Does anyone here gamble in the stock market?

I used to have an issue with it. Not bad, but I usually lose. Well. I opened a small account with Robinhood. Sent in $500. And have been gambling with it. Buying options. I was up a little, then down Then got back to even the other day. Then tried to take a long shot on zoom.

I tried to buy 2 options yesterday as the market opened. Zoom was trading at 300. I placed an order for 2 contracts of $395 that expire next week. They were $2.20 each. I offered $2.10. They opened at 2.18. I never got them. It would have been a $438 purchase instead of the $420. $18 difference. I passed.

Zoom closes yesterday up 25. The option would have doubled to $4. I missed out on doubling my money in a few hours. $400 profit.

Then the earnings came out after close. Zoom is now up 150pts. It opened yesterday at 300, it’s now trading at 454. That $2.18 option is now trading at 70. The $400 investment yesterday am, would be worth 7k now. And I missed it over $18. This is why the stock market can make you sick.

Re: Does anyone here gamble in the stock market?

Man I love the stock market but I'm just simple minded with it. The options and everything get too confusing for me. I had a decent amount of apple stock back when I was in the Marines, yea... Should of kept it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I used to have an issue with it. Not bad, but I usually lose. Well. I opened a small account with Robinhood. Sent in $500. And have been gambling with it. Buying options. I was up a little, then down Then got back to even the other day. Then tried to take a long shot on zoom.

I tried to buy 2 options yesterday as the market opened. Zoom was trading at 300. I placed an order for 2 contracts of $395 that expire next week. They were $2.20 each. I offered $2.10. They opened at 2.18. I never got them. It would have been a $438 purchase instead of the $420. $18 difference. I passed.

Zoom closes yesterday up 25. The option would have doubled to $4. I missed out on doubling my money in a few hours. $400 profit.

Then the earnings came out after close. Zoom is now up 150pts. It opened yesterday at 300, it’s now trading at 454. That $2.18 option is now trading at 70. The $400 investment yesterday am, would be worth 7k now. And I missed it over $18. This is why the stock market can make you sick.
    I'm big into trading. I sold my ZM call options prior to earnings because holding a profit through earning is risky and wanted to lock in profit. Therefore I missed several hundred thousands in profits. I have other options in for another stock that should do nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    I'm big into trading. I sold my ZM call options prior to earnings because holding a profit through earning is risky and wanted to lock in profit. Therefore I missed several hundred thousands in profits. I have other options in for another stock that should do nicely.
    I have been watching workhorse WKHS.

I finally bought some Tesla today. It’s taking a tiny dip

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I have been watching workhorse WKHS.

I finally bought some Tesla today. It’s taking a tiny dip
    Check out PTON. Earnings report next Thursday. I expect a runup. Its been on a tear.