Page 201 of 201 FirstFirst ... 199200201
Results 2,401 to 2,412 of 2412
    Blog Entries

Re: FOOTBALL News/Rumors (Other teams)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    While I agree that Donald is on another level than TJ Watt and every other defender in the league, saying TJ Watt is just another Steeler OLB, is laughable at best. Dude has been rated and achieved more in the first couple years of his career than we have ever had at OLB.

And yes, that is Suggs included. Dude is on pace for a HOF career and that’s crazy to think about.
    The number that I notice most of all with TJ Watt is 17 forced fumbles in 4 years. Then I notice the 25 passes defended and then the 50 sacks. TJ Watt has been absolutely incredible the first 4 years.

What's funny is that the Steelers fans I know barely talk about him. They never shut up about Joey Porter. A friend of mine at work who is a Steelers fan keeps telling me that Watt is just a product of Bud Dupree. I asked him about Watt continuing to do the same things after Dupree got hurt. He tells me that I'm looking at stats and not watching every Steelers game, which is true, but I've seen enough of Watt to see that it's more that just having another pass rusher on the other side. Watt gets to the QB. He's always around no matter who is on the other side of him

2. Re: FOOTBALL News/Rumors (Other teams)

Yep and the Steelers, will not let him get away, special player for sure, will be dealing with him for the next 10 years or so

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The number that I notice most of all with TJ Watt is 17 forced fumbles in 4 years. Then I notice the 25 passes defended and then the 50 sacks. TJ Watt has been absolutely incredible the first 4 years.

What's funny is that the Steelers fans I know barely talk about him. They never shut up about Joey Porter. A friend of mine at work who is a Steelers fan keeps telling me that Watt is just a product of Bud Dupree. I asked him about Watt continuing to do the same things after Dupree got hurt. He tells me that I'm looking at stats and not watching every Steelers game, which is true, but I've seen enough of Watt to see that it's more that just having another pass rusher on the other side. Watt gets to the QB. He's always around no matter who is on the other side of him
    Fine let him walk in free agency and I hope the Ravens sign him to a contract. I hate that TJ Watt is a Steeler, but he is a legit beast on defense. I don't think the Steelers front office is that stupid and they will make resigning Watt a priority which means Dupree is probably gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    another thing about Donald is people compare his stats to edge rushers like Watt. He rushes from the interior and is always double teamed. It's not a comparison
    He's going to end up as the GOAT at defensive tackle; better than Joe Greene, Bob Lilly, Alan Page, Merlin Olsen, Randy White, John Randle and everyone else.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Donald is the best defensive player in the league.

really odd seeing Henry as offensive player of the year, though...

edit: noticed a lot of Pitt fans whining that Ben should have been comeback player of the year... after what Alex Smith went through?
    Lol he's made them drama queens too

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Lol he's made them drama queens too
    Ben likely got hurt in the first place because of his poor conditioning habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    While I agree that Donald is on another level than TJ Watt and every other defender in the league, saying TJ Watt is just another Steeler OLB, is laughable at best. Dude has been rated and achieved more in the first couple years of his career than we have ever had at OLB.

And yes, that is Suggs included. Dude is on pace for a HOF career and that’s crazy to think about.

You're entitled to your opinion. However, TJ Watt isn't in Suggs league in my humble opinion. I've seen TJ do the Tom Brady flop way to many times when a guard pulls out around the edge. Hell I've seen him drop like a folded up lawn chair against Zeus Jr. often on outside run plays. Dude is great at pinning his ears back and getting around the edge. Setting the edge not as much. Suggs played every aspect of the position and is most likely a hall of fame player. TJ has put up some nice numbers in his first four years, but he has a long long ways to go until he should even be mentioned with Suggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Balbirdsfan View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion. However, TJ Watt isn't in Suggs league in my humble opinion. I've seen TJ do the Tom Brady flop way to many times when a guard pulls out around the edge. Hell I've seen him drop like a folded up lawn chair against Zeus Jr. often on outside run plays. Dude is great at pinning his ears back and getting around the edge. Setting the edge not as much. Suggs played every aspect of the position and is most likely a hall of fame player. TJ has put up some nice numbers in his first four years, but he has a long long ways to go until he should even be mentioned with Suggs.
    TJ Watt is an absolute stud in rushing the passer and against the run. Theres a reason he has been one of the highest graded players the past couple years. He’s an all around stud. (Edit: Couldnt find any statistics from this year but let’s be honest they are probably similar, but in 2019, Watt was the 5th best OLB at stop rate against the run. Dude is really good in every facet of the game)

Oh and I implied that he has achieved more than Suggs did in his first 4 years. Watt has already beat Suggs in sacks for a year and has another that would be Suggs 2nd best season.

Not saying he’s already better than Suggs was, but his peak he’s setting is most def. If he keeps going and maintains for 10 years, he will blow past Suggs.
    Last edited by Ravens4Real; 02-07-2021 at 07:49 PM.

Blog Entries

Bucs rumored to be working to keep Godwin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

If Bucs win, Bruce Arians may retire and Todd Bowles would take over.

Blog Entries

Panthers allegedly offered Detroit their 1st, their 5th in 2021, and Teddy Bridgewater for Matt Stafford.