Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 192021

Thread: Wisconsin

Re: Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Kids should be working on real life marketable skills in high school. IT, SQL, coding etc...

College should be a more intense version of that. A good mix of theory and use of real tools that you can get a job coming out of college using. Tableau, Microsoft BI, Java, C#, Web development etc.. There are plenty of jobs out there for people that have actual experience working in IT.
    As someone who has hired 80 IT graduates, new US graduates aren’t great. I would even say that inside the first 5 years, I would interview but mostly not hire any US graduates. There are some exceptions, but only 2 were US graduates. The 78 others were from other countries. All were paid the same.

Things that made the difference when hiring:
    Worked a crappy job for more than 1 year - much much more likely to interview
    Have a portfolio of work, which included something customised - more likely to hire
    Had a prepared answer to what they would do IF their work wasn’t up to scratch - nearly all graduates will get that feedback inside 12 months

Not all graduates are going to be as good as others.... top graded graduates weren’t always an indication of corporate performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Years ago, my cousin did a few IT certifications which were sufficient to get a job. He took a couple of relatively inexpensive courses to help prepare for those certification exams. Once he got a job, that company paid for him to get a college degree through the University of MD University College. I think that is a very practical path for a young person who has good technical skills to pursue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When I worked corporate, I wouldn’t have been allowed to hire your cousin. BUT I run my own show now and I do hire people like your cousin. As long as they worked to support themselves while doing their courses.... I would interview and probably hire for an entry level position.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    When I worked corporate, I wouldn’t have been allowed to hire your cousin. BUT I run my own show now and I do hire people like your cousin. As long as they worked to support themselves while doing their courses.... I would interview and probably hire for an entry level position.
    That’s what he did. He was working in a shopping mall and living with his parents. He saved up enough money to pay for the certification exam courses and the exams themselves. Once he passed those exams, he was able get an entry level job. Then the company that hired him paid for him to get a college degree part-time while he was working full-time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

New video of the shooting with Kyle Rittenhouse.

Check out the first 7-8 minutes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C2otWYuqaD0

This kid is clearly a vigilante and is going to jail for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    New video of the shooting with Kyle Rittenhouse.

Check out the first 7-8 minutes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C2otWYuqaD0

This kid is clearly a vigilante and is going to jail for a long time.
    My work PC account won't let me view it but I'll check it out later.

Kinosha Kyle Rittenhouse....

Fresh faced do gooder first responder hero worshipper single mother child that slings an AR like an Army Ranger.... Scourge to commie anarchist wife beaters, child molesters and self proclaimed marxists everywhere.

We should clone him like Bobafet and send him into every major city.

The real utopia will then quickly follow.

James Gardener, the bar owner in Omaha who lost his bar leases after shooting the guy that jumped on his back and put him in a chokehold committed suicide this week unfortunately after a special prosecutor was brought in and indicted him on manslaughter and making terroristic threats..... He was facing like 90 years if convicted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    My work PC account won't let me view it but I'll check it out later.

Kinosha Kyle Rittenhouse....

Fresh faced do gooder first responder hero worshipper single mother child that slings an AR like an Army Ranger.... Scourge to commie anarchist wife beaters, child molesters and self proclaimed marxists everywhere.

We should clone him like Bobafet and send him into every major city.

The real utopia will then quickly follow.

James Gardener, the bar owner in Omaha who lost his bar leases after shooting the guy that jumped on his back and put him in a chokehold committed suicide this week unfortunately after a special prosecutor was brought in and indicted him on manslaughter and making terroristic threats..... He was facing like 90 years if convicted.
    Watch this instead.

Wonder if anyone will still say he murdered someone.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Watch this instead.

Wonder if anyone will still say he murdered someone.
    Can you pardon someone before they actually go to trial? I think Trump should pardon this kid if it's at all possible.

Not sure where to post this, but...

REPORT: Nearly 70% Of Portland Rioters Had Charges Dropped By Progressive DA

Why would the DA in Portland support white supremacy by dropping charges against so many of the white supremacists destroying the city? I figured that the DA would want to keep these people behind bars? I wonder why the change of heart?

Also...why isn't everybody in Leftist-ville upset over these white supremacists not being charged with crimes?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Not sure where to post this, but...

REPORT: Nearly 70% Of Portland Rioters Had Charges Dropped By Progressive DA

Why would the DA in Portland support white supremacy by dropping charges against so many of the white supremacists destroying the city? I figured that the DA would want to keep these people behind bars? I wonder why the change of heart?

Also...why isn't everybody in Leftist-ville upset over these white supremacists not being charged with crimes?
    Will floridabasedfan show up and explain to us why the DA of Portland is freeing white supremacists?

I bet he won't.