Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Statement From Baltimore Ravens:

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore35 View Post
    And who gets to be the ethical police and determine what's right??
    Are you postulating rape is right?

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    So you’re saying, if you were an officer, you’d wait for the suspect to reach into their vehicle and start shooting before you’d take action?

Glad you’re not on the beat.

The amount of people, including the Ravens org, that don’t have all the facts and nuances of this incident is astounding.
    And you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore35 View Post
    My biggest question is where do we draw the line on social press releases and statements? Theres a lot of bad and tragic events that happen in the United States, so where are press releases on those? Why are we going to pick and choose what is fought?
    First of all, it has to be a black victim.
    Second, there has to be social justice terrorism or threats

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I don’t know many places were defending a rapist is right.
    It wasn't in reference to that, but to the entire situation as a whole
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I don’t know many places were defending a rapist is right.
    Sadly... these kinds of things are becoming commonplace... Whatever need be said to drive as many wedges between people as possible...

The police are bad Mmmmkay...?

Blog Entries

My response to the Ravens. I will say in advance I canceled my NFL Gamepass this week, and explicitly told them it was because I would never give them another red penny to funnel to Communist and terrorist organizations. I was hoping to still be able to support the Ravens, at the very least follow along, but I gotta be honest, it's getting goddamned hard. Of course, they did kneel for the National Anthem IN LONDON, and then STOOD for the UK Anthem, and I haven't written them off completely. Anyway, my response, and I'd like to see them or anybody who supports this statement answer it.

"With yet another example of racial discrimination with the shooting of Jacob Blake

This is just blatantly false. First, plenty of people, myself included, feel it was a justified shooting. However, even if you want to argue it wasn't, there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE, it had anything to do with racial discrimination. That's a hell of an assumption.

, and the unlawful abuse of peaceful protesters

I'm sorry, but where have peaceful protesters been unlawfully abused? There have been some isolated incidents which should be dealt with, but the far larger problem is violent rioters raping, robbing, and murdering.

, we MUST unify as a society. It is imperative that all people – regardless of race, religion, creed or belief – come together to say, 'Enough is enough!'

I agree with this 100%.

The problem is what we define as the problem is radically different.

This is bigger than sports.

Again, agree 100%. It's why I'm willing to deny myself of something I love so as to not financially support that which I will not tolerate.

Racism is embedded in the fabric of our nation's foundation and is a blemish on our country's history.

I reject your Marxist interpretation of history. Racism existed and exists in this country, as it does in the hearts of men, but this country has been the single greatest force in the history of humanity in thwarting the forces of racism. From its foundational texts, to the half a million dead on its battlefields, to its driving tyranny from Europe and Asia, no entity in human history has done more to liberate humanity than the United States of America.

I love our country. You hate it.

That it is our divide. And it is a divide which cannot be solved without blood I'm afraid, which is what we are starting to see shed in the streets of our cities.

If we are to change course and make our world a better place, we must face this problem head-on and act now to enact positive change.

Again, agree, we have a problem and we need to deal with it. But our beliefs are diametrically opposed.

It is time to accept accountability

No. I don't accept accountability for things other people did or do. And I don't accept accountability for things that happened hundreds of years before I was born. And I don't expect anyone else to either.

Now, as long as we're on the topic of accountability, will anyone acknowledge that if this guy in Wisconsin had just complied with legal and reasonable orders, he would be alive today, and that he is entire accountable for his own death?

and acknowledge the ramifications of slavery and racial injustice.

I'm willing to do that. What do you think the ramifications are?

Though we cannot right all the wrongs of our country's history, we can:

This ain't Quantum Leap and I ain't Sam and you ain't fucking Al. But thank you for the acknowledgment that I cannot solve all the wrongs of history.

Arrest and charge the police officers responsible for Breonna Taylor's killing and the shooting of Jacob Blake.

What do you want to charge them with? Taylor's case is particularly flummoxing. I've already said I think Blake's shooting was justified. But again, if you have specific charges in mind tell me, and then we can have a real conversation.

Demand that Senator Mitch McConnell bring the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act of 2020 to the Senate floor for vote.
    I haven't seen this bill, but I have to be honest, any bill with the name of a career criminal, who put the barrel of a gun in the belly of a pregnant woman, starts behind the 8 ball with me.

