Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: RNC worst nightmare, Biden giving a coherent speech

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I’d rather vote for someone than against someone, but your call...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same. Unfortunately it's been awhile since the big two parties have nominated someone I feel alright voting for.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

He read his teleprompter real good.But when's he going to be interviewed in-depth by a real journalist instead of an adoring leftist flunky. Let's see him debate Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I get the anybody but him idea, in theory. But in practice, it doesn't work.

In the case of "anybody but Trump". The two people are worse. Seriously Joe has been part of the problem for 50 years and is NOW going to fix it? And then there is Harris who literally has enforced laws on the little guy who couldn't defend himself to advance her political career. She is a version of Hilary Clinton, the only difference is Hilary has been around longer.

I just had this conversation with a friend this morning. Trump is loud, obnoxious, crude, rude and socially unacceptable. That said, I'm not looking for a moral or spiritual leader, I'm looking for policies and from a policy standpoint, he's one of the better ones we've had in a long time.
    I understand your point of view.

For me, all politicians are the same. No matter who is in office, due to my hard work...my way of life, earnings stay the same. I know that is selfish. What I do care about is having a president who actual cares about ALL the people he is serving than himself. Everything Trump does is to support himself and winning..no matter who he crushes along the way.

Character matters to me. Effed up people do effed up things when they are cornered, uncomfortable, or bothered. I have no faith that Trump would sacrifice himself for the betterment of the country if put in that situation. I think he is a horrible person. I just can't get behind that. He's the type of person where he is going to always surround himself with suspect individuals. His personality creates yes men who are too scared to check him when needed. More concerned about being right than listening to advice from others. Thinned skinned..degrades any and everybody..but can't take a single slight against him.

Other than passing the tax law, what other major initiatives have occurred? Prison sentencing reform? This was great. But as I said before, Mich refused to give Obama that during his terms..wouldn't even bring it up for votes. GOP controlled both chambers for six of the eight yeas he was there. They were more obstructionist than the house dems (please be fair, they did obstruct those six years). I give Trump credit because the GOP are scared shitless of Trump voters...so Mitch let sentence reform get worked on. Which was smart to usher in the "Trump had done more for Blacks since..." narrative.

I get the conservative judges and I know that is really important for those who care about those issues.

I don't ever want to hear from Trump conservatives that character matters; or them ever complaining how a president is acting or carrying on overseas with foreign leaders.

When my kids see Trump on TV calling people names, Pocahontas, sleep Joe, crooked Hillary, lying Ted, and etc...I have to go out my way to explain that's not how you treat people. Or when they ask me why doesn't the president want us to wear a mask...I have to explain it...sometimes Trump doesnt lead the best example for our kids with the way he carries on.

Finally, I DEFINITELY blame him for the after-effects of this covid outbreak. We will never know, but I have to believe things would have been better if he wasnt so concerned about how this would effect his election. There are still people today who don't think this is serious...following the lead of the president...saying "it is what it is" when asked about the many deaths is just crazy to me. I know people got to work to live....I'm fine with opening things up when he did....but he should have led the charge of opening up WEARING MASKS.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mikezpen View Post
    He read his teleprompter real good.But when's he going to be interviewed in-depth by a real journalist instead of an adoring leftist flunky. Let's see him debate Trump.
    Trump will insult and degrade during the debate..he will say how the world will end of he isn't re-elected...he doesnt have a handle on policy...

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post

Other than passing the tax law, what other major initiatives have occurred? Prison sentencing reform? This was great.

Let’s see, we’ll judges as you mentioned, the crime Reform (though not a huge fan of that as others are) renegotiated deals with Mexico Canada and China. Entrepreneur zones. Got us out of the Paris accord. Got us out of t he Iran deal. Instrumental in Israel’s uae normalization (helped by getting out of the Iran deal) cracking down on illegal immigration. Less regulation. Didn’t he also open up drilling areas?

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Let’s see, we’ll judges as you mentioned, the crime Reform (though not a huge fan of that as others are) renegotiated deals with Mexico Canada and China. Entrepreneur zones. Got us out of the Paris accord. Got us out of t he Iran deal. Instrumental in Israel’s uae normalization (helped by getting out of the Iran deal) cracking down on illegal immigration. Less regulation. Didn’t he also open up drilling areas?
    Let me continue some more. Rebuilt the military. Made us the #1 energy producer. More money in NATO's pockets. Oppurtunity zones in urban areas (mostly Tim Scott). And most but not least a rockin economy.

Trump will insult and degrade during the debate..he will say how the world will end of he isn't re-elected...he doesnt have a handle on policy...

You just summed up the last week of DNC TV in one sentence -> insult, degrade, claim the end of the world if our guy isn't elected.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 08-21-2020 at 04:33 PM.

Well we know Joe won't insult nobody lol. Come on you think he has a major handle on policy.

Also remember Pelosi saying "it is what it is" regarding the taking down of monuments. You can include that on Trump's accomplishment list too. No more statues are being taken down now that its a 10 yr sentence. Also the repubs only had both chambers the last 4 yrs.

Blog Entries

For me, all politicians are the same. No matter who is in office, due to my hard work...my way of life, earnings stay the same. I know that is selfish. What I do care about is having a president who actual cares about ALL the people he is serving than himself. Everything Trump does is to support himself and winning..no matter who he crushes along the way.

