Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Political posts on Facebook

I have disconnected from all social media. It's toxic at this point.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post

Anywho, it just depends on what you use it for. There are a number of great medieval and Anglo Saxon groups on Facebook I'm a part of that do not allow any politics. A couple of days ago someone posted a picture in the medieval comedy group that seemed apolitical to me, maybe a slight turn to the left, but the mods shut down the thread for a review.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    Is it just me but Does anyone else see political arguments breaking out between your Facebook Friends on Facebook all the time? I think it’s worse than the 2016 Election and I thought that was bad. This one is full of Pure hate. I seen one fight 380 comments long. I see people deleting each other over this election too. I think we need to get back to the basics and that’s Love your Neighbor! Amen! Can I get more Amens?
    No it's not just you. This week I had two friends text me separately complaining about the other one because of a political Facebook argument they got into. I have a FB account but I don't post political crap. I just use it to communicate. I mainly only get tagged in other people's pictures.

The cable new stations in this country are pure evil. Every broadcast is intended to get viewers all riled up with lies, half truths and misinformation - and they are succeeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Smart. I don't do anything but Instagram and I post pictures of my dog, hikes... no political commentary... Why risk pissing off family and friends. I come here to argue and talk politics. Places like this serve that useful purpose. It's kind of an understanding we all have when we come here. Online? On Social Media? No way.

Blog Entries

I quit early August 2019. Don’t miss it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I have tried to have adult conversations with trump haters. But they can never come up with a reason they hate him, other than the media propaganda, that is either a blatant lie, or impossible to prove

I have many Facebook friends that actually thought the world was going to end the day after Trump won. And if you go back to that day, and see why they are were in panic mode, none of the predictions came true. Like him destroying the economy, or locking up all blacks and Mexicans. Or starting a war. Or converting this country into Russia.
    Fair enough. I feel like hate is a really strong word. I'm not a big fan of Trump because he seems to be an ass, but I certainly wouldn't go at far as hate.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post

Anywho, it just depends on what you use it for. There are a number of great medieval and Anglo Saxon groups on Facebook I'm a part of that do not allow any politics. A couple of days ago someone posted a picture in the medieval comedy group that seemed apolitical to me, maybe a slight turn to the left, but the mods shut down the thread for a review.
    This is an extremely nerdy post for a football board. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    This is an extremely nerdy post for a football board. Just saying.

"A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Fair enough. I feel like hate is a really strong word. I'm not a big fan of Trump because he seems to be an ass, but I certainly wouldn't go at far as hate.

Trump is an enormous ass. All leaders are, but I'd much rather deal with a psychopath than a zealot any day of the week. With a psychopath you just have to figure out what they want out of the deal. Zealots have to have everything their way or they'll burn it to the ground.

Years ago I wrote a paper centered around Syrena Tricksy from Anti-Pamela as allegorical for the psychopathic tendencies of British industrialists during the South Seas Bubble. What I found most shocking was that psychopaths tend to make good business leaders. They're driven to succeed to the point of ignoring most human interaction. The question becomes, who do you want running the company? Bobn who gets everybody a card on their birthday and loses the company money, or Betty, who is a self-absorbed snot and brings in tons of money for the company. One of these affects my paycheck.
    Here's a good article about it, https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/08/the-...bad-thing.html
    "To be sure, too much psychopathy will predispose someone to crime and prison rather than Apple or Amazon. But at the other extreme of the continuum, people who are so conforming and eager to please would much rather follow established rules and remain “good employees” rather than be disruptive leaders".

Trump is an asshole but he is a good President.
    - Economy is booming, jobs are way up along with wages. Even better prior to Wuhan flu.
    - We got out of the NAFTA deal and replaced it with one much better.
    - No more wars, and are getting out of the ones we're in.
    - Peace in the Middle-East.
    - Opportunity zones to establish reinvestment in impoverished communities.
    - First step act which is the first, and arguably best, criminal justice reform bill in fifty years.
    - Drug prices are going down thanks to an Executive order Trump just signed.

