Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pregame

Blog Entries

Re: Pregame

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    I can't in good conscience do anything that adds a nickel to their coffers until they stop this.

Which unfortunately means watching games, buying gear, or attending games when that becomes an option.

Will check the box scores after the fact.

Best I can do.
    This will be in the rear view next year I believe. Election cycle will pass and society can only obsess over 1 thing at a time.
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    I can't in good conscience do anything that adds a nickel to their coffers until they stop this.

Which unfortunately means watching games, buying gear, or attending games when that becomes an option.

Will check the box scores after the fact.

Best I can do.
    Same. If my kids so drugs I will love them as much as I do now but I won’t buy them drugs or financially support them where they could then use their money for drugs. Kinda the same thing here

Will they protest and kneel for the good week Baltimore had? What about the shooters should they get their names in the ring of honor for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    I personally don't like ex football QBs who really weren't all that good telling me what we "must" do, at all.

My opinion of those who are in charge of things is much much lower now than it was at the beginning of the year, and it wasn't high then.
    They're catering to emotions and when you do that,folks will get pissed off because they're forced to pick a side. Given how badly the ratings have crumbled, we'll see how long it last.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore35 View Post
    This will be in the rear view next year I believe. Election cycle will pass and society can only obsess over 1 thing at a time.

That depends on who wins .

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    First off, this should not be here (not that I'm a Mod, JMO), but on the "Politics, etc." board. That said, this is a free country, we have freedom of speech, so folks have the right to stand. kneel, or eat a hot dog whenever if they wish... Bc

You do know if this thread was on the regular board the politics part would still push it here. Saved a bunch of complaints starting it here.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I get that everyone has their on views and beliefs. I just can't understand being offended by any of this, especially to the point of not watching. I don't care if they kneel, stand, play hop scotch. I personally wouldn't do any form of protesting at my job but if there are no consequences then you do you.

What does someone kneeling really affect you? Or names on the back of jerseys? I just don't get it and I'm glad I don't.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Everyone play hacky sack during the Anthem. Problem solved.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Everyone play hacky sack during the Anthem. Problem solved.

I'm offended.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Personally I do not like being preached at, which is what the NFL and other sports organizations are doing.
    Is it though? I don't recall seeing anything about it after the game started. Only really remember them talking about Mo and the game.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    You do know if this thread was on the regular board the politics part would still push it here. Saved a bunch of complaints starting it here.
    Impression I got from his post is it was started on the football board and he was saying it should be on the politics board, after which someone moved it.

Is it though? I don't recall seeing anything about it after the game started. Only really remember them talking about Mo and the game.

So there were no giant banners on the sidelines?

Messages in the endzone? Names on the back of player's helmets? That sanctimonious crap about the Browns shirts and their action to end "systemic racism"? That would be the point I turned it off and cancelled my Game Pass. We won't discuss why's and why not's here, but I got Game Pass and paid double that price to a police charity for fallen officers. I'll also be donating the hundreds of dollars we usually spend on Ravens gear to that organization.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock