Page 5 of 201 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: FOOTBALL News/Rumors (Other teams)

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Perhaps if you base your opinion off of mainstream media race baiting and viral social media posts that are carefully curated around a specific agenda. I'm a big believer in the scientific method, the best opinions/hypotheses are substantiated by empirical data. This all-too-trendy take on social injustice unravels very quickly when any actual data is used to contextualize incidents/trends.

Again, my PM's are open if you care to discuss and my mind is open to the contrary. Let's end this discussion here and not derail the thread.
    Appreciate the offer, I have better things to do than argue with people on the internet. You also continue to re-state your beliefs and then say that we shouldn’t talk politics... FYI

Perhaps try stating your scientific approach to deciding that racial injustice issues don’t exist in lieu of attacking everyone else’s beliefs on a throne of superiority because “you’re a scientist, and free from bias.”

Thanks though!

Edit - scientific method doesn’t mean you aren’t subject to bias; you can follow the scientific method and end up with a flawed conclusion that only takes supporting evidence/data in to consideration... As someone who works in a lab, trust me when I say that we make many mistakes...
    Last edited by bmoreravenous; 09-11-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravenous View Post
    Lol... “Hey let’s not make this political - insert straw man political argument targeted at creating outrage
    I didn't say lets not make this political. I said if you want to make it political, lets just get rid of the cops in predominately black areas. Lets do the social experiment. It would be fascinating to see how well the social justice experiment works. A great employment opportunity for social workers - responding to all those 911 calls.

Blog Entries

*sighs*

Chiefs won, then.

I always find it interesting that people that are "not racist" have an uncanny ability to believe their own perceived well thought out stances applies to large groups of people who must have also really thought these things out and arrived at the same stance. Never seems to occur to them that the stance they arrived at is very closely aligned with the stances of actual racists who don't give a damn about a racial injustice narrative.. In fact, actual racists rely on "non racists" believing there's a narrative or media propaganda being pushed on them and they should reject it.

Sorry I veered, I will shut up now.

The Texans look like they are going to be a one man show and that it will eventually get Deshaun injured again and likely shorten his career. I know BoB swung for the fences with Tunsil, but I think he struck out. The Texans need a cohesive OLine to protect Watson and also to really get a run game going to take some pressure off. I think He's going to be doomed to spectacular plays and mediocre records for the forseeable future.

MODS, can we just get a thread for Anthem/player protests, etc.? If people want to have that discussion; fine, but let's have those who want to have that discussion SEPARATE from the football discussion. That way, if people just want to chat football, they won't be bombarded with politics.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravenous View Post
    Appreciate the offer, I have better things to do than argue with people on the internet. You also continue to re-state your beliefs and then say that we shouldn’t talk politics... FYI

Perhaps try stating your scientific approach to deciding that racial injustice issues don’t exist in lieu of attacking everyone else’s beliefs on a throne of superiority because “you’re a scientist, and free from bias.”

Thanks though!
    I'm not trying to argue. I have no problem unpacking a controversial issue with someone in a civil manner. If you don't want to have that discussion, no problem, that's your prerogative not to. I'm here to talk Ravens, it's all good brotha

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    I'm not trying to argue. I have no problem unpacking a controversial issue with someone in a civil manner. If you don't want to have that discussion, no problem, that's your prerogative not to. I'm here to talk Ravens, it's all good brotha
    Seems we agree on that! Go Birds!

How 'bout them O's hon ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    I didn't say lets not make this political. I said if you want to make it political, lets just get rid of the cops in predominately black areas. Lets do the social experiment. It would be fascinating to see how well the social justice experiment works. A great employment opportunity for social workers - responding to all those 911 calls.
    Two things -
    You seem to be stating that "predominantly black areas" have a lot of crime. Is that based on facts or perception? Urban areas? Rural areas?
    Also, are "police killings of unarmed black men(and women) only happening in these "predominantly black areas"?

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    MODS, can we just get a thread for Anthem/player protests, etc.? If people want to have that discussion; fine, but let's have those who want to have that discussion SEPARATE from the football discussion. That way, if people just want to chat football, they won't be bombarded with politics.
    MODS and Vermont, I apologize. I usually ignore and keep rolling but I get sucked in once in a while. Feel free to remove my comments if necessary to clean up the thread.

Blog Entries

Just trying to be helpful, there is literally a politics forum 2 clicks away from this board down below and there is already a thread there about the demonstrations last night. Plus more about the other social stuff the NFL is doing. If you want to discuss it people will definitely engage in that discussion with you there lol.

Here's a link in case you can't find it.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Speaking of political sh** - how much sh** talking will Marcus Peters be doing to OBJ on Sunday, how much of it will be poop related, and how much of it will OBJ enjoy?