Compare Trump's first three years to Obama/Biden over eight.

- Allowed Iran to access 150 billion dollars in frozen assets which went to funding terrorism not to mention the 1.4 billion in cash.
    - Obamacare which managed to increase insurance costs by orders of magnitude without providing any benefit.
    - Paris Accord.
    Seriously, that's about all I can think of Obama accomplishing. I mean, there were some horrible decisions like telling schools to assume every guy is a rapist without giving them a fair trial, but only those of us in academia care about that.

People say Trump is a divisive President, but being completely honest when was the last time a bunch of Republicans burned down a college campus because they didn't like a speaker, or burned down a city because a criminal got shot? That is entirely on the left.

Can any democrat argue these points? That one guy is gonna come in complaining about Wuhan flu when Texas and Florida combined haven't had as many deaths as New York thanks to the democrat stuffing old people who had Wuhan flu into cramped buildings with other old people. But can any of you make a rational argument against these points?
    ProFootballMock

Trump is an enormous ass. All leaders are, but I'd much rather deal with a psychopath than a zealot any day of the week. With a psychopath you just have to figure out what they want out of the deal. Zealots have to have everything their way or they'll burn it to the ground.

Years ago I wrote a paper centered around Syrena Tricksy from Anti-Pamela as allegorical for the psychopathic tendencies of British industrialists during the South Seas Bubble. What I found most shocking was that psychopaths tend to make good business leaders. They're driven to succeed to the point of ignoring most human interaction. The question becomes, who do you want running the company? Bobn who gets everybody a card on their birthday and loses the company money, or Betty, who is a self-absorbed snot and brings in tons of money for the company. One of these affects my paycheck.
    Here's a good article about it, https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/08/the-...bad-thing.html
    "To be sure, too much psychopathy will predispose someone to crime and prison rather than Apple or Amazon. But at the other extreme of the continuum, people who are so conforming and eager to please would much rather follow established rules and remain “good employees” rather than be disruptive leaders".

Trump is an asshole but he is a good President.
    - Economy is booming, jobs are way up along with wages. Even better prior to Wuhan flu.
    - We got out of the NAFTA deal and replaced it with one much better.
    - No more wars, and are getting out of the ones we're in.
    - Peace in the Middle-East.
    - Opportunity zones to establish reinvestment in impoverished communities.
    - First step act which is the first, and arguably best, criminal justice reform bill in fifty years.
    - Drug prices are going down thanks to an Executive order Trump just signed.

Compare Trump's first three years to Obama/Biden over eight.

- Allowed Iran to access 150 billion dollars in frozen assets which went to funding terrorism not to mention the 1.4 billion in cash.
    - Obamacare which managed to increase insurance costs by orders of magnitude without providing any benefit.
    - Paris Accord.
    Seriously, that's about all I can think of Obama accomplishing. I mean, there were some horrible decisions like telling schools to assume every guy is a rapist without giving them a fair trial, but only those of us in academia care about that.

People say Trump is a divisive President, but being completely honest when was the last time a bunch of Republicans burned down a college campus because they didn't like a speaker, or burned down a city because a criminal got shot? That is entirely on the left.

Can any democrat argue these points? That one guy is gonna come in complaining about Wuhan flu when Texas and Florida combined haven't had as many deaths as New York thanks to the democrat stuffing old people who had Wuhan flu into cramped buildings with other old people. But can any of you make a rational argument against these points?
    Trump can cure cancer. Create vaccines for every disease. Create a utopia where everybody only eats prime meat and own 10 acres of land but...........................he's racist. He said fine people and called every single Mexican (not anybody else that crosses the border) criminals and rapists. At least thats what we're told and we must believe every bit of it becuz you know the science.

Love that song

Love that song

If you get a chance, go see him in concert.
    ProFootballMock