Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: It's Biden-Harris for the Dem

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Every VP pick in the history of this country has conformed their views to be in line with Presidential nominee of their party. That includes Pence.

Pence spent his entire career as a fiscal conservative. There has been nothing fiscally conservative about the Trump Administration. We were running $1 trillion deficits even before the coronavirus pandemic hit when the economy was doing “well”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your evading the point is just the same as admitting you’re wrong and she’s not a moderate.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Wants to eliminate private health insurance, decriminalize illegal border crossing is moderate?
    On the real..actions speak louder than words. How did she lead when she had true independent power as AG? That's the true test. The rest is just the normal BS people say just to get through the political fray. Same with Biden...spent his whole career being moderate and super left on cherry picked issues...but now is saying what he got to say to appease the super left portions of the party. Remember, Warren and Sanders...the super left got crushed in the primaries.

I don't think painting either of them radical left will stick. The squad will probably not be totally happy with the pick...but they'll come around due to the symbolism of her being a minority woman...basically, they'll get over it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Your evading the point is just the same as admitting you’re wrong and she’s not a moderate.
    I am not evading anything. I said Harris is a moderate in the spectrum of the Democratic Party. She is definitely a centrist compared to Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren. Biden’s views will be compared to those of Trump in this election, not the previously stated views of their respective VP nominees.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    On the real..actions speak louder than words. How did she lead when she had true independent power as AG? That's the true test. The rest is just the normal BS people say just to get through the political fray. Same with Biden...spent his whole career being moderate and super left on cherry picked issues...but now is saying what he got to say to appease the super left portions of the party. Remember, Warren and Sanders...the super left got crushed in the primaries.

I don't think painting either of them radical left will stick. The squad will probably not be totally happy with the pick...but they'll come around due to the symbolism of her being a minority woman...basically, they'll get over it.

Her actions were that she had sex to advance her career and then did a lot of shady things as prosecutor/AG.

That said, I don’t think she’s going to move the needle in either direction l. If anything she probably hurts the ticket. 59% (I think) are worried Biden won’t survive a first term, which would mean it would be Harris, who got 3% of the vote in the primaries.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I am not evading anything. I said Harris is a moderate in the spectrum of the Democratic Party. She is definitely a centrist compared to Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren. Biden’s views will be compared to those of Trump in this election, not the previously stated views of their respective VP nominees.

She had many of the same views and even further left in some things than both of them. But whatever you’ve got to tell yourself to check that box on 11/3!

Blog Entries

She had many of the same views and even further left in some things than both of them. But whatever you’ve got to tell yourself to check that box on 11/3!
    Same to you.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Her actions were that she had sex to advance her career and then did a lot of shady things as prosecutor/AG.

That said, I don’t think she’s going to move the needle in either direction l. If anything she probably hurts the ticket. 59% (I think) are worried Biden won’t survive a first term, which would mean it would be Harris, who got 3% of the vote in the primaries.
    Does questionable sex practices and shadiness disqualify her for VP? If it does, you know what my next question would be. :)

All jokes aside. I think what she will do is get those black woman voters to come out in full force in larger numbers than what Hillary did. One thing I do know, rain or shine, long lines and hours wait times...they gonna hang in there and vote. They gonna cut off that night time action that their husbands want if they ain't out there with them voting. So their husbands will be out there too. We will see what happens....only reason Biden is where he is...it's black folks hitting those voter booths. The million dollar question is does that offset the millions of rural voters that will pull for Trump in the swing states. I think it's that simple.

Blog Entries

Does questionable sex practices and shadiness disqualify her for VP? If it does, you know what my next question would be. :)
    Ha, just saying let’s not pretend she’s a saint now that she’s in the ticket

All jokes aside. I think what she will do is get those black woman voters to come out in full force in larger numbers than what Hillary did. One thing I do know, rain or shine, long lines and hours wait times...they gonna hang in there and vote. They gonna cut off that night time action that their husbands want if they ain't out there with them voting. So their husbands will be out there too. We will see what happens....only reason Biden is where he is...it's black folks hitting those voter booths. The million dollar question is does that offset the millions of rural voters that will pull for Trump in the swing states. I think it's that simple.

Going to disagree. She was very unpopular in the primaries with black Americans, a lot had to do with her record as a prosecutor.

I wonder how it will play with the current state of things that her Dad bragged about her family being slave owners

Blog Entries

Just because she’s black doesn’t necessarily mean more Black Americans will vote for her.

She wasn’t that kind to minorities in California when she was the AG. She got called on that during the primary. In fact, she was the front runner until Tulsi owned her. She spiraled down after that.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

The suburbs are the other piece to this puzzle. Suburban voters swung to the Democrats in 2018, and so far there are no indications that is going to change in 2020. I think the way Trump has handled (or mishandled) the COVID-19 pandemic is going to bury him with suburban voters, especially with suburban women.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Just because she’s black doesn’t necessarily mean more Black Americans will vote for her.

She wasn’t that kind to minorities in California when she was the AG. She got called on that during the primary. In fact, she was the front runner until Tulsi owned her. She spiraled down after that.

Just like how the Dems underestimated Trump's appeal to rural Obama voters..the GOP shouldnt underestimate the brut force of the black woman who stayed home in 2016 because they weren't feeling Hillary....it will be a different ball game...especially if Trump does Trump and is blatantly disrespectful towards her. We all know he can't help himself...she has a silver tongue and will probably goad him to "hit back".

He'd be smart if he sticks to the "I've done more for African Americans since Abe Lincoln"....and limit his insults.

Blog Entries