Character matters to me. Effed up people do effed up things when they are cornered, uncomfortable, or bothered. I have no faith that Trump would sacrifice himself for the betterment of the country if put in that situation. I think he is a horrible person. I just can't get behind that. He's the type of person where he is going to always surround himself with suspect individuals. His personality creates yes men who are too scared to check him when needed. More concerned about being right than listening to advice from others. Thinned skinned..degrades any and everybody..but can't take a single slight against him.

Other than passing the tax law, what other major initiatives have occurred? Prison sentencing reform? This was great. But as I said before, Mich refused to give Obama that during his terms..wouldn't even bring it up for votes. GOP controlled both chambers for six of the eight yeas he was there. They were more obstructionist than the house dems (please be fair, they did obstruct those six years). I give Trump credit because the GOP are scared shitless of Trump voters...so Mitch let sentence reform get worked on. Which was smart to usher in the "Trump had done more for Blacks since..." narrative.

I get the conservative judges and I know that is really important for those who care about those issues.

I don't ever want to hear from Trump conservatives that character matters; or them ever complaining how a president is acting or carrying on overseas with foreign leaders.

When my kids see Trump on TV calling people names, Pocahontas, sleep Joe, crooked Hillary, lying Ted, and etc...I have to go out my way to explain that's not how you treat people. Or when they ask me why doesn't the president want us to wear a mask...I have to explain it...sometimes Trump doesnt lead the best example for our kids with the way he carries on.

Finally, I DEFINITELY blame him for the after-effects of this covid outbreak. We will never know, but I have to believe things would have been better if he wasnt so concerned about how this would effect his election. There are still people today who don't think this is serious...following the lead of the president...saying "it is what it is" when asked about the many deaths is just crazy to me. I know people got to work to live....I'm fine with opening things up when he did....but he should have led the charge of opening up WEARING MASKS.

If all this is true, I don't see how you can vote for Biden or Harris. All can be said about the and some even worse.

They have been part of the problem the whole time. Getting rich off the system while telling you it's the other sides fault and "vote for us, we'll fix it" but never tell you how.

People have listed some things Trump has accomplished, what does Biden have? Opposing busing, for segregation, authored the crime bill, helped with the Iran deal, the Climate accord was for NAFTA and on and on and on.

From a standpoint of who is best for the country there is no comparison.
    Last edited by NCRAVEN; 08-21-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Well written.

I shield my kids from him too.

Trump had both House & Senate to fix things but we got more of the same. Now, DNC might get both and we shall see what happens then.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    If all this is true, I don't see how you can vote for Biden or Harris. All can be said about the and some even worse.

They have been part of the problem the whole time. Getting rich off the system while telling you it's the other sides fault and "vote for us, we'll fix it" but never tell you how.

People have listed some things Trump has accomplished, what does Biden have? Opposing busing, for segregation, authored the crime bill, helped with the Iran deal, the Climate accord was for NAFTA and on and on and on.

From a standpoint of who is best for the country there is no comparison.
    Most republican were for NAFTA and the crime bill. Maybe Bernie Sanders was against both from the beggining? Trump is real good at branding. How really different is the new deal vs NAFTA? Was it just ripped up and made mostly the same?

Economy. The stock market doesn't equal great economy. Its great for IRAs and well off people who can invest. Trump's greatest strength is to sell himself. Mostly the upper class are getting fat. The regular guy doesn't have the money to risk in stock market. All other economic numbers are following the same trend before he got elected.

Opportunity zones. That's great but not unique. Other presidents have implemented similar type programs. But I give him lots of credit.

Here is the thing. If Trump wasn't such a side show, you guys would have even more on your side of the ledger. Because he can't get out of his own way, time is spent putting out fires. He should have had laser focus on implementing his wall...have you guys figured out that his wall was his way into office? It will never be built across the border of Texas. That's why Ann Coulter is done with him. She figured it out.

Most republican were for NAFTA and the crime bill. Maybe Bernie Sanders was against both from the beggining? Trump is real good at branding. How really different is the new deal vs NAFTA? Was it just ripped up and made mostly the same?

Economy. The stock market doesn't equal great economy. Its great for IRAs and well off people who can invest. Trump's greatest strength is to sell himself. Mostly the upper class are getting fat. The regular guy doesn't have the money to risk in stock market. All other economic numbers are following the same trend before he got elected.

Opportunity zones. That's great but not unique. Other presidents have implemented similar type programs. But I give him lots of credit.

Here is the thing. If Trump wasn't such a side show, you guys would have even more on your side of the ledger. Because he can't get out of his own way, time is spent putting out fires. He should have had laser focus on implementing his wall...have you guys figured out that his wall was his way into office? It will never be built across the border of Texas. That's why Ann Coulter is done with him. She figured it out.

USMCA
    https://www.vox.com/2018/10/3/179300...deal-explained

Wages have increased more for lower income people under Trump than at any time since the Great Depression.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/31/pay-...recession.html

I don't care what Trump tweets or says. I don't care if he calls Sleepy Joe Biden a feckless little cunt on live TV. I care about his policies which have helped far more Americans than any president in my life time.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock