Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Fans Boo MLS Players Last Night

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I was there when fans booed the players pretty heavily when they took a knee before the National Anthem a few years ago. If there are fans, it's a safe assumption they will boo. And the players won't give two shits if they do, nor should they.
    The team really handled that poorly, they didn’t announce their intention like it was a big secret. Everyone thought they were going to kneel during the anthem.

When they got up most booing stopped. I just thought they outsmarted themselves and then came out flat against the steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    I guess the fans are in favor of police killing blacks.
    That's about as stupid as saying that any player who kneels must hate America. Neither is true.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I think a lot of people fail to realize that so far, the Ravens have it right. The NFL has it completely wrong in my eyes. The Ravens mission is as follows...

"Our mission is to win football games, serve our fans, and be a positive force in the community."

By creating that "community leadership team" or whatever they call it, and the work done/money donated by Steve to those various social justice organizations, they've done a tremendous job off the field of making an impact. To me, that's where it belongs, matters most, and that's where I think it should stay. All this extra stuff the NFL wants to bring on the field is bullshit in my eyes because it's forcing a political view down everyones throat. My hope is that the Ravens make that social impact OFF the field where real change happens and matters most, not on it. And if that's their plan, I think they should carefully word a letter or announcement saying so.
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

Blog Entries

By NFL having it wrong, I mean painting or hanging BLM (a moral and good message, but also a political (and in my mind, a bad) organization), singing the black national anthem (don't think I can think of anything more divisive and self segregating than this), and putting victims of police brutality names on jerseys or helmets (hypocrisy of the NFL to allow this, but not a helmet decal on cowboys helmets for the 5 Dallas cops murdered in 2015, or deangelo williams to wear pink all year for his late mother who lost her battle with breast cancer).
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

I'd hoped that the dying down of "the troops" aspect of the kneeling debate would make it less controversial but, I suppose, in a politically polarised world, some people were always going to be unhappy.

I think it's naive of the quoted player to be upset at the reaction from some fans. I support the protest but I would boo if I saw my team make a gesture I interpreted as right wing. That some people would be upset was part of the deal when they decided to make the protest.

If a protest isn't controversial, if everyone agrees with it, there's almost no point in making it. The debate would already be won.

Blog Entries

Guess what folks?

First Amendment gives you the right to free speech and expression. It does not give you the right to favorable consequences or responses.

Fans that boo’ed were just as much exercising their First Amendment rights as the players who were kneeling.

Don’t want to be a bitch that gets upset at being booed? Don’t kneel. Or, don’t worry about fans who boo. Take your pick.

Everyone in this country is so fucking soft these days. We’re allowed to disagree with each other folks....and it’s ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I'd hoped that the dying down of "the troops" aspect of the kneeling debate would make it less controversial but, I suppose, in a politically polarised world, some people were always going to be unhappy.

I think it's naive of the quoted player to be upset at the reaction from some fans. I support the protest but I would boo if I saw my team make a gesture I interpreted as right wing. That some people would be upset was part of the deal when they decided to make the protest.

If a protest isn't controversial, if everyone agrees with it, there's almost no point in making it. The debate would already be won.
    Agreed. I think "we the people" need to wake the f*ck up. We're being pitted against each other daily because the powers that be really hate our president. I don't like him, but it's been an all-out assault for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by teagues View Post
    Agreed. I think "we the people" need to wake the f*ck up. We're being pitted against each other daily because the powers that be really hate our president. I don't like him, but it's been an all-out assault for 4 years.
    I'm glad you agree with me but I think the rest of this post is too political for my tastes.

This board has been much more pleasant since the political arguments disappeared and even this thread had been doing a nice job of staying away from overt politics.

Quote Originally Posted by teagues View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I think he's bombastic and crass but for the love of god if the MSM and the modern american left is this outraged he must be onto something.

On the topic at hand, plenty of people support a critique and reform of policing. Since the 90's we've heavily militarized local law enforcement (escalation) in part to the L.A. riots and the ineffectiveness of the LAPD as well as the residual effect of the war on drugs. Plenty of people are against unarmed individuals being shot and killed by police however, BLM explicitly state their mission is an avocation of Marxist doctrine and a deconstruction of the nuclear family.

Marxist leanings result in millions of deaths which I would assume is the basis for the distaste of BLM the org.

Ultimately, it seems like people take a "this is good" or "this is bad" stance on topics like this and are unable to rationalize any critique as anything other than a character flaw "x likes racism". It's wildly myopic and simplistic thinking that breaks down any nuance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I'm glad you agree with me but I think the rest of this post is too political for my tastes.

This board has been much more pleasant since the political arguments disappeared and even this thread had been doing a nice job of staying away from overt politics.
    Saying that booing kneeing players is akin to being ok with “cops killing black people” is pleasant?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BuryRaven View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I think he's bombastic and crass but for the love of god if the MSM and the modern american left is this outraged he must be onto something.

On the topic at hand, plenty of people support a critique and reform of policing. Since the 90's we've heavily militarized local law enforcement (escalation) in part to the L.A. riots and the ineffectiveness of the LAPD as well as the residual effect of the war on drugs. Plenty of people are against unarmed individuals being shot and killed by police however, BLM explicitly state their mission is an avocation of Marxist doctrine and a deconstruction of the nuclear family.

Marxist leanings result in millions of deaths which I would assume is the basis for the distaste of BLM the org.

Ultimately, it seems like people take a "this is good" or "this is bad" stance on topics like this and are unable to rationalize any critique as anything other than a character flaw "x likes racism". It's wildly myopic and simplistic thinking that breaks down any nuance.
    Best post in this thread.

Oh no. All the political crap is black. And it's still 100% Fact Free.