Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Are Great: Final Piece?

Matthews had 8 sacks last year, which is more than you just luck into and as a reminder that would have been second on our team and just 1.5 behind our team leader (Judon). So not sure if people don't realize that or just have something against signing old guys or what, but I have no doubt that he would help this team as a situational rusher.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Matthews had 8 sacks last year, which is more than you just luck into and as a reminder that would have been second on our team and just 1.5 behind our team leader (Judon). So not sure if people don't realize that or just have something against signing old guys or what, but I have no doubt that he would help this team as a situational rusher.
    Not sure about the Matthews hate either. He would add juice to our pass rush. He played pretty damn well last year, as a situational pass rusher I'd take him in a minute. Ansah no. Wake ????????????? he's 53 years old and has been ineffective since he left Miami in 2018.....HUGE no. Suggs ? If anybody watched him at all last year, this wouldn't even be mentioned. Love me some Suggs, but he is way past D O N E.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Bowser had a sack yesterday.
    I think Ferguson also had a sack, but it was negated by a penalty... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I think Ferguson also had a sack, but it was negated by a penalty... Bc
    Ferguson looked awful, seemed like he barely worked out/stayed in shape in the offseason and just showed up to camp off his couch basically. The reports early in camp were that he was struggling & out of shape (also got injured).

Too early to put the bust label on him but I don't see the drive to be great in him. I think he dominated a mid major college level of competition on natural ability/size and now he's nowhere near talented enough to do that in the NFL. Time for him to realize that he has to bust his ass to succeed at this level, you can't just clock in like you did in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    I’d welcome Suggs back in a second in fact I’d love it. Return for his swan song, and leave like Ray did.
    If we're talking about situational pass rusher, limited snaps... why not? He's basically the same as Cameron Wake at this point

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    If we're talking about situational pass rusher, limited snaps... why not? He's basically the same as Cameron Wake at this point
    I'm gonna pass on both Suggs/Wake. I love Sizz but he's clearly done. Especially after winning the SB + then corona hitting and not even knowing if there would be a 2020 season. I really doubt he's even in shape or all that interested in playing football. I'm guessing he's watching a lot more movies than film these days.

Matthews is apparently in shape and ready to roll, he just wants to get his rate and wouldn't budge for Denver. That's the only guy I want on the FA market, I think he can definitely help us as a situational pass rusher. Hopefully watching week 1 on his couch is giving him the itch to join a team and play for less money.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I am all for this. 3 more sacks put him 6th all time as well. But what kind of roster moves would we have to do? Did McPhee do anything yesterday?
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

I'm not disagreeing that our pass rush was a weakness on Sunday. But I think it will improve as time goes on. There are 2 new vets and 2 rookies on the Dline. Matthews might provide a little, but I would wait to sign him as an injury replacement for one of Judon, Bowser, Ferguson, Ward or McPhee if needed. There are 5 guys there. Someone will step up.

Right now I would recommend adding Bredeson to the IR for 3 weeks with hurt feelings so we can sign a 3rd TE. Charles Clay would be my choice if he's healthy and in shape. He's a good blocker and a big over the middle target for Jackson. Delanie Walker has also been discussed. But none of the TEs on the Practice Squad deserve to be activited and play this season for the Ravens.

Blog Entries

I’d kick the tires on Matthews.

I'd go after Sanu personally.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I am all for this. 3 more sacks put him 6th all time as well. But what kind of roster moves would we have to do? Did McPhee do anything yesterday?
    He did a little, yeah. Probably Alaka no matter who they get for the RUSH position.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdfaninNebraska View Post
    I'd go after Sanu personally.
    Why? Our WRs played pretty well yesterday