Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213 LastLast

Re: How did Phillips play at RG?

I really don't understand why Skura is playing over Mekari. Dude doesn't look right out there. Really sucks we are worse off at two OL spots this year.

FWIW, PFF has Phillips as the 3rd worst grade at his position in the league.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Which I don't really get. I just finished re-watching. He definitely has bad reps, but he doesn't appear to me to be a complete liability.

Like I'm talking Gradkowski type liability.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

https://twitter.com/ColeJacksonRSR/s...07603890225153

He made this mistake last week. On a double team his post step needs to be more to the outside of the DT. So when the DT crosses his body like he did, he can quickly anchor the movement and use quick feet to mirror. He's too far inside and it gives him an open lane to cross his body
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I didn't get the pick when we drafted him and I still don't. Kindley was still available and he's been solid for Miami

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    https://twitter.com/ColeJacksonRSR/s...07603890225153

He made this mistake last week. On a double team his post step needs to be more to the outside of the DT. So when the DT crosses his body like he did, he can quickly anchor the movement and use quick feet to mirror. He's too far inside and it gives him an open lane to cross his body
    He's not a guard and isn't built like one. There's no quick feet to his game which makes no sense for our offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    He's not a guard and isn't built like one. There's no quick feet to his game which makes no sense for our offense.
    And yet he is beating out two players experienced at the guard position, Bredesen and Powers, and another with experience at center? This from a guy who is transitioning from college LT to NFL RG? Does not compute.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    And yet he is beating out two players experienced at the guard position, Bredesen and Powers, and another with experience at center? This from a guy who is transitioning from college LT to NFL RG? Does not compute.
    Bredeson and Powers should both be ashamed of themselves.

Big picture move, long season by the bye OL will have solidified and become a strength

Blog Entries

A work in progress, but I think the Ravens should stick with the group moving forward unless the play declines. They gave up 4 sacks, but there was 1 or maybe 2 where Lamar could have got rid of the ball... and they did pave the way for 230 rushing yards, so there has been improvements.

Blog Entries

PFF grading after two games is meaningless

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Bredeson and Powers should both be ashamed of themselves.
    Especially Powers... Bc