Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin

Re: Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    I am. Good seeing you brother.
    Good to hear from you GJ. It's comforting to know one person up in Wisconsin that we know is not part of the spiral of harm happening up there right now. Take care of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Good to hear from you GJ. It's comforting to know one person up in Wisconsin that we know is not part of the spiral of harm happening up there right now. Take care of yourself.
    Thanks buddy, good seeing you too Bust. How you been buddy?

3. Re: Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    My son is 8 and he is super into legos, taking things apart, putting them back together, etc.

I'm hoping to keep him on that path and maybe steer him into thinking about some trades programs or something...
    engineering

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    engineering
    That would be great, but I'm not overly excited at the thought of sending him to a college where you have to take a bunch of dumb classes to graduate.

That's one thing I hope changes with higher ed in the next decade. If you want to be an engineer...why do you need to pay for classes outside of that major or degree plan? Why should a kid that wants to be an engineer be taking philosophy or english literature classes? Nothing against those areas of study - they can definitely be interesting, but what do they have to do with being an engineer?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Thanks buddy, good seeing you too Bust. How you been buddy?
    I see the Milwaukee Bucks are boycotting their NBA playoff game tonight. Brewers are also considering it. Mark me down as who gives a shit. Maybe China.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/basketball/53926764

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I see the Milwaukee Bucks are boycotting their NBA playoff game tonight. Brewers are also considering it. Mark me down as who gives a shit. Maybe China.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/basketball/53926764
    Yeah I seen that. What do you guys think of this?

I see that they laying the groundwork for the guy admitting he had a knife in his car...and that when he reaches in his car....they were scared for their life. Seven shots.

Ok. The officer was scared and shot him. Maybe he panicked and that split second he shot and shot and shot.

The problem is that when u look at that video with that guy popping off his long gun..I see police in the video. Why didn't they shoot him? Why weren't they afraid of this guy. Wouldn't they be more threaten by some guy in the middle of the street popping of a gun?

This is the crux of why folks get soooo upset about this. It seems that they are so scared of these black men and their only option is to shoot. How is that long gun guy even standing up after shooting with police around?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I know I'm in the minority here, so I'm just going to say, I can only empathize with how they feel the best I can. Looking at it from many of the players' perspective, a black man was nearly executed on suspicion of violence while a white kid confessed to an officer that he killed someone and was let go on his way.
    How is one supposed to feel like you don't live under a double standard when this occurs? How are you supposed to have hope? How are you supposed to believe in justice when those empowered to enforce it have done so in this manner?
    If I'm them, I don't know... at minimum I wouldn't really feel proud to take the court, field, what ever have you. I'd feel lost. I'd feel anger. To expect me to go out and play a game right now... how could I?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    I know I'm in the minority here, so I'm just going to say, I can only empathize with how they feel the best I can. Looking at it from many of the players' perspective, a black man was nearly executed on suspicion of violence while a white kid confessed to an officer that he killed someone and was let go on his way.
    How is one supposed to feel like you don't live under a double standard when this occurs? How are you supposed to have hope? How are you supposed to believe in justice when those empowered to enforce it have done so in this manner?
    If I'm them, I don't know... at minimum I wouldn't really feel proud to take the court, field, what ever have you. I'd feel lost. I'd feel anger. To expect me to go out and play a game right now... how could I?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Well that makes two of us. I'm with you; we have severe problems of as of summer 2020 in the good ole' U S of A. Glad to see the NBA and MLB athletes take a stand.

I am. Good seeing you brother.
    Good seeing you too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    I see that they laying the groundwork for the guy admitting he had a knife in his car...and that when he reaches in his car....they were scared for their life. Seven shots.

Ok. The officer was scared and shot him. Maybe he panicked and that split second he shot and shot and shot.

The problem is that when u look at that video with that guy popping off his long gun..I see police in the video. Why didn't they shoot him? Why weren't they afraid of this guy. Wouldn't they be more threaten by some guy in the middle of the street popping of a gun?

This is the crux of why folks get soooo upset about this. It seems that they are so scared of these black men and their only option is to shoot. How is that long gun guy even standing up after shooting with police around?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    There were several people out with guns and I don’t think they knew this kid was the shooter. That and when he was walking down the street as they came around the corner he was walking with his hands up.

Blog Entries

I don’t get what it accomplishes. But okay, if that’s what they want to do.