Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Ravens Are Great: Final Piece?

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Ferguson looked awful, seemed like he barely worked out/stayed in shape in the offseason and just showed up to camp off his couch basically.
    I don't know about "awful", but I was very disappointed that Ferguson didn't show up with markedly improved conditioning.

I expected him to come in significantly leaner, and stronger...it does not appear that is the case.

Maybe our best defense might be a better offense? What player is out there that can make this offense even deadlier?

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Are either of these AARP All-Stars (Ansah, Mathews) really better than anyone we have? I stay stick with the kids or trust in EDC to find a gem in the street.
    Agree. Put me in the camp that doesn't want Matthews. I know he had eight sacks last year, but I believe that's misleading. He was on a line with Aaron Donald, Michael Brockers, and Co, and was able to take advantage in pass rush situations. I just don't think he looked very good in the Rams' games that I saw. Not much left in the tank.

Why don't we kick the tires on bringing T-sizzle back? He did have 6.5 sacks last year. Vet minimum rotational guy. Good veteran presence. Might have some intel on the Cheifs. Worth consideration IMO.

Careful. The Texans have made huge investments in their O line. They are young, but getting better.
    Tunsil and Scharping look good, Martin is solid, but the right side of Fulton and Howard was abused by Kansas City and it didn't look like the TEs did much blocking. We shall see if that improves in the next few days.

6. Re: Ravens Are Great: Final Piece?

We need a wide receiver that can match Hollywood Brown. Was impressed with the offense but going to run into problems against the Titans, Chiefs, and Steelers. They are not going to allow Lamar to run. The passes were on the money, but for the most part, no separation by the receivers from the cornerbacks. The offensive line is going to have problems but will get better with chemistry as the season goes on. In order to get to the superbowl you're going to have to match Tyreek Hill. What team out there could we trade with down the stretch to get a quality receiver?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by simplesimon View Post
    We need a wide receiver that can match Hollywood Brown. Was impressed with the offense but going to run into problems against the Titans, Chiefs, and Steelers. They are not going to allow Lamar to run. The passes were on the money, but for the most part, no separation by the receivers from the cornerbacks. The offensive line is going to have problems but will get better with chemistry as the season goes on. In order to get to the superbowl you're going to have to match Tyreek Hill. What team out there could we trade with down the stretch to get a quality receiver?
    I want to see Duvernay get more targets against the Texans. I think he has a great chance to be the Ravens best WR other than Hollywood. I really liked what I saw from him against the Browns. I wasn’t that impressed with Boykin though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleglasses View Post
    Why don't we kick the tires on bringing T-sizzle back? He did have 6.5 sacks last year. Vet minimum rotational guy. Good veteran presence. Might have some intel on the Cheifs. Worth consideration IMO.
    Have a slight suspicion that TSizz figures he has another month in the tank and might want a third ring.

At this point in his career, he might be willing to pursue a Roger Clemens strategy and wait until 2/3 of the way through the season then listen to EDC or the Chiefs. He knows both schemes, and can offer fresh, albeit old, legs at a critical point in the season.

He might even have a wink and a nod deal already in place.

BS

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I want to see Duvernay get more targets against the Texans. I think he has a great chance to be the Ravens best WR other than Hollywood. I really liked what I saw from him against the Browns. I wasn’t that impressed with Boykin though.

If either Duvernay or Boykin play to their potential, we won't need to find any more WRs. I'm hopeful Proche will make it, too.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Blog Entries

Ravens Are Great: Final Piece?

If either Duvernay or Boykin play to their potential, we won't need to find any more WRs. I'm hopeful Proche will make it, too.
    I am excited about Duvernay, and want him targeted a lot more to develop him. Proche looks slow to me, no suddenness, and I have a feeling that Boykin is one of those guys who has all the physical tools, but never really puts it together.

Last edited by Dirt1; 09-17-2020 at 05:33 PM.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare