Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: What offensive players should the Ravens try to keep?

Everybody (including me) loves Andrews, but one thing I'd like to see before committing Kittle type money to him is an extended period of health. I have some concerns about his durability. He gets dinged up a lot and when he is dinged up and playing, I believe it affects his consistency catching the ball. The games he had uncharacteristic drops were games he wasn't healthy. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by John Morris View Post
    Everybody (including me) loves Andrews, but one thing I'd like to see before committing Kittle type money to him is an extended period of health. I have some concerns about his durability. He gets dinged up a lot and when he is dinged up and playing, I believe it affects his consistency catching the ball. The games he had uncharacteristic drops were games he wasn't healthy. Just a thought.
    We can even sign him until after another full season by rule: But I agree, i would really like to see a full 19 game season from him this year, that would help me pull the trigger on a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    I think Zippy had a long night. Your clearly not thinking clearly Zip. Andrews is already a top 5 TE and will continue to ascend. Sometimes it's not elite speed or quickness with a Doctorate in Routes(Steve Smith shout out), it is that innate ability to use little nuances and street ball skill to always find a way to make plays. A whole lot a good traits adding up to great.
    I agree, Andrew's YPR (14.32) is right up there with Kittle (14.44) & Gronk (14.19) through the first two years of their careers - If we were a pass heavy offense I think he has the potential to put up the monster numbers those guys do

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Morris View Post
    No different with Kittle and Kelce; they have injury issues and miss games as well. These huge body guys take some hits and they're only human

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    No different with Kittle and Kelce; they have injury issues and miss games as well. These huge body guys take some hits and they're only human
    Gronk, Jimmy Graham, Antonio Gates all had issues too.

Tony Gonzalez and Jason Witten are exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Order of re-signing importance...

1. Lamar
    2. Stanley (who I'm betting will get his deal before the end of the season)
    3. Mandrews
    4. Zeus Deuce

Remember, we also will have to resign Humphrey. So, I think that will make Orlando the player they let walk.

So, just thinking about cap dollars, you're looking

Lamar - $42M+
    Stanley - $22M+
    Mandrews - $16M+
    Humphrey - $17M+

Which is $97M in cap space. That doesn't include if Hollywood lights it up. Then, you've got the rest of the defense. All I've got to say is that EDC is going to have to have great drafts the next 5 - 7 years to keep this going.
    Eric will keep it going.

i'd feel better about keeping Andrews over Brown if Andrews could take a step forward as a blocker. we'll see how much the Off. scheme changes over last year, but as great a receiving TE he is, he's not even the best blocking TE on the team. a team that rushes 60% of the time and makes such extensive use of downfield blocking like 2019 Ravens get so much out of TE blocking (TEs can't be called for ineligible man downfield, giving them so much more versatility). he's got the size, but he needs the attitude, and i do think that can be learned. with what appears to be an improved WR corps this year and not Hurst we should get more of an opportunity to see what he's got. but i'd feel better moving on from our best Tackle pair since JO played if i felt he could do more in that department and help out a weaker RT.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post

So, just thinking about cap dollars, you're looking

Lamar - $42M+
    Stanley - $22M+
    Mandrews - $16M+
    Humphrey - $17M+

Which is $97M in cap space. That doesn't include if Hollywood lights it up.
    Most of those figures look high to me, but you're right, if everyone gets a top of the market contract we can't keep them all. We have to hope a few players go for team friendly deals because they want to keep winning like the Chiefs did.

Players might find it hard to reset the market at their positions over the next few years with the cap shrinking.

$42M+ for Lamar looks cheap compared to Mahomes $50M average but most of his money comes towards the end of a 10 year deal. There's no way Lamar will cost an average of 42 mil against the cap over the next 5 or 6 years.

I think Kittle put a cap on the TE market for the next few years at $15M. No one's going to beat that unless they can make the case that they're better than Kittle. I'd estimate $13 -14M for Andrews.

Darius Slay and Byron Jones both get $16.5M average so $17 for Humphrey sounds fair but Marlon seems like he might take a team friendly deal.

Tunsil got $22M because he had Houston over a barrel after they traded 2 firsts for him. That's $5.5M over the next LT so let's hope that's an outlier rather than the new normal. I get the feeling Stanley might want every penny of it though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    RT is historically not a position the organization puts a priority on or put funds into. I don't think they have ever paid a RT a second contract. Assuming they pay Stanley, I expect that to continue to hold up and them not to pay Brown. They'll draft another guy in the 3rd-5th round and be fine because Lamar.

Compare to TE where they made Heap highest paid at the time and also gave Pitta a sizable extension. TE is even more important to this offense now than it was in the past and Andrews is definitely better than Pitta and arguably better than Heap (will not be arguable after Y3).

It will be much easier to find a viable replacement for Brown (again especially considering Lamar's mobility) than it will be to find someone who will give you what Andrews does. They will also have Andrews contract done before the Hollywood contract.

BTW Andrews dropped 5 passes last year...or the same number as Travis Kelce, Mike Evans, and Keenan Allen.

I'm okay with that.
    I agree with you but DeCosta is not Ozzie. We cant really talk about tradition anymore since the GM has changed. DeCosta departed from Ozzie in a big way by not only letting Mosley walk but doing so without even trying to franchise him.

We should try to keep Lamar Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    In order of importance:

1) Lamar Jackson
    2) Ronnie Stanley
    3) Mark Andrews
    4) Orlando Brown Jr.

In the conversation but still too soon to tell: Hollywood Brown
    100% agree on this. Hollywood still has 3 yrs before option and I consider the safety blanket that Andrews is over the RT position plus I'm not too keen on 2 high priced tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    We should try to keep Lamar Jackson
    That's a good idea.