Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Fans at Arrowhead Stadium Boo During Pregame 'Moment of Unity'

Well this thread isn't going to devolve into a toxic divisive shit show or anything....

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Peaceful protests are just fine. People pay money to see a football game, not a protest. They are under no obligation to be forced to absorb obvious brain washing of the same insane mantra heard thousands of times every day. Forced conformity is tyranny.
    People have the option not to watch if its not what they are in to. They had a right to boo which was also fine.

Blog Entries

On the bright side, the YouTube highlights don't show any of the pre-game nonsense. Just the highlights.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    On the bright side, the YouTube highlights don't show any of the pre-game nonsense. Just the highlights.
    Lost in all of this is what a shitty game it was.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    The Texans disrespected both the anthem and a significant portion of African-American heritage by staying in the locker room. They also rendered the "statement of unity" impotent.

Well they showed their unity by walking off the field. It just proves their unity only pertains to certain things and not all things.

After the London fiasco game the next game was at home. It was announced the team would walk out into the middle of the field to kneel in prayer. When they did it, people booed. There were some upset people in my section trying to understand the booing. I didn't boo because I heard what was being done. It was a team effort to make up for the week before. The one thing I noticed was they should have included the other team who were walking around their bench like they didn't know what was happening.

I do understand some people's points about why they boo. If you spend hundreds of dollars to see a football game, you want to see a football game.

Yeah, they lost me at the beginning. I went outside and played catch with my kid. Went to the river on our property as well, it was time better spent then listening to something and having it pushed when it used to be entertaining. I don’t get the sense I will miss football in honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I didn't even see it as a protest, and it lasted all of about 10 seconds. If that's really pissing people off, then I don't know what to say. Stop watching?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    That’s the thing. People are stopping, the NBA did it and 40 percent of the people who stopped watching who were polled said it was because of the social justice narrative. Interestingly, 20% said it was because of connections to China.

I think that’s the thing that’s being lost in all of this. People say if you don’t like it don’t watch, and when that is exactly what happens people get mad about it. They expect people to still watch some thing they don’t support, which is odd. Not you in particular, but a lot of people who say don’t watch, get mad and people stop watching.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Well they showed their unity by walking off the field. It just proves their unity only pertains to certain things and not all things.
    Take from it what you may.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    That’s the thing. People are stopping, the NBA did it and 40 percent of the people who stopped watching who were polled said it was because of the social justice narrative. Interestingly, 20% said it was because of connections to China.

I think that’s the thing that’s being lost in all of this. People say if you don’t like it don’t watch, and when that is exactly what happens people get mad about it. They expect people to still watch some thing they don’t support, which is odd. Not you in particular, but a lot of people who say don’t watch, get mad and people stop watching.
    whats stranger is how people allow what others watch effect them. I could careless who watches what. If I like it I'll watch of I dont like it I wont watch. I could careless what others think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    whats stranger is how people allow what others watch effect them. I could careless who watches what. If I like it I'll watch of I dont like it I wont watch. I could careless what others think about it.
    Precisely.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    Why would people get tired of people showing unity? This country has a bigger problem then you guys would like to admit. What is so wrong about peaceful protest?
    Isn't a team consisting of black and white players practicing together for weeks and weeks to win a football game show enough unity without the political crap we already hear 24/7? Sports should be a way to escape all that for a couple hours. Not anymore.