Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: What offensive players should the Ravens try to keep?

The order that I would do
    1. Immediately after the season trade RS for 2 1st rd'ers+.
    2. Play OBJ Jr at LT for '21 to see if it works. Played LT at OK. Draft a RT in '21
    3. Sign Andrew's next off-season (and Humphrys is due)
    4. Sign LJ the following offseason and if OBJ works out sign him long term. I do worry about his speed though.

Big risk with trading RD as I was in the sign him camp but OBJ can play IT in the NFL that is a huge to have two legit LT. Need to take advantage. We will have two extra 1st rd in case OBJ doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravskins View Post
    The order that I would do
    1. Immediately after the season trade RS for 2 1st rd'ers+.
    2. Play OBJ Jr at LT for '21 to see if it works. Played LT at OK. Draft a RT in '21
    3. Sign Andrew's next off-season (and Humphrys is due)
    4. Sign LJ the following offseason and if OBJ works out sign him long term. I do worry about his speed though.

Big risk with trading RD as I was in the sign him camp but OBJ can play IT in the NFL that is a huge to have two legit LT. Need to take advantage. We will have two extra 1st rd in case OBJ doesn't work.
    OBJ cannot play LT. He might have played it in college but the pros are a different story. He is neither quick or agile enough.

Just sign Stanley already and let someone else go!

1. Lamar
    -gap-
    2. Stanley
    -gap-
    3. Hollywood (if he proves himself this season which I think he will)
    4. Mandrews
    5. Boyle (he'll still be under 30 when his current contract runs out)
    6. Baby Zeus
    -gap-
    7. Project Pat
    8. Skura (if he recovers from injury)
    9. Bozeman
    10. Gus or Justice (whoever compliments JK Dobbins cheaply)
    11. Snead
    12. Mekari

TBD Boykin, Fluker (new bod), Scarff, Powers, rookies

Lovely parting gift - Big Truss

Am I the only one here who thinks Andrews is maxed-out? He's not super fast, he's not very big, he drops a fair number of passes. I love his rapport with Lamar; but his production seems a product of volume, not exceptional skill. I wouldn't pay him top $$$.

Or rather, I wouldn't IF Marquise or Boykin show out. If Andrews remains our best receving option, then that speaks for itself. But if Marquise becomes a 1200-yd guy; or if Boykin becomes something like the "true #1" that his potential suggests; then Andrews seems the expendable one.

Put another way: in 2021, Andrews could easily be the 4th-best non-Lamar skill player on the Ravens offense, after Marquise & Dobbins & Boykin. That's not someone you throw the bank at. The list of TEs who are either clearly better than Andrews, or at least comparable to him, is not short.

Clearly better:
    Kittle
    Kelce
    Waller
    Comparable:
    Red Thor
    Austin Hooper
    OJ Howard
    Noah Fant
    Jonnu Smith

That's without considering any of the kids drafted this year. Or next (Pat Freiermuth?).
    Hell: in our offense Andrews isn't as important as Nick Boyle.

Or maybe I'm dead wrong. Andrews is only 24 this season. He could still be improving, just like the other young players are. Boykin hasn't done anything yet; hell, Marquise hasn't passed Andrews yet. Dobbins & Duvernay haven't played a down in the NFL. Mandrews is a Pro Bowler! So maybe I'm full of shit. Looking too far ahead, as usual.

I just worry that Andrews doesn't have much upside over what we've already seen. As opposed to say Marquise. Andrews might be an 80/20 guy; Marquise has a chance to be much more than that.

Andrews could very well end up the 4th option behind Hollywood, Boykin and Dobbins. I agree with you that I don't think his ceiling is much higher. Right now, just based on last season, he's the #1 receiving option. We'll have to see right?

I wouldn't pay him Kittle or Kelce money but I'd give him whatever Waller gets, assuming Waller slots behind the first two.

All this will very much depend on who falls to the Ravens in the next few drafts. They should def keep Stanley since he's up and worth it and everyone else depends on who is up and coming on the depth chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Respectfully, I think you are underselling what Mark Andrews does a lot here. It seems you are implying that a guy like Snead or one of the rookies can replicate what Andrews does/did, and I just don't agree with that at all personally.

In almost 20 years now of watching this team I can't recall any Ravens receiver/TE consistently getting as wide open as Andrews routinely was last year. Some of that for sure was play design/scheme but a big part of it was him too.
    Agreed, he has already flown well past Pitta and doesn’t have much to go to pass Heap... his peak is already way higher, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Am I the only one here who thinks Andrews is maxed-out? He's not super fast, he's not very big, he drops a fair number of passes. I love his rapport with Lamar; but his production seems a product of volume, not exceptional skill. I wouldn't pay him top $$$.

Or rather, I wouldn't IF Marquise or Boykin show out. If Andrews remains our best receving option, then that speaks for itself. But if Marquise becomes a 1200-yd guy; or if Boykin becomes something like the "true #1" that his potential suggests; then Andrews seems the expendable one.

Put another way: in 2021, Andrews could easily be the 4th-best non-Lamar skill player on the Ravens offense, after Marquise & Dobbins & Boykin. That's not someone you throw the bank at. The list of TEs who are either clearly better than Andrews, or at least comparable to him, is not short.

Clearly better:
    Kittle
    Kelce
    Waller
    Comparable:
    Red Thor
    Austin Hooper
    OJ Howard
    Noah Fant
    Jonnu Smith

That's without considering any of the kids drafted this year. Or next (Pat Freiermuth?).

Or maybe I'm dead wrong. Andrews is only 24 this season. He could still be improving, just like the other young players are. Boykin hasn't done anything yet; hell, Marquise hasn't passed Andrews yet. Dobbins & Duvernay haven't played a down in the NFL. Mandrews is a Pro Bowler! So maybe I'm full of shit. Looking too far ahead, as usual.

I just worry that Andrews doesn't have much upside over what we've already seen. As opposed to say Marquise. Andrews might be an 80/20 guy; Marquise has a chance to be much more than that.
    Pass the Dutchie to the left my man...

The list is very short. Kittle, Kielce and MAYBE Ertz, but nah...
    the rest of this list he is clearly superior than.

Blog Entries

I'm on the other side.

Andrew's is our best receiver.

He's closer to being elite at his position then any player on offense outside of Lamar and Stanley.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

Clearly better:
    Kittle
    Kelce
    Waller
    Comparable:
    Red Thor
    Austin Hooper
    OJ Howard
    Noah Fant
    Jonnu Smith

Friermuth is a beast

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    In order of importance:

1) Lamar Jackson
    2) Ronnie Stanley
    3) Mark Andrews
    4) Orlando Brown Jr.

In the conversation but still too soon to tell: Hollywood Brown
    Hey Shrubbs!! How goes the ball and chain.....I mean marriage...good ol marraige;-)

Your order is correct here, but add Humphrey and Judon to the list. Does Humphrey take the 2nd spot or 3rd? Judon last here I believe

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Pass the Dutchie to the left my man...

The list is very short. Kittle, Kielce and MAYBE Ertz, but nah...
    the rest of this list he is clearly superior than.

I think Zippy had a long night. Your clearly not thinking clearly Zip. Andrews is already a top 5 TE and will continue to ascend. Sometimes it's not elite speed or quickness with a Doctorate in Routes(Steve Smith shout out), it is that innate ability to use little nuances and street ball skill to always find a way to make plays. A whole lot a good traits adding up to great.