Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: A decrease in draft value?

I don’t think it will be much of a big deal. The already known quantities will still come out, and those that need another year like Burrow did can simply go back to college and play next year.

Blog Entries

Not being a draft guy, all I can say is I am glad that we have the GM, overall front office, and scouting staff that we do.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Gota is right about Joe Burrow - his last year is THE reason he was the #1 pick and he wouldn't have been drafted nearly that high, if at all. Same with Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray. This will take more than good scouts and it also will rob some players of that last year of tape they needed
    If those guys play in the spring instead, could be a wild supplemental draft.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I don’t think it will be much of a big deal. The already known quantities will still come out, and those that need another year like Burrow did can simply go back to college and play next year.
    He was a senior last year and had no more eligibility.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

He was a senior last year and had no more eligibility.
    They could easily add special redshirt options to make up for this year... even allowing for a second red shirt year. They simply likely might not even count it as a year of eligibility for anyone.

Not like many athletes graduate in 4-5 years anyway... 6th and some might finally graduate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if they do have a smaller Spring football season of day 8 games. Is the NCAA going to declare those games will burn a season of eligibility? If they do someone is going to take them to court.

Prime players will not risk playing. Lower level players might play to increase their draft status but it will be gain at lesser talented talent. Pro scouts will be screwed in getting a true read on lower picks.

Expand the combine invites and the coaches and scouts will just have to use their own eyes. Might be good to take away some biased views of certain players

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    Expand the combine invites and the coaches and scouts will just have to use their own eyes. Might be good to take away some biased views of certain players
    This type of approach is where I see it going too, they're not going to play their final year they're opting out. why risk it?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

^that's true Ed but point is, would miss those guys that had a huge last year.
    Yup, I agree that those players that had a unexpected breakout Senior season will be missed. But how many players fit in that category? The number of surprise breakout players is only a small percentage of the draft pool; too insignificant a number to devalue the draft as whole.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Advantage EDC

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Yup, I agree that those players that had a unexpected breakout Senior season will be missed. But how many players fit in that category? The number of surprise breakout players is only a small percentage of the draft pool; too insignificant a number to devalue the draft as whole.
    You're right: but it's weird how that describes the last two #1 overall picks.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    They could easily add special redshirt options to make up for this year... even allowing for a second red shirt year. They simply likely might not even count it as a year of eligibility for anyone.

Not like many athletes graduate in 4-5 years anyway... 6th and some might finally graduate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If they don't have a season at all, I don't see how they can count that as a year of eligibility used up. I understand why they wouldn't give a year back to athletes that were midway through their seasons when they were called off, though I don't agree with it, but to count a year against people when the team wasn't even playing any games at all is absurd. I wouldn't put it passed the NCAA, but I still tend to think they won't count 2020 as a season if there aren't any games.

Assuming they do the right thing, that would most likely make the 2022 draft loaded.
    Last edited by tnsmith90; 08-13-2020 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Got the draft year mixed up.