Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Here is an example of your Democrat's "peaceful" protests last night in Portland coming to a city near you

Quote Originally Posted by BuryRaven View Post
    I tried often but I'm very so much against forcing ideology. It's such a one handed battle. I would throw Sowell on my econ reading list for my macro econ classes. Had a great deal of discussion on how the fed can artificially stimulate demand and the following repercussions (2008).
    I could never force my views on a class. They need to learn, not parrot. Haven't figured out how to work Sowell into a lit class yet, but my freshmen and sophomores read Milton's Areopagitica.

"I cannot praise a fugitive and cloistered virtue, unexercised and unbreathed, that never sallies out and sees her adversary but slinks out of the race, where that immortal garland is to be run for, not without dust and heat."
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Re: Here is an example of your Democrat's "peaceful" protests last night in Portland coming to a city near you

This guy turned himself in apparently which was the best thing he could have done. Just turn yourself in and face the music. It's surprising to me how much press that incident got. Maybe this signals we are past the "Summer of Love" phase.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    This guy turned himself in apparently which was the best thing he could have done. Just turn yourself in and face the music. It's surprising to me how much press that incident got. Maybe this signals we are past the "Summer of Love" phase.
    And into the "Fall of Hate".

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    And into the "Fall of Hate".
    Yes, things will likely get crazier. I have to say though that the lack of Trump rallies has probably lessened the amount of violent incidents we will see as those were targets for the instigators.

It's too bad in a way because I really did want to see Jim Acosta get abused one last time with a group chant, ha ha. Fucking Covid, hah a.