Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 606162

Re: Statement From Baltimore Ravens:

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    I'm saying people who are illiterate have bigger challenges to wealth building than access to capital.
    Fair. From what I understand when you move past the former problem, people do have the latter problem in the inner city though.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Fair. From what I understand when you move past the former problem, people do have the latter problem in the inner city though.

Ort....you sign up for Fantasy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Well, why?

It's not because of the color of their skin.

I've used this example before because it fits when it comes to banks lending money for businesses.

There's a corner lot in front of our mall that cannot do business. Looking at that strip on that side of the road from left to right is a Texas Roadhouse (always packed), an cellphone store (Verizon maybe), Chick-fil-a (slammed), Starbucks (busy), some sort of chicken salad restaurant, an Olive Garden (smallest in the world, busy), then that corner lot. Across the road is a Dicks, Target, Game Stop, Zaxby's, cigar shop, 5 Below, Pet-Co, some sort of girly smell place, large electronics store. All of those places make money. They stay busy. That corner lot though will not support a business. I've lived here for 26 years and it's been three different restaurants, a plant nursery, and a small appliance repair store. Nothing in the last ten years. I asked my wife about it one day and she flat out said banks wouldn't lend money to anyone trying to open a business there unless they had an insane amount of collateral. Historically it is a money drain.
    Understand that this is in a booming part of a relatively wealthy town.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I've used this example before because it fits when it comes to banks lending money for businesses.

There's a corner lot in front of our mall that cannot do business. Looking at that strip on that side of the road from left to right is a Texas Roadhouse (always packed), an cellphone store (Verizon maybe), Chick-fil-a (slammed), Starbucks (busy), some sort of chicken salad restaurant, an Olive Garden (smallest in the world, busy), then that corner lot. Across the road is a Dicks, Target, Game Stop, Zaxby's, cigar shop, 5 Below, Pet-Co, some sort of girly smell place, large electronics store. All of those places make money. They stay busy. That corner lot though will not support a business. I've lived here for 26 years and it's been three different restaurants, a plant nursery, and a small appliance repair store. Nothing in the last ten years. I asked my wife about it one day and she flat out said banks wouldn't lend money to anyone trying to open a business there unless they had an insane amount of collateral. Historically it is a money drain.
    Wait the bank won’t lend money to a place that won’t make money and not retain value???? Those redlining racists!

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Ort....you sign up for Fantasy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I not only signed up, but then learned what I was doing well after overpaying for Kamara!

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post

I could see that honestly. The spot across from my office seems to be like that. In 6 years, have definitely seen a few restaurants come and go there.