Page 4 of 201 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: FOOTBALL News/Rumors (Other teams)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    booing the moment of unity was a great representation of where we are as a country.

and the Chiefs offense is going to be really good
    Many of them were rejecting (what they perceive as) the false narrative behind it, not the concept of a moment of unity. The players (much like a massive portion of the youth) have been indoctrinated into the racial injustice narrative and the reality is the media propaganda around those incidents has correlated immensely to it entering the country's collective consciousness and people realize it

But nuance doesn't play well for national media outlets, "Racist Hicks Boo Moment Of Unity" will get a lot more clicks than "Fans Reject Racial Injustice Narrative"

Blog Entries

or perhaps they're selfish losers like the ones that keep posting politics in this thread

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

or perhaps they're selfish losers like the ones that keep posting politics in this thread
    yeah I thought people would boycott the NFL but they keep coming back to complain

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I started with yesterday's game.

I turn the TV on when play starts, I mute the sound when they cut away for commercials and I switch channels at half time. The only thing I want to watch is the play. I have all the power I need in hand (the remote)

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Many of them were rejecting (what they perceive as) the false narrative behind it, not the concept of a moment of unity. The players (much like a massive portion of the youth) have been indoctrinated into the racial injustice narrative and the reality is the media propaganda around those incidents has ...
    The reality is that police have been allowed to murder unarmed black people with impunity for many, many years; and lots of football fans don't like it when players like Colin Kaepernick four years ago, or the Chiefs & Texans last night, have the temerity to peacefully call attention to it.

"Racist Hicks Boo Moment Of Unity" will get a lot more clicks than "Fans Reject Racial Injustice Narrative"
    Those headlines are equal. Racist hicks are the ones who reject the idea that there's any racial injustice.

You brought it up, I offered the rationale behind it. I thought it was distasteful to boo and would've been embarrassed had it happened in our stadium.

However, the sports leagues want to paint this as a right/wrong issue and then define the positions themselves, the classic strawman fallacy. Opposing voices aren't being heard, many fans are being ostracized for not playing along with a narrative that they reject. That's a simple explanation, not a justification.

Lets leave it at that and get back to football.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    The reality is that police have been allowed to murder unarmed black people with impunity for many, many years; and lots of football fans don't like it when players like Colin Kaepernick four years ago, or the Chiefs & Texans last night, have the temerity to peacefully call attention to it.

Those headlines are equal. Racist hicks are the ones who reject the idea that there's any racial injustice.
    If you want to discuss this via PM's I would be happy to, lets not bog down the thread with a political discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

/thread

Many of them were rejecting (what they perceive as) the false narrative behind it, not the concept of a moment of unity. The players (much like a massive portion of the youth) have been indoctrinated into the racial injustice narrative and the reality is the media propaganda around those incidents has correlated immensely to it entering the country's collective consciousness and people realize it

But nuance doesn't play well for national media outlets, "Racist Hicks Boo Moment Of Unity" will get a lot more clicks than "Fans Reject Racial Injustice Narrative"
    I want to ensure I’m following - you’re saying that the “Racial Injustice” issues don’t exist in reality and are the creation of state run media (ergo Propaganda)....

If you want to turn this into a discussion of politics, my suggestion is that cities and states STOP all police activity within predominately black areas. No more police - no more "police killing of unarmed black men." Lets see how that works. I'm sure Baltimore will turn into a social justice paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravenous View Post
    /thread
    Perhaps if you base your opinion off of mainstream media race baiting and viral social media posts that are carefully curated around a specific agenda. I'm a big believer in the scientific method, the best opinions/hypotheses are substantiated by empirical data. This all-too-trendy take on social injustice unravels very quickly when any actual data is used to contextualize incidents/trends.

Again, my PM's are open if you care to discuss and my mind is open to the contrary. Let's end this discussion here and not derail the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    If you want to turn this into a discussion of politics, my suggestion is that cities and states STOP all police activity within predominately black areas. No more police - no more "police killing of unarmed black men." Lets see how that works. I'm sure Baltimore will turn into a social justice paradise.
    Lol... “Hey let’s not make this political - insert straw man political argument targeted at creating outrage