Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast
  1. How did Phillips play at RG?

Without fail, my daughter's travel soccer season always starts the same Sunday as the NFL opening season so I wasnt able to watch most of the game. Wouldnt have it any other way, IJS!

How did he play?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Re: How did Phillips play at RG?

Saw him get beat with quickness a couple of times (not surprising or concerning) but he was otherwise very impressive against a solid D-Line. The power that he has was evident.

I wasn't all that impressed by the OL and it's only going to face bigger challenges later on.

We'll see..

I thought he played well for a rookie. Wasn't perfect, but was solid.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I didn’t hear his name called much at all, which is usually a good sign for an OL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

want to watch the all 22 but he anchors well, keeps his hands inside and plays with power on run plays. He can only improve.

Following SEC, this guy is a diamond. Not sure if it's well publicized how intelligent he is but constant honor roll student. Highly skilled musician as well

https://hailstate.com/sports/footbal...-phillips/5370

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I believe the O'Line is the most cohesive part of the team. Meaning, they need reps next to their teammates that they will go to war with. Clearly this has been lacking this year. Between Skura's injury rehab, and the new RG's Bredeson, Phillips and Fluker. Watching some of the live play D'Alessandris and Roman like the foot speed and the ability to pull and run in space of Phillips over Fluker's bulk and power. I thought we showed very little once the team saw that they could control the game. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a rotation early in the season. Or even some unbalanced O'Lines .

Lamar bailed the o line out a couple times there

Blog Entries

Smile Re: How did Phillips play at RG?

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I wasn't all that impressed by the OL and it's only going to face bigger challenges later on.

We'll see..
    I thought the O-line played pretty well. One thing I really liked on Dobbins 2nd TD run was when Fluker came over from LT to lead block. Check this (Highlight: J.K.Dobbins Navigates Traffice for Second Touchdown) out :

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...e-quickly-felt

... Bc

I'm going to do an article that spotlights Phillips with film clips once A22 comes out late tonight/tomorrow morning.

I re-watched last night focusing on him. It's really hard to see everything I want to see without A22, but like any rookie, there were ups and downs.

However, for a rookie making his first start, I was really impressed. I laugh at some of these scouting profiles now that call him unathletic. HE may lack foot speed in pass pro, but his mobility in the run game is a huge plus. They ran power to the left at least 4 times and Phillips connected on all 4 of his blocks from the broadcast angle. He has really good flex when he comes through the line and he's able to stay low.

In pass pro, he got beat a few times, but he also used quick sets really well to get his hands on the defender and use his length. He's still got to work on his kick step.

The Browns iDL is super solid and I think you'll be surprised at how often Cleveland blitzed the right side.

I'll have a more thorough breakdown probably Wednesday, but if you're look at Phillips head on, I think you're going to be impressed.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post

We'll see..
    Myles Garrett, Sheldon Richardson, Olivier Vernon and Ogunjobi...that's a pretty good front 4.

Don't disagree that they have some work to do though.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    Myles Garrett, Sheldon Richardson, Olivier Vernon and Ogunjobi...that's a pretty good front 4.

Don't disagree that they have some work to do though.
    I didn't even notice Garrett and for some reason thought he was suspended lol