End qualified immunity;

This is something I could support in many forms.

require body cameras;
    I support this as well. However, we are now watching justified shootings on tape and you still won't accept them, so they won't solve as many problems as I thought they would.

ban chokeholds

I don't think this is a big deal. As long as the rules of engagement stay the same, it doesn't matter.

and no-knock warrants;

A limited ban would be fine. It should not be completely removed from thier arsenal though.

hold police accountable in court;

When aren't they? Just because juries keep acquitting cops, doesn't mean the juries are wrong.

You know who is wrong? The media which is giving you distorted views of these cases, and the topic in general.

establish a framework to prohibit racial profiling at federal, state, and local levels

This already exists.

Support state- and federally-mandated CALEA Accreditation and national standards of care in policing.

On board with this for sure. However, you better alert your communist friends at BLM. Because you aren't going to raise the standards for police performance while slashing their budgets.

Encourage everyone to engage in the political process by registering to vote on both the local and national level.

All eligible parties should vote. Let me suggest to people worried about these issues, see who is in charge of these locales that are having unrest. What political party is in charge of every one of these cities. Should we keep reelecting that party to deliver the same results?

Demand prison sentencing reform that is fair and equitable.

As with most of this, be specific.

Encourage every citizen to act with respect and compliance when engaging with the police. If you feel there has been an abuse of power, we encourage you to contact your police department's internal affairs unit. (For Baltimore City, dial 410-396-2300.)

Good advice.

We will use our platform to drive change now – not just for our generation, but for the generations that follow, for our sons and daughters and for their children."

Calm down. You're a fucking football team. How about win a playoff game?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Defending a rapist is the right side?
    Bisciotti obviously sees it as the right side. I think history will too.

Nevertheless, I must be misunderstanding American law. I didn't realise it was OK to shoot someone in the back many times if they were wanted for a serious enough offense.

I'm assuming it's not OK to shoot someone multiple times if they're wanted for parking tickets but you're telling me it's OK for rape so I'm wondering where does the shoot in the back threshold lie? Bulglary? Assault? Protesting?

So this guy alleged had a knife in his car and was going to his car nd was shot 7 times in the back. Meanwhile, in the same community, a white guy guns down 2 people and walks down the street past the police with a long gun draped across his chest. People are screaming and pointing that this guy just shot people and the cops ride past him.

If you guys dont see anything wrong with this pictures then you all are apart of the problem.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    My response to the Ravens. I will say in advance I canceled my NFL Gamepass this week, and explicitly told them it was because I would never give them another red penny to funnel to Communist and terrorist organizations. I was hoping to still be able to support the Ravens, at the very least follow along, but I gotta be honest, it's getting goddamned hard. Of course, they did kneel for the National Anthem IN LONDON, and then STOOD for the UK Anthem, and I haven't written them off completely. Anyway, my response, and I'd like to see them or anybody who supports this statement answer it.

"With yet another example of racial discrimination with the shooting of Jacob Blake

This is just blatantly false. First, plenty of people, myself included, feel it was a justified shooting. However, even if you want to argue it wasn't, there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE, it had anything to do with racial discrimination. That's a hell of an assumption.

, and the unlawful abuse of peaceful protesters

I'm sorry, but where have peaceful protesters been unlawfully abused? There have been some isolated incidents which should be dealt with, but the far larger problem is violent rioters raping, robbing, and murdering.

, we MUST unify as a society. It is imperative that all people – regardless of race, religion, creed or belief – come together to say, 'Enough is enough!'

I agree with this 100%.

The problem is what we define as the problem is radically different.

This is bigger than sports.

Again, agree 100%. It's why I'm willing to deny myself of something I love so as to not financially support that which I will not tolerate.

Racism is embedded in the fabric of our nation's foundation and is a blemish on our country's history.

I reject your Marxist interpretation of history. Racism existed and exists in this country, as it does in the hearts of men, but this country has been the single greatest force in the history of humanity in thwarting the forces of racism. From its foundational texts, to the half a million dead on its battlefields, to its driving tyranny from Europe and Asia, no entity in human history has done more to liberate humanity than the United States of America.

I love our country. You hate it.

That it is our divide. And it is a divide which cannot be solved without blood I'm afraid, which is what we are starting to see shed in the streets of our cities.

If we are to change course and make our world a better place, we must face this problem head-on and act now to enact positive change.

