Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: DeShon Elliott vs Earl Thomas

I'm not going to fault Clark on missing a tackle against Nick Chubb.

IMO, Chubb is probably the best RB in the league right now.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Nick Chubb looks a lot like Jamal Lewis in his prime.

Blog Entries

Did you fault ET for getting stiff armed by Henry?
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

missed another vs Hunt. Chuck makes those 2 tackles the run game week1 looks very different

Earl is still unsigned! Let’s get him back but he needs to apologize to Clark and harbs. What y’all say?

No.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    two weeks of play is clearly too small of a sample size to make confident projections, but through 2 games Elliott has
    9 tackles (6 solo)
    1 tackle for loss
    1 sack
    2 QB hits
    no INTs, FF, FR, PD
    no penalties

so as far as comparing his raw stats to ET's in 2019, he's on pace to beat the tackle mark by a healthy margin (72 to 49). he's halfway there for sacks (1 of 2) and TFLs (1 of 2) and a third of the way there for QB hits (2 of 6). with 14 games left i'd say just about any safety in the league could pick up 2 INTs and a FF or FR, so those are very achievable numbers. heck, if they're blitzing him he could match ET's 2019 sack/FF/FR totals on one play with a strip/sack/fumble recovery. so i'll go out on a limb here and say he's gonna match or break every one of these if he plays a full season.
    Right, my question wasn't so much about projections but expectations....I know they're related but for me the key difference is projection is tied to the players body of work. Expectations are based on the role the player will be asked to fill.

I was skeptical of the move based purely from an on the field perspective.
    But, either way I agree the bar should be set at ET level of performance and the early reports look good.
    Just have to keep an eye on coverage grades.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

8. Re: DeShon Elliott vs Earl Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    I'd say with the amount of safety blitzing that Wink does makes it inevitable that those stats factor into his evaluation. They've wanted a Jamal Adams type player who pressures the QB a lot and I think DeShon fits that mold.

From watching the small sample size we've been given, he does fly to the ball. I'm just not expecting perfect coverage or a bunch of picks. If he's where Clark needs him to be (and stays healthy) I think he'll do fine. If you take Earls stats from last year and told me those were realistic expectations for DeShon, I'd probably agree.

15 Games
    2 INT
    4 PD
    1 FF
    1 FR
    2.0 Sacks
    49 Tackles
    2 TFL
    6 QB hits
    I think at the end of the day, can't argue that this decision to roll with Elliot worked out. Essentially replicated Earls 2019 production without the headache (lack of INT is disappointing, but outside a few missed tackles he's been solid and steady). His final stat sheet for this season:

16 games
    0 int
    4 PD
    2 FF
    0 FR
    2.5 Sacks
    80 tackles
    3 TFL
    5 QB hits

The biggest x-factor was would Deshon make it through the season healthy. Most of us thought that if he could do that, the production from ET would not be missed. That proved to be true. And he laid a couple of big signature hits this season too which was very nice to see. Miss the old days when that was a regular occurrence each week.

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    I think at the end of the day, can't argue that this decision to roll with Elliot worked out. Essentially replicated Earls 2019 production without the headache (lack of INT is disappointing, but outside a few missed tackles he's been solid and steady). His final stat sheet for this season:

16 games
    0 int
    4 PD
    2 FF
    0 FR
    2.5 Sacks
    80 tackles
    3 TFL
    5 QB hits
    Also, your screen name and avatar depress me every time I see them! I know we will never see the likes of ER again. What a glorious time that was

11. Re: DeShon Elliott vs Earl Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    The biggest x-factor was would Deshon make it through the season healthy. Most of us thought that if he could do that, the production from ET would not be missed. That proved to be true. And he laid a couple of big signature hits this season too which was very nice to see. Miss the old days when that was a regular occurrence each week.
    Agree, health was always the thing holding him back. But as far as his first full starting season, don't think you can ask much more from a 6th round pick. Pretty impressive that we have 2 quality starting safeties back there drafted in the 6th round.

Blog Entries

He was actually willing to hit Derrick Henry.

End of story.