.
    Yes. Even though COVID would actually IMPROVE television ratings in and of itself.

Fans will be back.
    Fool me once... shame on you.... Fool me twice... Shame on me.

Fans WANT to be back. They WANT to root for their teams. But the League is flipping those fans the bird.

Not interested.

Look at baseball. Most boring sport on the planet. They went on strike , lost a ton of fans , and yet as of last year the top teams still fill stadiums. Regular people just don’t care.
    If you think that a player's strike is comparable to the current round of "Fuck da Poleece" NFL stuff... I don't think you really grasp why people are staying away.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Yup-

Still want to be a fan.

But they're currently making that impossible
    I've thought a lot about it.

I actually am perfectly fine with NFL teams, particularly the Ravens, showing support for change within policing respective to legitimate victims of wrongful deaths...Botham Jean, Philando Castille, etc. It's not like there aren't any to choose from. I'm even perfectly fine with NFL teams promoting the idea of unity when it comes to dealing with these things.

What I cannot get behind are really smart and informed people, like Bisciotti, promoting false narratives about policing tragedies that occur when someone is breaking the law. I just can't get there. I cannot get behind the NFL promoting an organization like BLM, which has clearly outlined (threatened in some capacity) an ideological roadmap that is violent and would hurt millions of American citizens of all skin colors.

What bothers me the most is the virtue signalling from people that are uneducated about the situation or are purposefully avoiding knowledge of the situation to claim ignorance.

These people are frauds.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Yes. Even though COVID would actually IMPROVE television ratings in and of itself.
    That's what I was thinking. More people should be home with nothing to do, which should be a bigger audience. Which would mean that the numbers are really worse than what's being shown.

Fool me once... shame on you.... Fool me twice... Shame on me.

Fans WANT to be back. They WANT to root for their teams. But the League is flipping those fans the bird.

Not interested.

If you think that a player's strike is comparable to the current round of "Fuck da Poleece" NFL stuff... I don't think you really grasp why people are staying away.

Exactly. Covid should dramatically improve ratings. The average stadium has 70k fans that would normally be at the game, but are not in person. Times that by 16 stadiums.

Then take every town bar that would normally be packed with fans. All this fans should be watching at home. The ratings should be sky high. But a portion of fans just gave up.

And you have to wonder how many fans were like me. Turned it on because of habit. But ended up leaving the room to do something else. Tv was on, but I wasn’t really watching. By halftime, I was on the boat.