Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pregame

Blog Entries

Re: Pregame

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I get that everyone has their on views and beliefs. I just can't understand being offended by any of this, especially to the point of not watching. I don't care if they kneel, stand, play hop scotch. I personally wouldn't do any form of protesting at my job but if there are no consequences then you do you.

What does someone kneeling really affect you? Or names on the back of jerseys? I just don't get it and I'm glad I don't.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Are you asking because you really want to know?

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    And we're bad people for not supporting that. It's ridiculous.
    Not just bad people....

Chumps and Punks who "want to keep the Black Man down"....

According to Ed Reed.

For just wanting to stand during the National Anthem

Didn't watch it. Don't care.
    -"You are about to enter a world of pain."

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Are you asking because you really want to know?
    Intrigued on how some people view the situation

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Intrigued on how some people view the situation

Seriously, man, this is the result of the fear-mongering the left has been spewing for years. There is no evidence that systemic racism is leading police to murder random black men in the streets. None. Nobody on this forum has provided data to support that asinine theory. Yet every single time a black person is shot by police we can expect a riot before the bodies are cold based on that fallacious belief.

An officer with two children died today or yesterday after being shot in the face earlier in the week. There have been 37 officers killed, hundreds more wounded, this year. Businesses and cities have burned to the ground resulting in billions of dollars in damages and untold loss of taxes. The country is teetering on the brink of war all because people rely on emotions rather than actual facts to guide them. Kamala Harris is the democrat candidate for Vice President of the United States. She went to visit Jacob Blake, telling her how proud she is of him. Blake raped a woman, violated a restraining order, stole money and car keys from the woman who had the restraining order, violently resisted arrest, carried a dangerous weapon, then tried to get behind the wheel of a car while intoxicated with three young children in the backseat. There is a very good chance that the officer who shot Blake saved those children's lives. But Kenosha had to burn because Blake is black and Harris is damned proud of him.

Lumping career criminals like Blake and Floyd with people like Walter Scott or Botham Jean is spreading a false narrative meant only to sow division. It's working.
    They're causing enormous strife in America.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

They're causing enormous strife in America.
    Well said. Do you think people who are getting offended with the kneeling, names on jerseys, etc is being cause they feel that the league is propping them up as saints to says mildly?

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

7. Re: Pregame

Personally I do not like being preached at, which is what the NFL and other sports organizations are doing.
    I personally don't like ex football QBs who really weren't all that good telling me what we "must" do, at all.

My opinion of those who are in charge of things is much much lower now than it was at the beginning of the year, and it wasn't high then.

Well said. Do you think people who are getting offended with the kneeling, names on jerseys, etc is being cause they feel that the league is propping them up as saints to says mildly?

Kneeling was one thing, but putting some of those names on their helmets (or wherever), the league has clearly taken the side of the criminals. You can’t wear the name of a Dallas police officer who was murdered, but you can wear Jacob Blake’s name?

Blog Entries

I’m not offended. It bothers me that they’re embracing lies and an organization that wants to divide America. Playing an anthem meant for people with a certain skin color is the opposite of unity. I can’t give my time and attention to an organization and people who not only support this but are going so far as to push it on us. We are the consumer, imagine going into a restaurant and they tell you before you order you have to hear their races national anthem, watch them take a knee for everyone else’s and then read the name tags of criminals who they want to tell are good people. I don’t think anyone would stay and eat at that place.

I think the kneeling for the anthem is more about feeling soldiers and first responders being disrespected.

Putting names on helmets or jerseys, yeah, part of why people are mad is the canonization of some pretty scummy people. It's also an over-simplification of a complex issue that generally leads to people looking stupid. If it was just Jacob Blake's name on jerseys/helmets, we could write it off as a mistake, but it's not.
    Remember when the NBA players came out with their hands up because of the false narrative of Michael Brown being shot while surrendering? Breonna Taylor with people chanting "Say her name". Cool, but we should also say that she was involved in a drug ring and her boyfriend shot a police officer before they returned fire, killing her. Saying an innocent black woman was killed by racist cops completely ignores context that we need to make an accurate decision on what happened. Eventually people get annoyed by celebrities pandering to the lowest common denominator in an attempt to score some mercurial social media recognition. It's not "shut up and dribble", it's "quit trying to summarize complex emotional issues by putting some stranger's name on your jersey and dribble".
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Hate every bit of it, but I also won't let any of that bullshit ruin something I love so much, that brings so many people together, and has done so much good for myself and the community. For anyone who refuses to watch/go to games, I understand your frustration and likely agree with a lot of what you say, but I encourage you to try and ignore that. I'm no parent, but if your child does something you think is terrible, will you stop loving them or wanting the best for them?
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore35 View Post
    Hate every bit of it, but I also won't let any of that bullshit ruin something I love so much, that brings so many people together, and has done so much good for myself and the community. For anyone who refuses to watch/go to games, I understand your frustration and likely agree with a lot of what you say, but I encourage you to try and ignore that. I'm no parent, but if your child does something you think is terrible, will you stop loving them or wanting the best for them?
    I can't in good conscience do anything that adds a nickel to their coffers until they stop this.

Which unfortunately means watching games, buying gear, or attending games when that becomes an option.

Will check the box scores after the fact.

Best I can do.