Again, agree, we have a problem and we need to deal with it. But our beliefs are diametrically opposed.

It is time to accept accountability

No. I don't accept accountability for things other people did or do. And I don't accept accountability for things that happened hundreds of years before I was born. And I don't expect anyone else to either.

Now, as long as we're on the topic of accountability, will anyone acknowledge that if this guy in Wisconsin had just complied with legal and reasonable orders, he would be alive today, and that he is entire accountable for his own death?

and acknowledge the ramifications of slavery and racial injustice.

I'm willing to do that. What do you think the ramifications are?

Though we cannot right all the wrongs of our country's history, we can:

This ain't Quantum Leap and I ain't Sam and you ain't fucking Al. But thank you for the acknowledgment that I cannot solve all the wrongs of history.

Arrest and charge the police officers responsible for Breonna Taylor's killing and the shooting of Jacob Blake.

What do you want to charge them with? Taylor's case is particularly flummoxing. I've already said I think Blake's shooting was justified. But again, if you have specific charges in mind tell me, and then we can have a real conversation.

Demand that Senator Mitch McConnell bring the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act of 2020 to the Senate floor for vote.
    I haven't seen this bill, but I have to be honest, any bill with the name of a career criminal, who put the barrel of a gun in the belly of a pregnant woman, starts behind the 8 ball with me.

End qualified immunity;

This is something I could support in many forms.

require body cameras;
    I support this as well. However, we are now watching justified shootings on tape and you still won't accept them, so they won't solve as many problems as I thought they would.

ban chokeholds

I don't think this is a big deal. As long as the rules of engagement stay the same, it doesn't matter.

and no-knock warrants;

A limited ban would be fine. It should not be completely removed from thier arsenal though.

hold police accountable in court;

When aren't they? Just because juries keep acquitting cops, doesn't mean the juries are wrong.

You know who is wrong? The media which is giving you distorted views of these cases, and the topic in general.

establish a framework to prohibit racial profiling at federal, state, and local levels

This already exists.

Support state- and federally-mandated CALEA Accreditation and national standards of care in policing.

On board with this for sure. However, you better alert your communist friends at BLM. Because you aren't going to raise the standards for police performance while slashing their budgets.

Encourage everyone to engage in the political process by registering to vote on both the local and national level.

All eligible parties should vote. Let me suggest to people worried about these issues, see who is in charge of these locales that are having unrest. What political party is in charge of every one of these cities. Should we keep reelecting that party to deliver the same results?

Demand prison sentencing reform that is fair and equitable.

As with most of this, be specific.

Encourage every citizen to act with respect and compliance when engaging with the police. If you feel there has been an abuse of power, we encourage you to contact your police department's internal affairs unit. (For Baltimore City, dial 410-396-2300.)

Good advice.

We will use our platform to drive change now – not just for our generation, but for the generations that follow, for our sons and daughters and for their children."

Calm down. You're a fucking football team. How about win a playoff game?
    I loved quantum leap. Great reference.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    So this guy alleged had a knife in his car and was going to his car nd was shot 7 times in the back. Meanwhile, in the same community, a white guy guns down 2 people and walks down the street past the police with a long gun draped across his chest. People are screaming and pointing that this guy just shot people and the cops ride past him.

If you guys dont see anything wrong with this pictures then you all are apart of the problem.
    The two are not related. We have a thread on this titled “Wisconsin”. Check it out

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post

Nevertheless, I must be misunderstanding American law. I didn't realise it was OK to shoot someone in the back many times if they were wanted for a serious enough offense.

I'm assuming it's not OK to shoot someone multiple times if they're wanted for parking tickets but you're telling me it's OK for rape so I'm wondering where does the shoot in the back threshold lie? Bulglary? Assault? Protesting?
    Here’s the line, it’s super easy.

When you have a felony warrant

Involved in what is reported as a domestic violence

Wrestle with cops as they try to VERBALLY de-escalate

Get tased and still don’t get the hint

Wrestle again and break free towards your car.

Reach into the car

Do not comply when the officer shouts drop the knife.

When you check all those boxes and are a piece of shit rapist, then it is ok to kill you. Simple enough. If thinking that guy is the victim is the right side of history, you have a bullshit book.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post

Defending a rapist is the right side of history? Yikes!

And you should read up on justifiable use of force for police.